Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Huskies return to Montlake for (belated) fall camp wielding ‘eighth-grade mentality’

Comments

• DoogWhispererDoogWhisperer Member Posts: 1,017
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment

Tequilla said:

And fuck you Ryan Bowman

Yeah, fuck you, walk-on who's been unexpectedly really good his whole career...
    Really good?
  • 1to392831weretaken1to392831weretaken Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 7,280
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    TL;DR version: This roster has Sa'Vell Smalls, Night and Day Difference Laitu Latu, ZTF, and a few promising youngsters. Who's surprised or upset if Bowman starts at one of the OLB spots? He's good.
  • dirtysouwfdawgdirtysouwfdawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 11,704
    5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes First Anniversary
    Swaye's Wigwam

TL;DR version: This roster has Sa'Vell Smalls, Night and Day Difference Laitu Latu, ZTF, and a few promising youngsters. Who's surprised or upset if Bowman starts at one of the OLB spots? He's good.

Good or the best we have so therefore “good”?

I want to see Latu overtake him but what do I know.
  • GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,480
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    Thread delivered.
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Browning's issue was lacking measureables, and his bad plays were REALLY bad. When not making those once or twice per game really bad plays, he broke just about every passing record there is, took the team to three straight NY6s with what many here called Mountain West talent and in what most here call a FS offensive system. His scrambling was underrated, his accuracy on everything but underthrown deep balls was elite, players on the team liked him and played hard for him by all accounts, and he unquestionably outperformed big-swinging-dick-five-star-Jacob-Eason in the same offensive system.

When asked to do what he was actually capable of doing and when not playing competition that completely outclassed his skwad, he was a very good college quarterback. Conference MVP in '16. Would trade him for the unknown of what's coming in this year in a fucking heartbeat.

Doesn't make his .gif collection any less humiliating and hilarious.
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Swaye said:

You had me until the Browning bit. Now I think you might be functionally retarded.

Also, obligatory whynotboth.gif.

• TheRoarOfTheCrowdTheRoarOfTheCrowd Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 1,550
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    Not me, i'd rather get a colonoscopy than watch a repeat of his big games as QB
  • SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,045
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club

Swaye said:

Tequilla said:

And fuck you Ryan Bowman

Yeah, fuck you, walk-on who's been unexpectedly really good his whole career...
    Really good?
    I think so, yeah. I know most here think you have to be some physical freak, future-NFLer to be good, but this is college ball and that attitude is FS. Bowman's always looked too short/stocky to play the position he plays, so it took a while for me to admit that the dude's just good at football and low key really athletic. He's never been a liability at his position, I can't recall him ever having a "bad game," and he's taken minutes from some awfully good dudes over the course of his career. Seemed typical Petersen OKG BS at first, but it was eventually hard to argue that he hadn't earned it. He's made a lot of really good plays in this system and very few bad ones. Tryon's off to the NFL, possibly in the early rounds, and I'm not sure I can say the same about him.

They may not be huge freaks, have great NFL careers, or deserved to be early round draftees, but--at UW--Bowman has been really good. Nick Harris was really good. BBK was great. Gaskin was fucking amazing. Even Browning is underrated here. TBSing is fine, but that shit should be flushed the second they step foot on campus and judged by actual accomplishments on the field.
    You had me until the Browning bit. Now I think you might be functionally retarded.

He's not entirely wrong.
    So, mostly wrong then?
  • SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,045
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
    Look Browning put it all together as a Sophomore and had an epic season. It was all downhill from there. He lacked arm strength and was the worst QB under pressure in history. I prefer my QBs not to have a noodle arm and back peddle 20 yards from the blitz then fumble.

But yeah, he was okay. Sometims.
  • whatshouldicareaboutwhatshouldicareabout Member Posts: 12,428
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye said:

Swaye said:

Look Browning put it all together as a Sophomore and had an epic season. It was all downhill from there. He lacked arm strength and was the worst QB under pressure in history. I prefer my QBs not to have a noodle arm and back peddle 20 yards from the blitz then fumble.

But yeah, he was okay. Sometims.

I still wonder how bad he hurt his shoulder late in the 2016 season. He never had a cannon for an arm but there was a drop off after 2016 in what he could do on deep ballz.
    I've wondered that myself. I will admit the kid was tough.
    Weren't there reports he didn't participate in training camps as a recruit because he had a "dead arm"? Maybe he always had that issue.
  • GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,480
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    The Beaver is a vicious animal