Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Comments

• Options
    HuskyJWHuskyJW Guest, Member Posts: 14,183
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    edited October 2020
    Watch. With SEC killing itself in the foot....This will be the year where we run the table make the playoffs and make some noise.

“Yeah....but it was 2020 and COVID so you have to put an asterisk next to it.”
  • Options
    TommySQCTommySQC Member Posts: 5,813
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    He's black. They are never judged fairly.

HTH
  • Options
    creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,749
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Photogenic
    About as fairly as he should be.
  • Options
    doogiedoogie Member Posts: 15,072
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Well, he isn’t a new coach. Same program Same players that committed to him. Same culture.

There isn’t a single reason for Lake to face plant but I have faith
  • Options
    DooglesDoogles Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,475
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    doogie said:

Well, he isn’t a new coach. Same program Same players that committed to him. Same culture.

There isn’t a single reason for Lake to face plant but I have faith

Exactly, gets the keys with a fully stocked cupboard. This should be more of a Larry Coker year than taking over for Sark.
  • Options
    KidsInCagesDawgKidsInCagesDawg Member Posts: 332
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Jimmy Lake needs more time to get his guys in there
  • Options
    AOGAOG Member Posts: 1,479
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes
    edited October 2020
    The premise is faulty since nothing is judged fairly anywhere anytime by anyone... strip bias out of the human brain and nothing remains. He has no head coaching experience that I can see. I predict Mr T level loss pain. He could be another promote-the-assistant mediocrity.... but if he wins all is forgiven.
  • Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,815
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs
    I don't like the recruiting results but I can understand why they are what they are ...

There should be zero excuse though when it comes to the players on the field ... if Jimmy is the right coach then this is a very strong team this year. If he isn't the guy, it will be obvious quickly that he's in over his head.
  • Options
    Pitchfork51Pitchfork51 Member Posts: 26,601
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    First you have to win the division
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Tequilla said:

I don't like the recruiting results but I can understand why they are what they are ...

There should be zero excuse though when it comes to the players on the field ... if Jimmy is the right coach then this is a very strong team this year. If he isn't the guy, it will be obvious quickly that he's in over his head.

This. Not overly concerned with recruiting because I’m always worried about the next season and the majority of recruits, even the highly rated guys are a year or two from making an impact.

We have a talented team right now and should be good although if we don’t have a decent QB and Donovan hasn’t vastly improved we won’t be very good.
  • Options
    FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes
    edited October 2020

Depends on the judge

Jimmy's bosses and the media will be fair. Others not so much

As Don James once said - its easy to be popular with the fans. Just never lose a game

wasn't he actually scheduled not to lose a game this year? until pac-12 got its head out of BIG10's ass and realized what a fucking financial disaster it would be not to play
  • Options
    CarlosDangerCarlosDanger Member Posts: 189
    First Anniversary Name Dropper 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    The only certainty is Doogs will be tripping over themselves to make excuses for every shortcoming.
  • Options
    guntloveguntlove Member Posts: 784
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment

Tequilla said:

This. Not overly concerned with recruiting because I’m always worried about the next season and the majority of recruits, even the highly rated guys are a year or two from making an impact.

We have a talented team right now and should be good although if we don’t have a decent QB and Donovan hasn’t vastly improved we won’t be very good.
    The problem is, Jimmy's getting three years no matter how bad it gets this year, and it's gonna get bad this year. So we're fucked regardless. By the time we get another coach, all the high end talent from the last three classes will be gone and we'll have three more dogshit classes like the one Jimmy is about to sign. It's fucking depressing.
  • Options
    BleachedAnusDawgBleachedAnusDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,527
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    TommySQC said:

He's black. They are never judged fairly.

HTH

Is that why Ty got an extra season? Fuck off.
  • Options
    rodmansragerodmansrage Member Posts: 6,022
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes
    i will judge jimmy lake on wins and losses, take all the screenshots you need.

Thanks.