Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Will Jimmy Lake's First Season be Judged Fairly?

Comments

• Options
    SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,064
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
    guntlove said:

Tequilla said:

I don't like the recruiting results but I can understand why they are what they are ...

There should be zero excuse though when it comes to the players on the field ... if Jimmy is the right coach then this is a very strong team this year. If he isn't the guy, it will be obvious quickly that he's in over his head.

This. Not overly concerned with recruiting because I’m always worried about the next season and the majority of recruits, even the highly rated guys are a year or two from making an impact.

We have a talented team right now and should be good although if we don’t have a decent QB and Donovan hasn’t vastly improved we won’t be very good.
    The problem is, Jimmy's getting three years no matter how bad it gets this year, and it's gonna get bad this year. So we're fucked regardless. By the time we get another coach, all the high end talent from the last three classes will be gone and we'll have three more dogshit classes like the one Jimmy is about to sign. It's fucking depressing.
    This is my fear as well and #whyIleft for #allGeorgiaallthetim
  • Options
    AlexisAlexis Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,999
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam

Jimmy has never lost a game in September

Or October
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,430
    Swaye's Wigwam
    But they only remember the games in November
  • Options
    TommySQCTommySQC Member Posts: 5,813
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes

TommySQC said:

He's black. They are never judged fairly.

HTH

Is that why Ty got an extra season? Fuck off.
    Should've had 2 more to get it turned around.
  • Options
    BlastDoorBlastDoor Member Posts: 711
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
  • Options
    guntloveguntlove Member Posts: 784
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment

guntlove said:

Tequilla said:

I don't like the recruiting results but I can understand why they are what they are ...

There should be zero excuse though when it comes to the players on the field ... if Jimmy is the right coach then this is a very strong team this year. If he isn't the guy, it will be obvious quickly that he's in over his head.

This. Not overly concerned with recruiting because I’m always worried about the next season and the majority of recruits, even the highly rated guys are a year or two from making an impact.

We have a talented team right now and should be good although if we don’t have a decent QB and Donovan hasn’t vastly improved we won’t be very good.
    The problem is, Jimmy's getting three years no matter how bad it gets this year, and it's gonna get bad this year. So we're fucked regardless. By the time we get another coach, all the high end talent from the last three classes will be gone and we'll have three more dogshit classes like the one Jimmy is about to sign. It's fucking depressing.
    Lake will have to be a complete disaster not to win one Pac 12 title the next three years. Too much talent not to. I’ll LIPO before guaranteeing disaster.
    With you, Roadie. It's just that every possible metric for measuring Jimmy's performance so far.... recruiting, roster management, coaching hires, coaches retained... has been fucking dreadful. It's pretty hard to be optimistic. Unless you're BigErn.

An even more depressing scenario than Jimmy tripping over his dick for the next 3 years, would be him doing the bare minimum and eking out one pac-12 title in the next three years. Unfortunately, winning our horse-shit conference once in the next three years, even with all our talent, would probably be enough to get him retained and we'd suffer through another 3-4 years of mediocrity. Either way, it will not be interesting.
  • Options
    UW_Doog_BotUW_Doog_Bot Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 14,259
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Remember last year when we had a high level of talent?
  • Options
    Kingdome_UrinalsKingdome_Urinals Member Posts: 2,608
    First Comment 5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes
    If Jimmy can't win right now he's retarded.
  • Options
    haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 20,511
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    To be fair to what duck fans have accused him of, as a DC their shit OC ran circles around his defense in the 4th quarter last year.

That's great he's accomplished what Arkansas and Kentucky have. Time to see if he's HC material and with the roster he has been given, at a program removed from a rose bowl, fiesta bowl, and CFP, it should be clear after 4 games let alone 7-8.
  • Options

If Jimmy can't win right now he's retarded.

Spoiler alert.
  • Options
    haie said:

To be fair to what duck fans have accused him of, as a DC their shit OC ran circles around his defense in the 4th quarter last year.

That's great he's accomplished what Arkansas and Kentucky have. Time to see if he's HC material and with the roster he has been given, at a program removed from a rose bowl, fiesta bowl, and CFP, it should be clear after 4 games let alone 7-8.

He’s getting 3 years regardless. We’re fucked.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    So its a mute point?
  • Options
    Founders Club
    guntlove said:

guntlove said:

Tequilla said:

Lake will have to be a complete disaster not to win one Pac 12 title the next three years. Too much talent not to. I’ll LIPO before guaranteeing disaster.
    With you, Roadie. It's just that every possible metric for measuring Jimmy's performance so far.... recruiting, roster management, coaching hires, coaches retained... has been fucking dreadful. It's pretty hard to be optimistic. Unless you're BigErn.

An even more depressing scenario than Jimmy tripping over his dick for the next 3 years, would be him doing the bare minimum and eking out one pac-12 title in the next three years. Unfortunately, winning our horse-shit conference once in the next three years, even with all our talent, would probably be enough to get him retained and we'd suffer through another 3-4 years of mediocrity. Either way, it will not be interesting.
    I hope, sort of, like everyone else here, that Jimmy defies all expectations and all the garbage crap he has done since getting hired is just some kind of smokescreen to confuse the other programs and make them think he sucks. But to this point, unless it's an elaborate ruse, he is just awful at nearly everything. Hiring was terrible. Retention was terrible. Social media management is terrible. Recruiting is terrible. I guess maybe S&C and actual on field results are pretty much the only two metrics left to see.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Since everything that was so awesome about the "Closer" Pete Petermen and we got 8 and 5 after 6 years I have great hope that Jimmy is actually the coach that Petermen pretended to be

The same people freaking out freaked out about OKG and racist Pete every fucking year. And every year we get the count of the blue chips going up and the product on the field going down

Just fucking win
  • Options
    LebamDawgLebamDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 8,551
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited October 2020
    I got the Supremes going 8-1 against - Barrett is the for voice as she is the only one who thinks she knows football
  • Options
    CallMeBigErnCallMeBigErn Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,227
    Founders Club
    guntlove said:

guntlove said:

Tequilla said:

• Options
    Founders Club

Swaye said:

guntlove said:

guntlove said:

Tequilla said:

I hope, sort of, like everyone else here, that Jimmy defies all expectations and all the garbage crap he has done since getting hired is just some kind of smokescreen to confuse the other programs and make them think he sucks. But to this point, unless it's an elaborate ruse, he is just awful at nearly everything. Hiring was terrible. Retention was terrible. Social media management is terrible. Recruiting is terrible. I guess maybe S&C and actual on field results are pretty much the only two metrics left to see.
    On field results are the only thing that matters. Just get it done. Donovan was a terrible hire until proven otherwise. We’ll see how that goes. If we win, recruiting improves.
    You and I agree there. My anger is based on the fact the only measurable things I can see for the last year have all sucked ass. If Jimmy runs the table this year, I am all about forgive and forget.