Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Kiss the 17 Rings Dawg thread

13»

Comments

• Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    haie said:

Btw, what had Anthony Davis won before this year? He’s really good and in his prime, but had he even won a round in the playoffs before this year? I’m not going to look it up, but I don’t remember him doing so.

This is the first time LeBron has had a legitimate top 5 teammate. Wade was good, but he wasn’t an ideal mix with LeBron and he was fading after their first year or two together.

He swept Portland in the first round as the 6th seed.

Was there for the 2 games in the rose garden. For as much as the blazers are trashed here, that Pelicans team was shit and had no business doing what they did. It was mostly AD with a little help from Holiday and Rondo.

He was a top 3 player before this season and Lebron was correct to get that trade done and create a mismatch for which the league has no counter.

But again, he always has to sacrifice a shit ton of depth on every one of his teams.
    He’s still not top 3. LeBron, Curry, Giannis, Durant, etc. Hes one of the best but Giannis,Durant, Leonard are all bettter. Harden, George, Westbrook, Embiid, Doncic. Davis is good, but we can’t overrate him for being one game away.
  • Options
    haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 20,459
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam

haie said:

Btw, what had Anthony Davis won before this year? He’s really good and in his prime, but had he even won a round in the playoffs before this year? I’m not going to look it up, but I don’t remember him doing so.

This is the first time LeBron has had a legitimate top 5 teammate. Wade was good, but he wasn’t an ideal mix with LeBron and he was fading after their first year or two together.

Was there for the 2 games in the rose garden. For as much as the blazers are trashed here, that Pelicans team was shit and had no business doing what they did. It was mostly AD with a little help from Holiday and Rondo.

He was a top 3 player before this season and Lebron was correct to get that trade done and create a mismatch for which the league has no counter.

But again, he always has to sacrifice a shit ton of depth on every one of his teams.
    He’s still not top 3. LeBron, Curry, Giannis, Durant, etc. Hes one of the best but Giannis,Durant, Leonard are all bettter. Harden, George, Westbrook, Embiid, Doncic. Davis is good, but we can’t overrate him for being one game away.
    I would build around him over giannis and leonard. I would maybe consider durant and doncic. Durant might not give a fuck anymore anyways. Those other guys you listed are headcases and disappear against playoff defenses.
  • Options
    BleachedAnusDawgBleachedAnusDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,483
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    Westbrook is modem day Marbury. Brick layer with no conscience. Paul George LOL. FTG. Harden and Embiid are both head cases when it matters.
  • Options
    FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes
    edited October 2020

Westbrook is modem day Marbury. Brick layer with no conscience. Paul George LOL. FTG. Harden and Embiid are both head cases when it matters.

Lol no, did Westbrook have mental breakdown online and eat petroleum jelly
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    haie said:

haie said:

I would build around him over giannis and leonard. I would maybe consider durant and doncic. Durant might not give a fuck anymore anyways. Those other guys you listed are headcases and disappear against playoff defenses.
    Kawhi has more rings than AD does.
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited October 2020
    LeBron, Giannis, Kawhi are the top 3. Davis, Doncic, and probably Curry and Harden after that. Davis a fringe top 5 guy, top 10 for sure. These lists are hard because it depends who else a team has.