Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Donald Sterling's attorneys might be right, you know ...

pawzpawz Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 20,098 Founders Club
a.espncdn.com/pdf/2014/0527/dts_nba_charge.pdf
I. Because the Conversation that V. Stiviano Illegally Recorded Invades Mr. Sterling’s Rights Under the California Constitution and Cannot Be Used for any Purpose, These Proceedings Must be Terminated

The California Penal Code criminalizes the act of recording another’s confidential communication without their consent. Cal. Penal Code § 632(a). The Penal Code further provides that except for prosecuting an individual for committing the crime of illegally recording another, “no evidence obtained as a result of . . . recording a confidential communication in violation of this section shall be admissible in any judicial, administrative, legislative, or other proceeding.” Cal. Penal Code § 632(d) (emphasis added).

If only there was a mehican lawn mower man around these parts with a JD to interpret ...

Comments

• TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,825
    Hypothetically, let's say that those recordings get thrown out.

Sterling then went on with Anderson Cooper and stuck his foot in his mouth yet again. Are they going to get that one thrown out?

At what point does he realize that if he retains that team that he's going to have players that don't play for him.
  • whatshouldicareaboutwhatshouldicareabout Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,718 Swaye's Wigwam
    Who cares if the players don't play for him, it's the sponsors that are going to hurt them the most.

Even if they can't use those conversations in a court of law, there's no way he's getting out of this.
  • RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member Posts: 30,123
    Tequilla said:

Sterling then went on with Anderson Cooper and stuck his foot in his mouth yet again. Are they going to get that one thrown out?

At what point does he realize that if he retains that team that he's going to have players that don't play for him.

Maybe you, the IMA legend, can get a tryout for the Clippers.

• topdawgnctopdawgnc Member Posts: 7,838
    This whole thing has been an exercise in faux outrage of the day.
  • CuntWaffleCuntWaffle Member Posts: 22,499
    He just needs to leave for his own good at this point.

Tequilla said:

Maybe you, the IMA legend, can get a tryout for the Clippers.

I'm definitely an IMA legend (outraged that my shirt isn't hanging from the rafters) ... but even I know that I would have no business playing on that court.

When you're 6 foot, white, with a 18-24 inch vertical, you have a definitive ceiling on the court. Mine was not embarrassing myself playing against college and overseas professionals playing at 70-80% of their abilities.
  • topdawgnctopdawgnc Member Posts: 7,838

How is it in his own good?

The NBA chose to ignore this snake for the better part of 30 years ... then picked a fight over private comments.

I hope he embarrasses the Wholly Hell out of these fuckers.
    topdawgnc said:

How is it in his own good?

The NBA chose to ignore this snake for the better part of 30 years ... then picked a fight over private comments.

I hope he embarrasses the Wholly Hell out of these fuckers.
    He will make this as messy as possible - and you will get your wish on that.

But he's going to cost himself hundreds of millions of dollars out of this as well as his fellow owners probably somewhere in the billions collectively.

Discretion is sometimes the better part of valor.