Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

HH Favorite Rock Album Elite 8 (1972 - 79) - #3 Dark Side vs #4 Highway To Hell

YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 33,792
First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
Swaye's Wigwam

HH Favorite Rock Album Elite 8 (1972 - 79) - #3 Dark Side vs #4 Highway To Hell 29 votes

3) Pink Floyd – Dark Side Of The Moon
58%
RaceBannonSwayeRoadDawg55Mad_SonYouKnowItdncalumni94chuckbiak1pawzGrundleStiltzkinseatownfunkspudenLebamDawgLaocoönRDRFishpo31 17 votes
4) AC DC – Highway To Hell
41%
whlinderAtomicDawgdfleaBad_MotherDuckerhuskyhooliganIPukeOregonGrellowWilliams3YellowSnowBleachedAnusDawgLesGrossmanBeerThirtyJoeEDangerously 12 votes

Comments

• YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 33,792
    Swaye's Wigwam
    So @dnc came close to running the table on predicting how these albums would do. 3 of the 4 bracket championships are 1 vs 2 seeds. The only miss - i.e., #3 vs #4 - in the 1970's is on me. I let me confirmation bias in with Exile and Rumors as the 1 and 2 seeds.
  • dfleadflea Member Posts: 7,220
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Frankly, this is a travesty.

Yeah, I know about how long Dark Side was on the charts, blah, blah, and its supposed significance in music, but I think if you go listen to both of these albums back to back, you're going to think Dark Side is riding on reputation and not how much it rocks. Highway to Hell just rocks. Really fucking well.

Swaye's Wigwam
    dflea said:

Yeah, I know about how long Dark Side was on the charts, blah, blah, and its supposed significance in music, but I think if you go listen to both of these albums back to back, you're going to think Dark Side is riding on reputation and not how much it rocks. Highway to Hell just rocks. Really fucking well.

Don’t get greedy @dflea . You get one team in the Final 4
  • Mad_SonMad_Son Member Posts: 10,071
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    dflea said:

Strong disagree. Dark side is the only album in this tournament I ever listen to beginning to end anymore.
  • SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,043
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
    edited October 2020
    Dark Side is some legendary shit.

Doesn't matter. Back in Black is a goddamn sledgehammer of musical justice.
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Floyd wins 16-10.