Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Kiss the 17 Rings Dawg thread

RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 100,729
First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
Swaye's Wigwam
Lakers on a roll. The Pandemic Dome is rocking

Comments

• CuntWaffleCuntWaffle Member Posts: 22,493
    First Anniversary 5 Fuck Offs 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    If the Lakers don't win the finals this year it might be a bigger upset than the Heat vs the Mavericks
  • GladstoneGladstone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 16,417
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    GOAT sighting tonight

tbh i don't think either miami or boston matches up well with LAL
  • BleachedAnusDawgBleachedAnusDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,397
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    They have two of the top-5 players in the league. They sure as shit better win.
    Founders Club

lol

not calling you out specifically but the revolving door of narrative expectations for the lakers has been consistently amusing.
  • BaldwinIVBaldwinIV Member Posts: 797
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    it's more impressive, not less impressive, to win in the bubble as a higher seed because you don't have the home court advantage you earned from the regular season.
  • RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 100,729
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Gladstone said:

lol

not calling you out specifically but the revolving door of narrative expectations for the lakers has been consistently amusing.
    I never bought the Clippers. I did think we? would get to beat them in the WCF. They couldn't even get there. I never wanted Paul George. Kawaii for sure, but we? don't need him

Never seen a minute of the Heat since LBJ left. Lakers in 5.

Founders Club
    Gladstone said:

lol

If those two were on your team of choice you would expect a title. LeBron has to deliver or his LA stint is a complete failure.
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Of semi interest is how these games aren't trending on twitter. When the NBA plays where they are supposed to there are always a ton off great tweets. Not so much from the Pandemic Bubble
    Founders Club

Gladstone said:

lol

If those two were on your team of choice you would expect a title. LeBron has to deliver or his LA stint is a complete failure.
    yep that's the current narrative, well done

(i agree, but he was called washed, the rockets were supposed to kill them, AD was supposed to turn into a spot up shooter, Lebron only wanted to make movies etc)

bron won me over in 2016 against 73-9, and it has been an amusing hobby to see the goalposts get moved as he eviscerates almost every argument against him since.

once he wins the ship, there will be a concerted effort to discredit bubble accomplishments 1000000%. and davis will go from 'lebron will turn him into a spot up shooter like bosh' to 'actually davis is the better player and carried lebron'. that's the script.
  • DooglesDoogles Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,461
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Gladstone said:

Gladstone said:

lol

(i agree, but he was called washed, the rockets were supposed to kill them, AD was supposed to turn into a spot up shooter, Lebron only wanted to make movies etc)

bron won me over in 2016 against 73-9, and it has been an amusing hobby to see the goalposts get moved as he eviscerates almost every argument against him since.

once he wins the ship, there will be a concerted effort to discredit bubble accomplishments 1000000%. and davis will go from 'lebron will turn him into a spot up shooter like bosh' to 'actually davis is the better player and carried lebron'. that's the script.
    You're trying to pull me back in. STOp
    Founders Club
    Gladstone said:

Gladstone said:

lol

Actually, the narrative is that he is facing a mediocre team missing two of its three best players.

Lowest ratings in history, btw. No one cares.
    Founders Club
    edited October 2020
    Ah yes, thanks for the reminder about beating an injured team. Google Trends has NBA Finals injuries at a 50% higher clip this year (compared to 2015, and 65% more than 2019) for news/media articles. Wonder why? Especially with ratings down? Hmm.

Remember kids, the 2015 finals won't be remembered for this:

Or the 2007 finals when he dragged a sack of blueberry scones and YMCA players to the NBA Finals. The narrative is 'LoL He iS 3-6 In ThE FiNalS' when doing what he did in years like that should be points of praise, not slander. It's mind-boggingly stupid.

Hmmm. What else am I forgetting

Ah yes the angry political growling and sky screeching angle. Bron's China comments were enormously disappointing (I lived in Hong Kong for years and consider it formerly one of the world's finest cities, Bron's comments were ignorant at best and frightfully damaging at worst), but I'm not going to hold his mostly stupid political takes against him when purely judging his basketball legacy.

@Doogles come home bud
    Founders Club
    Gladstone said:

Ah yes, thanks for the reminder about beating an injured team. Google Trends has NBA Finals injuries at a 50% higher clip this year (compared to 2015, and 65% more than 2019) for news/media articles. Wonder why? Especially with ratings down? Hmm.

Or the 2007 finals when he dragged a sack of blueberry scones and YMCA players to the NBA Finals. The narrative is 'LoL He iS 3-6 In ThE FiNalS' when doing what he did in years like that should be points of praise, not slander. It's mind-boggingly stupid.

Ah yes the angry political growling and sky screeching angle. Bron's China comments were enormously disappointing (I lived in Hong Kong for years and consider it formerly one of the world's finest cities, Bron's comments were ignorant at best and frightfully damaging at worst), but I'm not going to hold his mostly stupid political takes against him when purely judging his basketball legacy.

@Doogles come home bud

I don't really care about LeBron and am not bashing him. He is facing a shitty JV team, fact. He has carried a really bad team to the Finals before. He also shit the bed against Dallas with a super team. He's a great player, not the GOAT. No one cares about this season. HTH.
  • PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 41,660
    Gladstone said:

@Doogles come home bud

It’s not a narrative.

LeBron is literally 3-6 in Finals.
  • DooglesDoogles Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,461
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited October 2020

Gladstone said:

@Doogles come home bud

It’s not a narrative.

This is like when niner fans say Montana is greater than Brady because he's 4-0 in the Superbowl while ignoring the years he never made it there.

Jordan is 6-0 in the finals only because he wasn't good enough to get past the Pistons or Orlando magic.
  • PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 41,660
    Doogles said:

Gladstone said:

@Doogles come home bud

It’s not a narrative.

This is like when niner fans say Montana is greater than Brady because he's 4-0 in the Superbowl while ignoring the years he never made it there.

Jordan is 6-0 in the finals only because he wasn't good enough to get past the Pistons or Orlando magic.
    So....in others words, LeBron lost 6 finals. And Jordan didn’t lose any.

Got it.

Swaye's Wigwam
    4 men have been to 10 Finals

Jordan is not on the list