Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

NFL this year

CuntWaffleCuntWaffle Member Posts: 22,493
First Anniversary 5 Fuck Offs 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
Probably more wide open than it has ever been. There are probably 10-12 teams who could legit win the Super Bowl.

Comments

• dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    edited October 2020
    Disagree.

Chiefs
    Ravens
    Titans
    Steelers
    Seahawks
    Packers
    Bucs
    Patriots (just because I never write off Bellichick)

That's the list.

TSIO for everybody else.
    If the Bears pick up a real QB at the deadline you could maybe add them to the list.
  • CuntWaffleCuntWaffle Member Posts: 22,493
    First Anniversary 5 Fuck Offs 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Saints and 49ers should be taken seriously too.

Can't win a SB without a QB

dnc said:

Can't win a SB without a QB
    Trent Dilfer disagrees
    The rules aren't close to the same as they were 20 years ago.

You gotta be able to score in the modern NFL. LA and SF have been close with the perfect mix of offensive genius to mask QB deficiencies but they're not getting close now the the NFL isn't calling offensive holding.

It's just too much of an advantage for elite QB's.
  • BleachedAnusDawgBleachedAnusDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,379
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    There are maybe 6-7 good teams. The rest are total crap. I would take the Pats off of DNC's list, otherwise agree.
  • haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 20,348
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Chiefs repeat except they don't need to come back because they're plungering Green Bay.

Rogers forces a trade to San Francisco after the season.

There are maybe 6-7 good teams. The rest are total crap. I would take the Pats off of DNC's list, otherwise agree.

You're almost assuredly correct. I'm a well documented Cam Newton doubter, I just never count Bellichick out.
  • RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 100,681
    Swaye's Wigwam
    I like to give Russ shit so @dnc will bully me but I really do think it is a shame he doesn't have two rings already. I look at Aaron Rodgers the best ever allegedly with his one ring and I just roll my eyes. Yes the Packers fucked him with McCarthy and no defense but the Hawks have done something similar to Russ. Like we have Russ and sell out the stadium and win 10 every year so fuck off

Brady got three rings early and then 10 years later got three rings late. Would love to see the Hawks get a couple more. When Russ is gone they are really going to suck again

Founders Club

I like to give Russ shit so @dnc will bully me but I really do think it is a shame he doesn't have two rings already. I look at Aaron Rodgers the best ever allegedly with his one ring and I just roll my eyes. Yes the Packers fucked him with McCarthy and no defense but the Hawks have done something similar to Russ. Like we have Russ and sell out the stadium and win 10 every year so fuck off

Brady got three rings early and then 10 years later got three rings late. Would love to see the Hawks get a couple more. When Russ is gone they are really going to suck again

With Paul Allen gone I'm curious to see the long-term for the franchise. Wilson carries them for at least another 5-6 years at a high level, probably. Carroll can't hang on that long. Schneider, not really sure what his endgame is. He has many years left.

With Paul Allen gone I'm curious to see the long-term for the franchise. Wilson carries them for at least another 5-6 years at a high level, probably. Carroll can't hang on that long. Schneider, not really sure what his endgame is. He has many years left.
    I wouldn’t be shocked if Carroll goes another 5. Ownership stability is a real question though.
    Founders Club
    dnc said:

I wouldn’t be shocked if Carroll goes another 5. Ownership stability is a real question though.
    Yeah I can't figure out if Carroll would be a guy who wants to go out on top, or if he just loves the grind too much to walk away without being forced to. As long as Wilson is around there's always a chance Pete stays. The main thing that makes me think he steps away sooner than later is his contract situation seems kinda weird. I expected he would've signed a longer-term deal. If Wilson leaves he probably wants to be able to get out as quickly as possible after, though, so he can coach a winner somewhere else versus rebuilding in Seattle when he's 70-something years old.

dnc said:

Yeah I can't figure out if Carroll would be a guy who wants to go out on top, or if he just loves the grind too much to walk away without being forced to. As long as Wilson is around there's always a chance Pete stays. The main thing that makes me think he steps away sooner than later is his contract situation seems kinda weird. I expected he would've signed a longer-term deal. If Wilson leaves he probably wants to be able to get out as quickly as possible after, though, so he can coach a winner somewhere else versus rebuilding in Seattle when he's 70-something years old.
    Yeah I doubt Carroll would outlast Russ in Seattle.

I can't see the Hawks ever letting Russ go though. I think they'll continue to pay him at the top of the QB salary structure and he'll continue to outplay his contracts. At least for longer than Pete will last.

Russ has potential to win 1 or 2 more. He will never be Brady (obviously) but he has potential to be top 5-10 all time when said and done.
    He's going to be top 5 as long as he wins one more.

• greenbloodgreenblood Member Posts: 14,272
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment Combo Breaker
    dnc said:

If the Bears pick up a real QB at the deadline you could maybe add them to the list.

They haven't had a real QB in over 50 years. What makes you think this year could be different?
  • RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 100,681
    Swaye's Wigwam
    dnc said:

Russ has potential to win 1 or 2 more. He will never be Brady (obviously) but he has potential to be top 5-10 all time when said and done.

Russ too high

2 rings isn't top 5

dnc said:

Russ too high

2 rings isn't top 5
    There's literally only four QBs with more than two SB wins and two of them are Terry Bradshaw and Troy Aikman.

My top 5 atm

Brady
    Montana
    Manning (Peyton)
    Elway
    Rodgers

Love to see your top 5.