Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Comments

• haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 20,350
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    There's already some opinion pieces that Green Bay should go get him.
  • creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,706
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Photogenic
    He's been disappointing. I didn't see that coming. I thought he'd be a good pro.
  • BleachedAnusDawgBleachedAnusDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,397
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    Speed speed speed!

He's not even as good as Tavon Austin. Cut from the same cloth, minus the part-time RB stuff, I guess. I always thought he was too skinny and could not put on weight and keep his speed.
  • RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Nobody is trading for him. He’s getting paid a few million. Someone would sign him for the minimum or a tiny bit more, but they aren’t giving up a pick and paying him what’s left of his contract.
  • creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,706
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Photogenic
    dnc said:

Speed speed speed!

He's not even as good as Tavon Austin. Cut from the same cloth, minus the part-time RB stuff, I guess. I always thought he was too skinny and could not put on weight and keep his speed.

He's not any smaller than DeShawn Jackson and had that kind of ceiling IMO. Could never stay healthy long enough though, and I don't think more weight would have fixed that.

I've still never seen a receiver absolutely terrify opposing DB's like senior Ross did.
    Which goes to show, again, that some guys just have that big play ability and some don't. Jackson has it in a big way, and always has.
  • dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    edited October 2020

Nobody is trading for him. He’s getting paid a few million. Someone would sign him for the minimum or a tiny bit more, but they aren’t giving up a pick and paying him what’s left of his contract.

His base salary is only 2.8 million this year and they've already played six games, meaning anyone trading for him would be on the hook for like $1.7 million max. He's a FA after the season.

Signing bonus stays with the trading team so whoever is acquiring him wouldn't be responsible for any of that.

I can't imagine a team giving up much for someone who hasn't played but the salary isn't prohibitive.

It seems like Ross had one all time great year at UW and the rest is unrealized potential. Am I wrong?

I love the guy for that year though.

You're not wrong.
  • Kingdome_UrinalsKingdome_Urinals Member Posts: 2,604
    First Comment 5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes
    Ross's 2016 year is basically the only full and productive year he has had in the last 7 or 8 seasons. 80 catches and over 1000 yards.
  • TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,800
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs
    Ross has been injured and also stuck with a shitty organization ... best thing for him is to get out of there ASAP

If the 12’s were smart they’d take a low $$$ flier on him in the offseason as the things Ross does well merges well with what Russell does

Put him in the right spot and he can be productive
  • RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Tequilla said:

Ross has been injured and also stuck with a shitty organization ... best thing for him is to get out of there ASAP

If the 12’s were smart they’d take a low $$$ flier on him in the offseason as the things Ross does well merges well with what Russell does

Put him in the right spot and he can be productive

Dorsett is pretty much the same player and the Seahawks have Josh Gordon. They don’t need Ross. A bunch of teams could use him a lot more than the Seahawks.
  • RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 100,722
    Swaye's Wigwam

That fumble vs Bama was a killer. People forget that

Well I had forgotten

That fumble vs Bama was a killer. People forget that

FMFYFJR3FE
  • AtomicDawgAtomicDawg Member Posts: 6,958
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes
    The offense literally did nothing after that. Never forget.