Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Dawgs Depth Chart?

PG: 1. Quade Green 2. Marcus Tsohonis 3. Nate Pryor

SG: 1a. Naz Carter 1b. Raequan Battle

3/SF: 1a. Jamal Bey 1b. Naz Carter

PF: 1. Hameir Wright 2. J'Raan Brooks

C: 1. Nate Roberts 2. Hameir Wright

Clear strength of the team is at the 2/3 spots. I don't see a time where there isn't a consistent rotation of Bey, Naz, Battle. Each player should be getting 25+ mins a night. I anticipate this is where the bulk of our scoring will come from.

PG is solid with Green and Tsohonis. Good leadership and poise here.

PF isn't a total liability... at least there's some age and experience there with Wright and Brooks was a top-100 guy before he went to USC.

C is the clear weakness on this team. It's a shame Roberts didn't get the chance to play much the last couple years and now he's slated at starter. Wright will get run here with smaller lineups but he gets bodied by bigger opponents. BPJ transferring to LSU hurts... not sure what the thought process was there. He'd be entering his RS SO season with a chance to get good minutes... but he peaced leaving us pretty thin. Good thing we have height and athleticism on the perimeter cause our zone would be total trash running these guys on the back end.

Comments

• Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Why do you hate the white boy transfers?
  • Options
    BroadcastingDawgBroadcastingDawg Member Posts: 1,245
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    edited October 2020
    dnc said:

Don't hate them at all, but I'm pretty sure Bajema and Stevenson have to sit out right? Stevenson I'm sure he does. He played in 31 games last year for Whichita despite him saying that that he's applying for a waiver. I think Bajema is trying to get a waiver too, he has a better case, but I haven't seen anything so far.

Also, I'm seeing that the 1st time transfer waiver was tabled to 2021...
  • Options
    GladstoneGladstone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 16,417
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club

PG: 1. Quade Green 2. Marcus Tsohonis 3. Nate Pryor

SG: 1a. Naz Carter 1b. Raequan Battle

3/SF: 1a. Jamal Bey 1b. Naz Carter

PF: 1. Hameir Wright 2. J'Raan Brooks

C: 1. Nate Roberts 2. Hameir Wright

Clear strength of the team is at the 2/3 spots. I don't see a time where there isn't a consistent rotation of Bey, Naz, Battle. Each player should be getting 25+ mins a night. I anticipate this is where the bulk of our scoring will come from.

PG is solid with Green and Tsohonis. Good leadership and poise here.

PF isn't a total liability... at least there's some age and experience there with Wright and Brooks was a top-100 guy before he went to USC.

C is the clear weakness on this team. It's a shame Roberts didn't get the chance to play much the last couple years and now he's slated at starter. Wright will get run here with smaller lineups but he gets bodied by bigger opponents. BPJ transferring to LSU hurts... not sure what the thought process was there. He'd be entering his RS SO season with a chance to get good minutes... but he peaced leaving us pretty thin. Good thing we have height and athleticism on the perimeter cause our zone would be total trash running these guys on the back end.

• Options

dnc said:

Don't hate them at all, but I'm pretty sure Bajema and Stevenson have to sit out right? Stevenson I'm sure he does. He played in 31 games last year for Whichita despite him saying that that he's applying for a waiver. I think Bajema is trying to get a waiver too, he has a better case, but I haven't seen anything so far.

Hop said back in May they were working to get them both eligible. I haven't seen an update either way since then. But the NCAA is pretty much toothless these days so I've been assuming they'd get it.

https://247sports.com/college/washington/Article/Washington-Huskies-basketball-working-to-get-Cole-Bajema-immediate-eligibility-147629291/
  • Options
    Neighbor2972Neighbor2972 Member Posts: 4,289
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    With Covid they should be able to get waivers, since they are both from Washington

but who knows with the NCAA
  • Options

dnc said: