Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Wyoming (appreciation) superiority guysm pole - aka how many Tims have you visited?

13»

Comments

• Options
    Doog_de_JourDoog_de_Jour Member Posts: 7,958
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    Never

Enough times to have learned an important lesson that 64 ounces of Mickey’s at 8,000 feet is like 256 ounces of Mickey’s and appreciate that Yellowstone is beautiful and going to wipe out humanity some day.

But also enough times to realize Boulder being the Austin of the Mountain region and Missoula being the Asheville are more my speed. Plus, Highway 12 through the middle of Idaho at some point became my scenic detour when forced to travel East to West or vice versa via covered wagon.

We thought long and hard on Missoula for the Seattle exodus, but Bend is a much better fit weather wise. We'll probably get burned up in a fire storm in the next few years, but oh well.
    You can always move again after you become empty nesters.
  • Options
    LebamDawgLebamDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 8,551
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    5- 9

Enough times to have learned an important lesson that 64 ounces of Mickey’s at 8,000 feet is like 256 ounces of Mickey’s and appreciate that Yellowstone is beautiful and going to wipe out humanity some day.

But also enough times to realize Boulder being the Austin of the Mountain region and Missoula being the Asheville are more my speed. Plus, Highway 12 through the middle of Idaho at some point became my scenic detour when forced to travel East to West or vice versa via covered wagon.

Chinned for Mickey's - one of my favorites

• Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,496
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    2- 4
    LebamDawg said:

Official beer of Oly High dances
  • Options
    LebamDawgLebamDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 8,551
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    5- 9

LebamDawg said:

I still drink that shit...
  • Options
    Pitchfork51Pitchfork51 Member Posts: 26,602
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Never
    tbh I'm not 100% positive where it is
  • Options
    Fishpo31Fishpo31 Member Posts: 2,257
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    2- 4
    LebamDawg said:

LebamDawg said:

I still drink that shit...
    We used to call them Skunk Farts...haven't had one for years!
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited October 2020
    Once

We thought long and hard on Missoula for the Seattle exodus, but Bend is a much better fit weather wise. We'll probably get burned up in a fire storm in the next few years, but oh well.
    Missoula winters are milder than the rest of Montana, but still pretty brutal.
  • Options
    AtomicDawgAtomicDawg Member Posts: 6,991
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes
    5- 9
    Just got back from staying in driggs/victor on the Idaho/Wyoming border and pretty sure that’s where we will retire.
    Star valley up through all the way to Bozeman May be my favorite area in the country. The rest of Wyoming i don’t care for all that much.

Also we had our Departments annual conference in Rawlins, Wy at the old state prison one time. It was pretty bad ass. Nothing like having your CEO go over financials and projections while you’re sitting in the cells where endless prison rapes have occurred.