Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Comments

• dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Five star in one out of four ranking systems*
  • greenbloodgreenblood Member Posts: 14,272
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited October 2020
    dnc said:

The Huskies only won the 1991 National Title in the coaches poll*

Same shit logic
  • DJDuckDJDuck Member Posts: 5,970
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes
    dnc said:

I’m sorry you feel so down about your shitty recruiting classes you have to act like a jealous child.

edited October 2020

dnc said:

Same shit logic
    If you can't see I'm just fucking with the bored quook I can't help you.
    DJDuck said:

dnc said:

I’m sorry you feel so down about your shitty recruiting classes you have to act like a jealous child.

QB is literally the one spot I am not jealous of your recruiting class.

I just think it's funny you guys freaked out so bad about Lake saying UW had the top recruiting class in the Pac by selecting one ranking system but you're going to turn around and take one ranking system to say this kid is a 5 star.

Don't get me wrong, I'd do the same exact thing if Thompson were a Husky. But I'm not the one who acted like cherry picking one system makes one a liar.
  • greenbloodgreenblood Member Posts: 14,272
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment Combo Breaker
    dnc said:

dnc said:

Same shit logic
    If you can't see I'm just fucking with the bored quook I can't help you.
    noted
    edited October 2020
    dnc said:

DJDuck said:

dnc said:

I just think it's funny you guys freaked out so bad about Lake saying UW had the top recruiting class in the Pac by selecting one ranking system but you're going to turn around and take one ranking system to say this kid is a 5 star.

Don't get me wrong, I'd do the same exact thing if Thompson were a Husky. But I'm not the one who acted like cherry picking one system makes one a liar.
    Sorry pal. Thompson is a star whether he is a 4 star or five star. Your childish nitpicking is all you have with your crap ass classes. You look like a fool.

Your recruiting class is ranked 26th and 5th in the PAC 12

You completely missed the main point of the article that he accepted an invitation to the All-American Bowl to quibble about stars to denigrate the kid like a little kid would do.

If you like Thompson as a 4 star great. I don’t give a shit. It was the article that crowned him a 5 star. I’m more than happy with our recruiting class and our 4 star Quarterback.

DJDuck said:

dnc said:

DJDuck said:

dnc said:

Sorry pal. Thompson is a star whether he is a 4 star or five star. Your childish nitpicking is all you have with your crap ass classes. You look like a fool.

ahem
    edited October 2020
    edited October 2020
    edited October 2020
    The reality that the Huskies haven’t faced and it shows this year is that other programs have improved their recruiting strategies. Oregon is still on top but Washington is no longer our main competitor.

Donte Williams, a great recruiter, was hired away from Oregon by USC. The results in Trojan recruiting are telling.

Prentice Gill another great Oregon recruiter was hired by ASU and they are looking better and better.

If you stand pat and put your hopes in Lake you are just going further down the rabbit hole.

Worrying about whether a recruit is a 3, 4, or 5 star will seem even more ludicrous and silly than it does now.
  • NorthwestFreshNorthwestFresh Member Posts: 7,972
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment Combo Breaker
    Speaking of recruiting, let’s never forget Helfrich’s recruiting “strategy” of making PSAs beg for an offer and actively chasing away top talent like Tua because he just wasn’t quite right.
  • haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 20,348
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited October 2020
    DJDuck said:

The reality that the Huskies haven’t faced and it shows this year is that other programs have improved their recruiting strategies. Oregon is still on top but Washington is no longer our main competitor.

Donte Williams, a great recruiter, was hired away from Oregon by USC. The results in Trojan recruiting are telling.

Prentice Gill another great Oregon recruiter was hired by ASU and they are looking better and better.

If you stand pat and put your hopes in Lake you are just going further down the rabbit hole.

Worrying about whether a recruit is a 3, 4, or 5 star will seem even more ludicrous and silly than it does now.

LOL.

So if we don't compete in all the same regions for all the same players as Oregon, it means Washington has just fallen that far behind?

This isn't flyover country. We have recruits in our own state. We have connections in states Oregon doesn't focus on. Oregon focuses on regions and schools UW does not.

Christ you are an idiot 12 dumb fuck. You're a cheerleader and nothing more.

The laughable part is that when we were restoring the program, we mixed in a few guys like Budda and Rapp that were considering Oregon and were great prospects, but Gaines and Pettis and a lot of our core were guys you'd now say you don't have room for on your roster.

So you're just an idiot NFL IQ fan.
    edited October 2020
    haie said:

DJDuck said:

LOL.

So if we don't compete in all the same regions for all the same players as Oregon, it means Washington has just fallen that far behind?

This isn't flyover country. We have recruits in our own state. We have connections in states Oregon doesn't focus on. Oregon focuses on regions and schools UW does not.

The laughable part is that when we were restoring the program, we mixed in a few guys like Budda and Rapp that were considering Oregon and were great prospects, but Gaines and Pettis and a lot of our core were guys you'd now say you don't have room for on your roster.

Are you really this stupid. You have no idea what you are talking about moron. Regions doesn’t have a damned thing to do with it. Is English your 1st language.

Trying to make a big deal about stars, which you brought up is asinine and stupid.

What I said was there are things you should be more concerned about than trying to denigrate an Oregon recruit:

1) Washington is falling behind in recruiting
    2)They are no longer Oregon’s main recruiting competitor
    3) USC & ASU have hired great Oregon coaches and recruiters and that has placed you in th middle of the pack
    4) It appears Lake can not only not compete with Oregon in Recruiting but also ASU, USC.and California.

You sound like a little Whitney little jealous bitch. 😂😂

• haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 20,348
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    DJDuck said:

haie said:

DJDuck said:

LOL.

Are you really this stupid. You have no idea what you are talking about moron. Regions doesn’t have a damned thing to do with it. Is English your 1st language.

Trying to make a big deal about stars, which you brought up is asinine and stupid.

What I said was there are things you should be more concerned about than trying to denigrate an Oregon recruit:

1) Washington is falling behind in recruiting
    2)They are no longer Oregon’s main recruiting competitor
    3) USC & ASU have hired great Oregon coaches and recruiters and that has placed you in th middle of the pack
    4) It appears Lake can not only not compete with Oregon in Recruiting but also ASU, USC.and California.

You sound like a little Whitney little jealous bitch. 😂😂

They were never competitors with Oregon because of the reasons I outlined above.

SC is great now because they poached your assistants? Oh okay. Go fuck yourself.
  • IPukeOregonGrellowIPukeOregonGrellow Member Posts: 2,183
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment

The Huge Mellon Crystalball hate is going to be lit when Cale runs third behind Thompson and Butterfield in the next QB competition and hits the transfer portal.
  • GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,480
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    There goes @dnc , bullying a member of a vulnerable population. Sad.
  • FecalFeastFecalFeast Member Posts: 497
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    @DJDuck You are a disgrace to the entire UO community. We are a great university with students and alumni who are better than this. Grow up and open your mind.

The Huge Mellon Crystalball hate is going to be lit when Cale runs third behind Thompson and Butterfield in the next QB competition and hits the transfer portal.
    Ball went about 47 yards past the LOS, probably 60 yards or so in the air.

On target too.

Very impressive.