Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

JT Tuimoloau, 5* 2021 DL, Bellevue (Eastside Catholic), WA (Offered 9/22/17)

Comments

• DoogerMcFarlandDoogerMcFarland Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 739
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam

From Eklund:
    I've been told PK basically took over point with JT's recruitment and Lake has been very involved too.

Malloe is involved somewhat, but, at least from what I have been told, he's stepped back and let the other two take the lead.

WTF?

JT didn’t mention Malloe in the couple of sentences he gave Huffman so Eklund had to throw some bullshit together last minute to explain it.
  • CanadawgCanadawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,047
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    dOgmaster said:

I always feel bad for local kids who may want to move away for college due to the pressure to stay home. Higher rating results in more pressure. Not saying its fans fault, they just want their team to be successful. I feel that they keep the local team in the mix to avoid having to defend their decision. It could also explain why some wait till signing day.

I feel Oregon would be close enough to home yet far enough away to feel different than his hometown. And his dad wouldn’t have to fly.

Like Savell?
  • GreenRiverGatorzGreenRiverGatorz Member Posts: 10,147
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    dOgmaster said:

Who pissed in Gee Scotts cornflakes?! It may be worth it in the long run for uw to work out some type of peace treaty.

Yeah, Cohen and Jimmy should get right on that. Making amends with an irrelevant local morning radio host tops the priority list.
  • GladstoneGladstone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 16,417
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    Time to win, Jimmy.
  • TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,800
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs
    All that tells you is that Malloe hasn’t connected as you’d like

The idea that K is a negative recruiter is way overblown ... when he gets involved good things tend to happen
  • insinceredawginsinceredawg Member Posts: 5,117
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Or they're now telling him he's coming in as an edge rusher because that's what tOSU is recruiting him as. They're selling him on their track record with the Bosa bros and Chase Young.
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Is there a big difference in NFL money between edge and interior d line?
  • RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited October 2020
    Canadawg said:

There is a difference but I believe Aaron Donald is the highest paid defensive player. Sacks get you paid and edge guys get more of them.
  • animateanimate Member Posts: 4,230
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    edited October 2020

Or they're now telling him he's coming in as an edge rusher because that's what tOSU is recruiting him as. They're selling him on their track record with the Bosa bros and Chase Young.

Basically this. Malloe is still involved but instead of interior DL they are recruiting him as a Buck because he wants to play the edge which is why Coach K took over.
    Welcome back
    damn right!

Tug has it's entertainment ... but sonics fills that void ...

question: did bobby g have anything to do with the lack of progress on the ethan calvert recruiting front? does he deserve the flak?
  • sonics1993sonics1993 Member Posts: 1,460
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    animate said:

Basically this. Malloe is still involved but instead of interior DL they are recruiting him as a Buck because he wants to play the edge which is why Coach K took over.
    Welcome back
    damn right!

Tug has it's entertainment ... but sonics fills that void ...

question: did bobby g have anything to do with the lack of progress on the ethan calvert recruiting front? does he deserve the flak?
    Absolutely he deserves flack. You got to remember that the Calvert family reached out to Pete telling them they were intersted after UCLA had dropped Josh. Bob sucks at recruiting and his lack of ability to connect with recruits is why we whiff so much when it comes to ILB'S.
  • DoogWhispererDoogWhisperer Member Posts: 1,017
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment

Canadawg said:

There is a difference but I believe Aaron Donald is the highest paid defensive player. Sacks get you paid and edge guys get more of them.
    Donald is 4th. 7 out of the top 10 are EDGE players.

I don’t see JT as a stand up EDGE, though.
  • FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes

Canadawg said:

bosa is now, but edge guys are more valuable
    Swaye's Wigwam
    https://overthecap.com/position/interior-defensive-line/

This makes it seem like edge guys have a slightly higher pay but definitely not enough to matter
  • RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    I think JTT is probably a DT. Then again, Ali Gaye looked like a DT too. If he wants to play edge, give him the chance. He might be elite there too and you can always move him inside later.
  • dirtysouwfdawgdirtysouwfdawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 11,701
    5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes First Anniversary
    Swaye's Wigwam
    He can line at at FS for all I care. Just get him to sign on the line that is dotted and then figure it out later.
  • 79smoothdawg79smoothdawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 707
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam

He can line at at FS for all I care. Just get him to sign on the line that is dotted and then figure it out later.

This