Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Announcing The Hardcore Husky Favorite Rock Album of all Tim Tournament

YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 33,796
First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
Swaye's Wigwam
In honor of our grand reopening in beautiful Central OR, Yellow Snow’s Record Shoppe is proud to present an epic shit pole tournament featuring 64 of Hardcore Husky’s favorite rock albums of all Tim. Winners of each of my previous poles from covering 1965- 1995 were given automatic bids. At large bids to round out the field of 64 were sent to strong 2nd (and a few 3rd place showings) along with some of the most deserving post 1995 albums. Poles should open tomorrow.

Disclaimer: In an effort to stave off near certain bullying, I brought in @dnc to select and seed the 1991 – present bracket. Please direct all hate mail to him for this era; everything else can be fired my way.

The Brackets & Seedings

1965- 71

1) Hendrix - Are You Experienced?
16) Grateful Dead – Workingman’s Dead
8) The Beatles – Abbey Road
9) The Rolling Stones – Let It Bleed
5) The Who – Who’s Next
12) The Beatles – Rubber Soul
4) The Beatles – The White Album
13) The Rolling Stones – Beggar’s Banquet
6) The Beach Boys – Pet Sounds
11) Led Zeppelin – Led Zeppelin II
3) Black Sabbath - Paranoid
14) The Rolling Stones – Sticky Fingers
7) The Doors – The Doors
10) The Beatles – Revolver
2) Led Zeppelin – Led Zeppelin IV
15) Hendrix – Electric Ladyland

1972- 79

1) The Rolling Stones – Exile on Main Street
16) Bad Company – Bad Company
8) The Eagles – Hotel California
9) Led Zeppelin – Houses of The Holy
5) Van Halen – Van Halen I
12) Boston – Boston
4) AC DC – Highway To Hell
13) The Clash – London Calling
6) Led Zeppelin – Physical Graffiti
11) The Cars – The Cars
3) Pink Floyd – Dark Side Of The Moon
14) The Clash – The Clash
7) Neil Young - Harvest
10) AC DC - Dirty Deads Done Dirt Cheap
2) Rumors – Fleetwood Mac
15) Aerosmith – Toys in The Attic

1980- 90

1) Guns N’ Roses – Appetite for Destruction
16) AC DC - The Razor’s Edge
8) Dire Straits – Brothers in Arms
9) Metallica – Ride The Lightning
5) Van Halen – 1984
12) Iron Maiden – The Number of the Beast
4) U2 – The Joshua Tree
13) Tom Petty – Full Moon Fever
6) Metallica – Kill Em All
11) Ozzy Osborne – Blizzard of Oz
3) Metallica – Master of Puppets
14) AC DC - For Those About To Rock
7) U2 - War
10) Metallica – And Justice For All
2) AC DC - Back In Black
15) Queensryche – Operation Mindcrime

1991- Present

1) Nirvana – Nevermind
16) The Killers – Hot Fuss
8) Green Day - Dookie
9) Smashing Pumpkins – Siamese Dream
5) Soundgardern - Superunkown
12) White Stripes – White Blood Cells
4) Weezer – Blue Album
13) Muse – Black Holes and Revelations
6) Pearl Jam – Ten
11) Tool – Enima
3) Metallica – The Black Album
14) Linkin Park – Hybrid Theory
7) Alice in Chains – Jar of Flies
10) Smashing Pumpkins -Melon Collie and The Infinite Sadness
2) Alice In Chains – Dirt
15) Tool - Undertow

Comments

• GladstoneGladstone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 16,417
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
  • alumni94alumni94 Member Posts: 4,849
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
  • YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 33,796
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Gladstone said:

Thank @dnc ... I would have left those guys out.

• BleachedAnusDawgBleachedAnusDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,397
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    Hendrix at #1 in the Geriatric Division is a skrong statement. Not saying it's wrong, don't twist. He is a legit contender, but did not expect that from @YellowSnow.
  • BleachedAnusDawgBleachedAnusDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,397
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    Also, would have dropped one of the Tool albums for Muse - Absolution.
    Swaye's Wigwam

Hendrix at #1 in the Geriatric Division is a skrong statement. Not saying it's wrong, don't twist. He is a legit contender, but did not expect that from @YellowSnow.

