Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Kiss the 17 Rings Dawg thread

Comments

• GladstoneGladstone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 16,417
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    someone help me understand

so it would have been better if bron and his team of 7 syphilitic make-a-wish kids had lost the 2007 eastern conference championship, so bron's finals record wouldn't take an L? or in 2015 if he had known irving and love wouldn't play vs GSW they should have let the hawks win the ECF because that would somehow help bron's image?

i can't see the 3-6 argument as anything other than bad parody, devoid of any context whatsoever. and since bron smashes nearly every metrics argument except finals W/L % and FT % (lol), people look at his finals record as the singular data point for his legacy. pretty fallacious imo.

helps trump imo
  • haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 20,350
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Jordan was an all time great on a dynasty.

Lebron has played on nothing but good (for the East) teams with a supporting all star or two, and trash, TRASH depth.

San Antonio was better than his teams both times, Golden State sure as hell was every time, even OKC was more talented with their best players just coming into their prime.

He gets a ton of shit to this day for his one failure against Dallas, and almost no praise for beating those San Antonio, Golden State, and OKC teams.

Why again didn't Jordan leave Chicago? Oh yeah he was on a fucking dynasty that took off long before he needed to consider it.
  • PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 41,656
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    That’s some crazy Vernon Adams maff. 3-6 > 6-0

• RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Btw, what had Anthony Davis won before this year? He’s really good and in his prime, but had he even won a round in the playoffs before this year? I’m not going to look it up, but I don’t remember him doing so.

This is the first time LeBron has had a legitimate top 5 teammate. Wade was good, but he wasn’t an ideal mix with LeBron and he was fading after their first year or two together.
  • DooglesDoogles Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,460
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited October 2020

Doogles said:

Gladstone said:

Ah yes, thanks for the reminder about beating an injured team. Google Trends has NBA Finals injuries at a 50% higher clip this year (compared to 2015, and 65% more than 2019) for news/media articles. Wonder why? Especially with ratings down? Hmm.

Remember kids, the 2015 finals won't be remembered for this:

Or the 2007 finals when he dragged a sack of blueberry scones and YMCA players to the NBA Finals. The narrative is 'LoL He iS 3-6 In ThE FiNalS' when doing what he did in years like that should be points of praise, not slander. It's mind-boggingly stupid.

Hmmm. What else am I forgetting

Ah yes the angry political growling and sky screeching angle. Bron's China comments were enormously disappointing (I lived in Hong Kong for years and consider it formerly one of the world's finest cities, Bron's comments were ignorant at best and frightfully damaging at worst), but I'm not going to hold his mostly stupid political takes against him when purely judging his basketball legacy.

@Doogles come home bud

It’s not a narrative.

LeBron is literally 3-6 in Finals.
    This is like when niner fans say Montana is greater than Brady because he's 4-0 in the Superbowl while ignoring the years he never made it there.

Jordan is 6-0 in the finals only because he wasn't good enough to get past the Pistons or Orlando magic.
    So....in others words, LeBron lost 6 finals. And Jordan didn’t lose any.

Got it.

Jordan lost 9 Finals, the years he couldn't even make it.

I hate Lebron's wannabe important like Muhammad Ali while sucking off China schtick, but if he goes back to back in LA he'll be making the Jordan GOAT talk barely a whisper.

Three franchises, both conferences, across different eras, including scalping the greatest team of all-time from a 3-1 deficit.

Dallas is the only blemish, but he's doing his best to erase it. Curious to see when his body gives out.
  • BleachedAnusDawgBleachedAnusDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,388
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    Whole lotta retards on this board. Making Puppy's SEC rants look like fact-based science in comparison.
    Founders Club

Whole lotta retards on this board. Making Puppy's SEC rants look like fact-based science in comparison.

Founders Club
    Doogles said:

Doogles said:

Gladstone said:

Ah yes, thanks for the reminder about beating an injured team. Google Trends has NBA Finals injuries at a 50% higher clip this year (compared to 2015, and 65% more than 2019) for news/media articles. Wonder why? Especially with ratings down? Hmm.

Or the 2007 finals when he dragged a sack of blueberry scones and YMCA players to the NBA Finals. The narrative is 'LoL He iS 3-6 In ThE FiNalS' when doing what he did in years like that should be points of praise, not slander. It's mind-boggingly stupid.

Ah yes the angry political growling and sky screeching angle. Bron's China comments were enormously disappointing (I lived in Hong Kong for years and consider it formerly one of the world's finest cities, Bron's comments were ignorant at best and frightfully damaging at worst), but I'm not going to hold his mostly stupid political takes against him when purely judging his basketball legacy.

@Doogles come home bud

It’s not a narrative.

This is like when niner fans say Montana is greater than Brady because he's 4-0 in the Superbowl while ignoring the years he never made it there.

Jordan is 6-0 in the finals only because he wasn't good enough to get past the Pistons or Orlando magic.

Got it.

I hate Lebron's wannabe important like Muhammad Ali while sucking off China schtick, but if he goes back to back in LA he'll be making the Jordan GOAT talk barely a whisper.

Three franchises, both conferences, across different eras, including scalping the greatest team of all-time from a 3-1 deficit.

Dallas is the only blemish, but he's doing his best to erase it. Curious to see when his body gives out.
    JFC. You mean during the softest era of all time? After getting saved thanks to the Draymond suspension? That GS team gets rolled by the Jordan Bulls in 5 games. Pippen and Jordan shut down Curry and Thompson rather easily. Draymond is a poor man's Rodman.

LBJ walked to a super team because he couldn't win without two HOF talents and still lost to Dirk and 4 midgets. Congrats on being second place so many times when the Eastern Conference was absolute trash for a decade running.

Jordan retired in his prime years or it would have been 8 straight. His first full season back and he runs off 3 more titles in a row. He also played during a much more competitive era when you could play physical defense and averaged 35 a game.
    Founders Club
    So many member berry MJ doogisms in one post, it's like an ML algorithm wrote it lol

- Old man post about softest era of all time is now
    - Draymond suspension saved Bron lmaooo (so much that in game 6 when Draymond returned James put up pedestrian numbers of 41 pts - 11 boards - 8 assists - 4 steals - 3 blocks - 0 TOs).
    - Bulls would have rolled GSW in 5 roflllllll
    - LBJ joined the 8th-seeded Miami Heat superteam! An 8th seed in the east. The east that you admonish as 'absolute trash', are you starting to feel your argument collapse all around you?
    - "Couldn't win without two HOF talents"
    - "Jordan would have won 8 straight!!! "So Jordan gets praised for quitting, not slighted. Amazing. And we don't deal in hypotheticals.
    - "Much more competitive era when you could play physical defense"

With advanced metrics slaughtering every argument, we turn to angsty boomer supposition. I would respect you a lot more if you just admitted you hate him for his stupid political takes, you are nostalgic for the 90s and MJ (who isn't?), and because he choked in 2011, nearly ten years ago. Trying to unironically argue what you're trying to argue is pretty cringe. Then stomping your feet on the ground and crying out to the heavens about how Bron defenders are similar to Puppy's SEC rant....again this is parody.

• RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 100,699
    Swaye's Wigwam
    I'm not sure MJ thinks it would have been 8 straight after watching his doc

He needed to go

And he was BACK for the second year when they lost to the Magic so he didn't even win 6 straight. He won three straight twice. Not exactly against the murderer's row either

They are both GREAT.
    Founders Club
    Gladstone said:

So many member berry MJ doogisms in one post, it's like an ML algorithm wrote it lol

- Old man post about softest era of all time is now
    - Draymond suspension saved Bron lmaooo (so much that in game 6 when Draymond returned James put up pedestrian numbers of 41 pts - 11 boards - 8 assists - 4 steals - 3 blocks - 0 TOs).
    - Bulls would have rolled GSW in 5 roflllllll
    - LBJ joined the 8th-seeded Miami Heat superteam! An 8th seed in the east. The east that you admonish as 'absolute trash', are you starting to feel your argument collapse all around you?
    - "Couldn't win without two HOF talents"
    - "Jordan would have won 8 straight!!! "So Jordan gets praised for quitting, not slighted. Amazing. And we don't deal in hypotheticals.
    - "Much more competitive era when you could play physical defense"

With advanced metrics slaughtering every argument, we turn to angsty boomer supposition. I would respect you a lot more if you just admitted you hate him for his stupid political takes, you are nostalgic for the 90s and MJ (who isn't?), and because he choked in 2011, nearly ten years ago. Trying to unironically argue what you're trying to argue is pretty cringe. Then stomping your feet on the ground and crying out to the heavens about how Bron defenders are similar to Puppy's SEC rant....again this is parody.

