Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

HH Favorite Rock Album Sweet 16 (1980- 90) - #1 Appetite for Destruction vs #5 1984

YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 33,796
First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
Swaye's Wigwam

HH Favorite Rock Album Sweet 16 (1980- 90) - #1 Appetite for Destruction vs #5 1984 27 votes

1) Guns N’ Roses – Appetite for Destruction
74%
Fire_Marshall_BillSwayewhlinderMad_SonAtomicDawgdncalumni94dfleaTequillaBad_MotherDuckerpawzGrundleStiltzkinhuskyhooliganWilliams3LaocoönYellowSnowLesGrossmanBeerThirtyNoWarningJustDawgFishpo31 20 votes
5) Van Halen – 1984
25%
DerekJohnsonRaceBannonRoadDawg55biak1El_KBleachedAnusDawgJoeEDangerously 7 votes

Comments

• chuckchuck Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,587
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
  • YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 33,796
    Swaye's Wigwam
    I could go either way, but the college nostalgia factor for Appetite is just much skronger for me.
  • BleachedAnusDawgBleachedAnusDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,397
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    5) Van Halen – 1984
    This is like comparing some shit my 2 year old painted against a Rembrandt. For the life of me I can't understand how GnR got a 1-seed. Maybe my problem is that I still have all of my teeth.
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited October 2020

This is like comparing some shit my 2 year old painted against a Rembrandt. For the life of me I can't understand how GnR got a 1-seed. Maybe my problem is that I still have all of my teeth.

Well, if the finals for the 80's end up being #1 Appetite vs #2 Back in Black then it would appear the seedings were pretty accurate. The committee tries to seed based on how we see the level of popular support here. We've got a lotta no teeth camaro bros here. I also think many here - myself included - don't judge Appetite based on how G n' R played out afterwards.
  • TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,800
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs
    GnR will always have some nostalgia for me based on a road trip with some grad school buddies ...

That being said, "Welcome to the Jungle," "Paradise City," and "Sweet Child o' Mine" are all-timers ... and I don't say that lightly.

"Panama" nothing needs to be said about that ... it's an all-time. "Jump" hits the right cheesy 80s notes. Finding the 3rd entry that compares is hard ... "Hot For Teacher" isn't really it for me.
    Swaye's Wigwam

Speaking of Rembrandt, people forget that Drop Dead Legs is by far the best song of both of these albums rather easily. Can I change my vote?
  • SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,044
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club

Well, if the finals for the 80's end up being #1 Appetite vs #2 Back in Black then it would appear the seedings were pretty accurate. The committee tries to seed based on how we see the level of popular support here. We've got a lotta no teeth camaro bros here. I also think many here - myself included - don't judge Appetite based on how G n' R played out afterwards.
    The 1 and 2 seedings should have been BnB and MoP you tall tard. The dead heat over there shows that. Appetite is a decent record, but straight garbage compared to either of those.
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Swaye said:

The 1 and 2 seedings should have been BnB and MoP you tall tard. The dead heat over there shows that. Appetite is a decent record, but straight garbage compared to either of those.
    Whoa there Tonto. Let’s not get ahead of ourselves and crown Back in Black or Puppets just yet. Appetite has been cruising to date and looks the part of a 1 seed.
  • Fire_Marshall_BillFire_Marshall_Bill Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 22,719
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    1984 is decent. Appetite is awesome

@BleachedAnusDawg I thought you were into all the hair bands like I was
  • BleachedAnusDawgBleachedAnusDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,397
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    5) Van Halen – 1984

1984 is decent. Appetite is awesome

@BleachedAnusDawg I thought you were into all the hair bands like I was

I could never get in to GnR. Not an Axl fan at all. Something about his voice is grating to me.