Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Defensive back Jevon Holland opts out of Oregon's season to prepare for 2021 NFL draft

Comments

• IPukeOregonGrellowIPukeOregonGrellow Member Posts: 2,183
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    edited October 2020
    dnc said:

Three fourths of the Ducks starting secondary has opted out.

You hate to see it.

dnc said:

DJDuck said:

He was a good player but was divisive. I’m glad he is gone as are a lot of Ducks. I think Bennett Williams fits in his spot nicely. If not it gives Williams a chance for Williams to get on the field with Wright, Manning and Breeze.

QPOTD!

Yeah I'd never heard any of that about Holland. Regardless, he's a great player and they'll miss him.
    Scoda Twitter will tell you Breeze and Schooler are twice as good.
  • DJDuckDJDuck Member Posts: 5,970
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes
    edited October 2020

haie said:

Big loss. Great player. But Oregon has a lot of depth at DB.

Replacing experienced, talented dbs with young, inexperienced and talented dbs and thinking there will be no drop off is maybe the worst fan take in all of college football.

Not saying you're doing that. But their fans definitely are.

With only high school experience, teams are *going after you* down the sidelines. This is how shittier teams beat you. Their fans are too stupid to understand this though.
    Generally true. But Pickett, McKinley and Stephens are all good players. Breeze is the classic over-achiever DB but there's no denying he makes big plays. They seem like they'll be alright at safety. Wright is going to be a star corner in the P12. There's chatter about Lenoir renegging his opt-out. If he does, they'll be pretty well settled on the corners and won't miss Graham as much.

haie said:

Replacing experienced, talented dbs with young, inexperienced and talented dbs and thinking there will be no drop off is maybe the worst fan take in all of college football.

Not saying you're doing that. But their fans definitely are.

With only high school experience, teams are *going after you* down the sidelines. This is how shittier teams beat you. Their fans are too stupid to understand this though.
    Generally true. But Pickett, McKinley and Stephens are all good players. Breeze is the classic over-achiever DB but there's no denying he makes big plays. They seem like they'll be alright at safety. Wright is going to be a star corner in the P12. There's chatter about Lenoir renegging his opt-out. If he does, they'll be pretty well settled on the corners and won't miss Graham as much.
    Wright has experience and is as good as Graham and Lenoir IMO. Everyone wanted 5 star Dontae Manning. I feel comfortable with him. There are others that are great DB’s McKinley, Bridges, DJ James, Jamal Hill, Bennett Williams.
  • dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

dnc said:

You hate to see it.

Ducks running a base nickel like UW now?
    edited October 2020
    edited October 2020
  • MikeSeaverMikeSeaver Member Posts: 4,405
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes

dnc said:

DJDuck said:

He was a good player but was divisive. I’m glad he is gone as are a lot of Ducks. I think Bennett Williams fits in his spot nicely. If not it gives Williams a chance for Williams to get on the field with Wright, Manning and Breeze.

QPOTD!

Yeah I'd never heard any of that about Holland. Regardless, he's a great player and they'll miss him.
    WDWH(anymore)A
    dnc said:

dnc said:

You hate to see it.

Ducks running a base nickel like UW now?
    Since we fired Helfrich and Hoke. But moor tellingly the official stats credit Breeze/McKinley/Pickett with 24 starts between them last year.

The bigger issue is going to be going from 200 returning starts on the o-line down to one start and that Hubert had some kind of magic talisman that somehow saved the offense repeatedly despite the fucktardedness of the receiving core and the offensive play calling.
  • NorthwestFreshNorthwestFresh Member Posts: 7,972
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment Combo Breaker
    haie said:

Other than DJ Duck, every other Oregon poster in this thread says it’s a big loss because it is. Losing a first-round graded player is an obvious loss.

Making things up to prop up your shitty take on Duck fans doesn’t really lend much value to you credibility.

edited October 2020

haie said:

Other than DJ Duck, every other Oregon poster in this thread says it’s a big loss because it is. Losing a first-round graded player is an obvious loss.

Making things up to prop up your shitty take on Duck fans doesn’t really lend much value to you credibility.

Actually I didn’t say it wasn’t a big loss. What I am saying is that Cristobals recruiting has made us very deep and talented which is true. Other than Bennett Williams who started for Illinois his Freshman year and was a Freshman All American there isn’t much experience after Breeze, Pickett and McKinley.........Wright and James have taken meaningful snaps.
    Dontae will figure into the mix particularly if the two corners don’t opt in.

DJDuck said:

haie said:

Actually I didn’t say it wasn’t a big loss. What I am saying is that Cristobals recruiting has made us very deep and talented which is true. Other than Bennett Williams who started for Illinois his Freshman year and was a Freshman All American there isn’t much experience after Breeze, Pickett and McKinley.........Wright and James have taken meaningful snaps.

You said you are glad he is gone you fucking quook.
  • DoogerMcFarlandDoogerMcFarland Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 739
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Did y’all already talk about how Breeze opted out today too?

Entirely new o-line and secondary.

dnc said:

You hate to see it.

Fupdating.

• creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,696
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Photogenic
    dnc said:

DJDuck said:

haie said:

More bullying. Astounding lack of self-control @dnc .
    edited October 2020
    dnc said:

DJDuck said:

haie said:

dnc said:

DJDuck said:

haie said:

Who is the “he” you referring to you fucking doog?

DJDuck said:

dnc said:

DJDuck said:

haie said:

dnc said:

DJDuck said:

haie said:

Just read the title of the thread my diminutively IQ'd fren. You know, the thread you posted this in:

DJDuck said:

dnc said:

DJDuck said:

dnc said:

DJDuck said:

haie said:

dnc said:

DJDuck said:

haie said:

Just read the title of the thread my diminutively IQ'd fren. You know, the thread you posted this in:

DJDuck said:

Scoda Twitter gonna Scoda Twitter.
    edited October 2020
    dnc said:

DJDuck said:

dnc said:

DJDuck said:

haie said:

dnc said:

DJDuck said:

haie said:

DJDuck said:

dnc said:

DJDuck said:

dnc said:

DJDuck said:

haie said:

dnc said:

DJDuck said:

haie said:

DJDuck said:

Well dimwit Holland said he didn’t want to play anymore without being payed. So I’m glad he’s gone, so KMA moron. As I said before. He is a good player but we are deep and will be find. Huskies will find out in Autzen.😂
    edited October 2020
    Oregon Ducks fall camp breakdown: Secondary

Projected two deep:

Boundary corner

Deommodore Lenoir: 5-foot-11, 195 pounds

DJ James: 6-foot, 185 pounds

Boundary safety

Nick Pickett: 6-foot-1, 210 pounds

JJ Greenfield: 6-foot, 181 pounds

Field safety

Verone McKinley III: 5-foot-11, 196 pounds OR

Steve Stephens IV: 6-foot, 195 pounds OR

Jordan Happle: 5-foot-11, 205 pounds

Bennett Williams: 6-foot, 203 pounds

Field corner

Mykael Wright: 5-foot-11, 182 pounds

Dontae Manning: 6-foot, 192 pounds

Nickel

Verone McKinley III: 5-foot-11, 196 pounds OR

Jamal Hill: 6-foot-1, 200 pounds

Dime

Jamal Hill: 6-foot-1, 200 pounds OR

Trikweze Bridges: 6-foot-3, 185 pounds

https://www.oregonlive.com/ducks/2020/10/oregon-ducks-fall-camp-breakdown-secondary.html
  • dOgmasterdOgmaster Member Posts: 560
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    If this is a nothing season I am glad the younger players are getting more playing time. Sets Oregon up better next year.