Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

BOUGHT NOT BUILT

As for those saying Spoelstra isn't a great coach. How about the fact they WON two games in a row and he decides to shake up the starting lineup anyways. How many coaches do that? I can think of only two Spol and Pop.

There is a reason why Miami gets production from their bench because Spol always has that next man up attitude. Lewis has DNP-Coaches Decision in game two and now he's starting in game four.

While Vogel treats the regular season like it's a championship and doesn't bother to develop his bench. I guarantee if Scola were on Miami he'd be productive.

Comments

• Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited May 2014
    Lewis didn't score. What production? He only started so Haslem could take Birdman's rotation minutes of the bench. If it wasn't for Birdman being out, there wouldn't be any changes. Spoelstra is a good coach, but this is pressing for a reason why. He's good because he's made 3 NBA finals and won 2.

Miami's role players have been playing pretty well, but the Heat win because Lebron is Lebron, and either Wade or Bosh have scored 20+ in every game. No role player did anything fancy or had a big game today.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,453
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment blah
    Lewis didn't do much but he's surprisingly playing good defense. Also this was the first game Miami didn't have to come from behind.

Obviously Spoelstra is a great coach cause of rings. However, his critics in here chalk that to he has great talent.

I think how he uses his rotation based on match ups is great. How like Pop he thinks big picture during regular season.

Plus he doesn't get enough credit for his in game coaching. He's really good at making adjustments on the fly.

Does having Lebron help? Fuck yea it does but Mike Brown, Doug Collins and Scott Brooks have proved just having a legend isn't enough to win a title.

PS I was also baiting Tequilla with this post.
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Spoelstra's legit. He's probably my second best coach in the league at this point.
  • Options
    dnc said:

Spoelstra's legit. He's probably my second best coach in the league at this point.

I think Pop is obviously #1. I mean I can't think of a coach-star player combo that has been this relevant for this long than Pop-Duncan. They went from a grind it out boring ass team that dreaded to watch to probably one of the most exciting teams in the NBA.

I know Lewis scored 0 points again but they were a +14 when he was on the court and again a minus 4 when Haslem is on the court. Against the Spurs to go small I wouldn't be surprised if at some point if not game one Spoelstra start Lewis like he did last year with Mike Miller.

I think Pop will have a very short leash with Splitter. That's why I love it when those two teams play as both coaches don't give a fuck about blowing up their rotation several times in a playoff series to make the necessary adjustment.
  • Options
    http://grantland.com/features/thoughts-from-miami-indiana-conference-finals/

Nice article by Zach Lowe for those who have the time to read. He talks about the evolution of this match up over the years. Even talks about Rashard Lewis impact despite scoring 0 points last two games the Heat are a plus 35 when he's on the floor.

Like he points out unlike Haslem or even Birdman, Lewis is a threat from downtown and a name. So the Pacers stick a guy on him opening up Bosh and the lane for Lebron/Wade.

Vogel would be better off making Lewis make a couple and ignore him. Make him prove it he still has game.
  • Options
    TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary
    Wake me when the Heat play against actual NBA opposition.
  • Options

Well there was some in here who claim to be NBA experts like APAG who felt Indiana was an NBA team.
  • Options
    Fire_Marshall_BillFire_Marshall_Bill Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 22,897
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club

Well there was some in here who claim to be NBA experts like APAG who felt Indiana was an NBA team.
    Indiana is shit and APAG is a windbag who likes to hear himself talk. Simple fact. Case closed. End of discussion.
  • Options
    APAG silence during this series really speaks volumes.