You are wrong. But keep being emotional about it. I never liked Jordan or the Bulls, but am not going to let a mancrush on LeBron get in my way of acknowledging his accomplishments.
    • Softest era is now. Yes. No defense, no rim protection, etc. Pretty easy argument to make when teams average 120 points a game and shoot more 3's than ever.
    • Draymond suspension changed all momentum.
    • The GSW team is "greatest ever" and yet didn't win the title? So are the 18-1 Patriots the greatest team in NFL history?
    • That Miami team was Wade and midgets. They pair Bosh, Wade, LBJ together and yes it's a super team in a conference with zero competition.
    • Show me his rings prior to Wade/Bosh. I'll wait.
    • Not sure where you're getting "praise" from. Wins 3 straight, quits, comes back and promptly wins 3 more.
    • You're either too young to have watched basketball from the 80's and 90's, or too determined to make yourself feel right. The league does not play defense at all anymore and the rules are set up to completely benefit the offense. Jordan would put 40 a game up in this era, rather easily.
    As I have already said, none of that is to diminish LBJ is a great player and a top 3-5 all timer.
    Swaye's Wigwam
    @Gladstone

This boomer is more of a Bill Russell Kareem Abdul Jabbar Magic Johnson guy

MJ had to win me over like Lebron need to win the MJ guys over
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Doogles said:

Doogles said:

Gladstone said:

@Doogles come home bud

It’s not a narrative.

Got it.

LeBron has at least a few years left. I would say 2 or 3 after this one. Maybe 5 or 6 as a my least a top 20 guy, even tho he’s 35. He will still be a great passer, he will still be big and strong, and he’s so athletic even at 40 he will probably be a better than average athlete.

He’s still dominant and while it’s debatable if he is still the best player in the league, he’s top 3 for sure. I doubt he will ease up after this year too.
    Swaye's Wigwam
    For size and skill together it is hard to beat Kareem. 6 rings, 10 finals too
    Founders Club

And all-time scorer. He has good arguments. I think him being an asshole has probably made him somewhat forgotten, and people also hold the size advantage against bigs.
    Swaye's Wigwam

And all-time scorer. He has good arguments. I think him being an asshole has probably made him somewhat forgotten, and people also hold the size advantage against bigs.
    Yes the game has changed and that was a long time ago
  • DooglesDoogles Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,460
    Swaye's Wigwam

I'm not sure MJ thinks it would have been 8 straight after watching his doc

He needed to go

And he was BACK for the second year when they lost to the Magic so he didn't even win 6 straight. He won three straight twice. Not exactly against the murderer's row either

They are both GREAT.

This is a really inconvenient truth for Jordan worshippers.
    Swaye's Wigwam

Size is definitely held against guys. Shaq in his prime was the most dominant player I saw. More dominant than Jordan, LeBron, or Bryant. He couldn’t hit FT’s and had a shorter prime tho.

Kareem is harder to argue against but a good wing beats a big imo in terms of overall impact. I doubt we will ever see a center like Shaq or Kareem again.
  • haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 20,350
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam

Btw, what had Anthony Davis won before this year? He’s really good and in his prime, but had he even won a round in the playoffs before this year? I’m not going to look it up, but I don’t remember him doing so.

This is the first time LeBron has had a legitimate top 5 teammate. Wade was good, but he wasn’t an ideal mix with LeBron and he was fading after their first year or two together.

He swept Portland in the first round as the 6th seed.

Was there for the 2 games in the rose garden. For as much as the blazers are trashed here, that Pelicans team was shit and had no business doing what they did. It was mostly AD with a little help from Holiday and Rondo.

He was a top 3 player before this season and Lebron was correct to get that trade done and create a mismatch for which the league has no counter.

But again, he always has to sacrifice a shit ton of depth on every one of his teams.