I don't think there is a clear #1 in the 1965- 71 bracket and probably about 4 or 5 albums that are worthy of it. If we went by Rolling Stone Mag's 2003 rankings (i.e., before they went totally woke millenial douche canoe) Pet Sounds would we a 1 seed, with Revolver 2 and Rubber Soul 3. I don't think that matches the sentiments of the bored, which is what I based this more off of.
  • Doog_de_JourDoog_de_Jour Member Posts: 7,955
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    I’m going to wait for @RollingStoneDawg to weigh in before I cast my ballot.
    Swaye's Wigwam
    chuck said:

Good job. I probably would have done better, and had a historically good bracket, but we'll just never know. This effort will do for now.

If you ass slapping, keg chugging, jacked up Toyota driving, NBA watching, butt plugging,, frat boy crackers fuck this up like you have every other music pole here I'm just gone. No warning.

@chuck it's not a matter of my critical assessment in this exercise. Notice no Dylan albums. 1 Neil Young entry. This is a college football message bored and our? favorite artists just didn't do well in the regular season (i.e., by year poles).
  • chuckchuck Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,587
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam

chuck said:

Good job. I probably would have done better, and had a historically good bracket, but we'll just never know. This effort will do for now.

If you ass slapping, keg chugging, jacked up Toyota driving, NBA watching, butt plugging,, frat boy crackers fuck this up like you have every other music pole here I'm just gone. No warning.

@chuck it's not a matter of my critical assessment in this exercise. Notice no Dylan albums. 1 Neil Young entry. This is a college football message bored and our? favorite artists just didn't do well in the regular season (i.e., by year poles).
    I get it. Thats why I said good job ahead of all the nonsense and shit talk.

The lack of Dylan is upsetting but no surprise. The shortage if Punk Floyd (Animals especially but Wish You Were Here too), while shit like Bad Company, Boston, Aerosmith, and The Cars made it in is also disturbing. Then again all the joking things I said before do actually apply, so there's no surprise.
  • dfleadflea Member Posts: 7,220
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Lots of AC/DC in the bracket, like there should be. Their brackets are tough, though - so the odds look long.

Swaye's Wigwam
    dflea said:

Lots of AC/DC in the bracket, like there should be. Their brackets are tough, though - so the odds look long.

I think AC DC has a pretty good shot of winning 1 of these brackets.
  • SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,044
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
    80-90 is a murder hell with Back in Black and Master of Puppets on a crash course. AfD is good, but it's not those other two.
  • JoeEDangerouslyJoeEDangerously Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 6,059
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    Swaye said:

80-90 is a murder hell with Back in Black and Master of Puppets on a crash course. AfD is good, but it's not those other two.

Appetite has become a chick album.
    Founders Club

Swaye said:

It's good shit. I loved it in it's day, but Battery trounces Welcome to the Jungle, Master trounces Sweet Child o Mine, and Sanitarium ties Paradise City at worst. It's just too much Metallica, on THE magnum opus metal record EVER made.
  • GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,480
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    Swaye said:

Swaye said:

It's good shit. I loved it in it's day, but Battery trounces Welcome to the Jungle, Master trounces Sweet Child o Mine, and Sanitarium ties Paradise City at worst. It's just too much Metallica, on THE magnum opus metal record EVER made.
    Agree with above.

HOWSOEVER, for me, the timless tracks on Appetite are It's So Easy, Out Ta Get Me, and Mr. Brownstone. Those hold the fuck up.
    Founders Club

Swaye said:

Swaye said:

Agree with above.

HOWSOEVER, for me, the timless tracks on Appetite are It's So Easy, Out Ta Get Me, and Mr. Brownstone. Those hold the fuck up.
    Agree. Mr. Brownstone is my favorite track on the album. I was just going with the "Big Three" from each, and there is no question Metallica inspired a generation of musicians with the intricately arranged wall of sound they perfected on Master. GnR, while great fun in their day, inspired a generation of pot heads. They are just not comparable.

Btw, Disposable Heroes is kind of the Mr. Brownstone of Master. Just epic. Gets overshadowed by the Big Three but is so bad ass on it's own. And Orion still sets the standard for what a metal instrumental can and should be. I have a boner. Peak Cliff inspired Metallica. Masterpiece.
    Founders Club
    edited October 2020
    If you are ever tripping watch this. Loud. Ignore the stupid ad in the middle.

edit: But love the penis on the still!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z6j63ImEKyo