Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

HH Favorite Rock Album Round 2 (1972- 79) - #5 Van Halen I vs #4 Highway to Hell

YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 33,796
First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
Swaye's Wigwam

HH Favorite Rock Album Round 2 (1972- 79) - #5 Van Halen I vs #4 Highway to Hell 27 votes

5) Van Halen – Van Halen I
40%
AtomicDawgdncTequillahuskyhooliganIPukeOregonGrellowLebamDawgYellowSnowEl_KBleachedAnusDawgJoeEDangerouslyFishpo31 11 votes
4) AC DC – Highway To Hell
59%
RaceBannonSwayewhlinderRoadDawg55Mad_SonYouKnowItGladstonealumni94chuckdfleabiak1Bad_MotherDuckerGrundleStiltzkinLaocoönNoWarningJustDawgGayThoughts 16 votes

Comments

• GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,480
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    I guess I just don't like Van Halen as much as most you guysm. These matchups haven't been a second thought for me.
  • BleachedAnusDawgBleachedAnusDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,397
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    For anyone who wants to go with the crowd, VH1 sold more albums than Highway to Hell.
  • chuckchuck Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,587
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam

I guess I just don't like Van Halen as much as most you guysm. These matchups haven't been a second thought for me.

Same here. I really don't like them at all and ACDC is more if an afterthought for me, so...meh.
  • dfleadflea Member Posts: 7,220
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes

You're one of the few sane people here.

I'm not sure I can just let this go, Yella.
  • RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 100,717
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    I pretty much like a song or two of each Van Halen album - the earlier ones. Never thought they had a GREAT album

I have fond memories of them though because when I was in Hawaii with no power or water the house up the hill in the woods had power and played Van Halen.
  • RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    Swaye's Wigwam
    I thought Eddie would get the death bump. Hopefully he does for 1984. I get sick of Van Halen sometimes, but have been listening to them the last few days and they are great. A lot of these match ups just depend on my current tastes.
  • GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,480
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    chuck said:

Same here. I really don't like them at all and ACDC is more if an afterthought for me, so...meh.
    I don’t dislike Van Halen. They’ve got some great songs. But I don’t think I have a single track in my library. I think it’s the shininess, for lack of a better word, that’s a little off putting for me.

VH I, good album, highway to hell is better.

https://youtu.be/RkFKbd0LraY
  • YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 33,796
    Swaye's Wigwam

chuck said:

I don’t dislike Van Halen. They’ve got some great songs. But I don’t think I have a single track in my library. I think it’s the shininess, for lack of a better word, that’s a little off putting for me.

So what’s a fucking library anyhow?
    Swaye's Wigwam

chuck said:

So what’s a fucking library anyhow?
    I have Jamie's crying in mine

I think that's it
  • dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614

chuck said:

Perfect description.

I have much respect for EVH's guitar skills (duh) and have voted for them thusly, but I've never been a yuge fan of their music.
  • YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 33,796
    Swaye's Wigwam
    dnc said:

chuck said:

Perfect description.

I have much respect for EVH's guitar skills (duh) and have voted for them thusly, but I've never been a yuge fan of their music.
    I think the first 6 VH albums are all classics and good front to back. Very few weak cuts. Sames is true of everything AC DC did from 1974- 80. ATBJBS, I don't take issue with Highway to Hell winning. It's @Crow_T_Robot (FTG) 's favorite album of all time.
  • chuckchuck Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,587
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited October 2020

chuck said:

Hot For Teacher is on mine. Mindless, funny, up tempo, killer riff and drums,, and an awesome chorus. That's kick ass rock and roll.

Thats it for VH for me though.
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Everybody wants some

Panama

The cradle will rock