Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Ramblings of a 93 year old TUFF logging camp liberal row boater

YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 33,796
First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
Swaye's Wigwam
edited October 2020 in Yellow Snow's Record Shoppe
Those that have read The Boys In The Boat will appreciate this. Letter that Joe Rantz wrote to the 2007 National Championship crew about 2 months before passing away at 93.

Comments

• RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 100,699
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Good stuff. As a youth with no pro sports and the Huskies the only show in town, crew got a lot of free pub. Those trips to Henley were a big deal
    Swaye's Wigwam

Good stuff. As a youth with no pro sports and the Huskies the only show in town, crew got a lot of free pub. Those trips to Henley were a big deal

We? also won with the QB (of the boat) having been near death- i.e., severe respiratory infection resulting in weight loss and high fever. Back then, the mighty men were willing to stare down death to beat Hitler.
    He had Covid?
  • YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 33,796
    Swaye's Wigwam

We? also won with the QB (of the boat) having been near death- i.e., severe respiratory infection resulting in weight loss and high fever. Back then, the mighty men were willing to stare down death to beat Hitler.
    He had Covid?
    Don Hume, the stroke seat had some real bad crud. Like way worse than Covid for college athletes bad.
    Swaye's Wigwam
    My dad's country club buddy
    Swaye's Wigwam

My dad's country club buddy

Yep. He was born in Olympia. Hell of a nice guy. He came and watched us at Henley one year. Looked the part of a tuff logging camp country club guy.
  • Doog_de_JourDoog_de_Jour Member Posts: 7,955
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter

My dad was at UW in 36. Huskies lost to Pitt in the Rose Bowl under Jim Phelan

I went to school with a Hume kid

6 degrees of separation

Between Uncle Ky Ebright and going to school with Hume kids, Race could be the official historian of old timey Husky Crew.

Shelby Foote....rrraaaawwwwwrrrrrr!
    Swaye's Wigwam

6 degrees of separation

Between Uncle Ky Ebright and going to school with Hume kids, Race could be the official historian of old timey Husky Crew.

Thank god Shelby died before he could be canceled.
    Standard Supporter

6 degrees of separation

True dat. I normally don’t watch SNL, but did this week as Bill Burr hosted. He complained about Cancel Culture in his monologue. I recommend checking it out.

https://youtu.be/O1xgXJ5_Q34
    Standard Supporter

6 degrees of separation

True dat. I normally don’t watch SNL, but did this week as Bill Burr hosted. He complained about Cancel Culture in his monologue. I recommend checking it out.

https://youtu.be/O1xgXJ5_Q34
    God damn he's fucking funny.
    He’s one of my favs.
  • huskyhooliganhuskyhooligan Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 5,041
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam

Those that have read The Boys In The Boat will appreciate this. Letter that Joe Rantz wrote to the 2007 National Championship crew about 2 months before passing away at 93.

#myTeds
  • creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,697
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Photogenic

He had Covid?
    Don Hume, the stroke seat had some real bad crud. Like way worse than Covid for college athletes bad.
    Hume of the O Town Humes?
    Swaye's Wigwam

He had Covid?
    You know how I know you didn't read the thread?
  • creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,697
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Photogenic

He had Covid?
    You know how I know you didn't read the thread?
    I read it. And know the story about Don Hume.