Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Dave Iuli, 2022 4* OL, Puyallup (HS), WA (Offered)

Comments

• huskyhooliganhuskyhooligan Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 5,041
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    AEB said:

I hate to bring up the holy name, but with his build, he looks a little Gainsey... there I said it. Strike me down, Lord.

Agree. If he plays running back kid is the CP prototype.
  • FKA_MousecopFKA_Mousecop Member Posts: 2,054
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

vadawg said:

6'5" my ass. More like 6'2".....

6’5” wide
    So basically you're saying Oregon will be coming after him HARD.
  • backthepackbackthepack Member Posts: 19,785
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker 5 Awesomes
    In state= in the bag
  • UDubHusky23UDubHusky23 Member Posts: 889
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    https://247sports.com/Article/Four-star-2022-OL-Dave-Iuli-Washington-Oregon-Washington-State-USC-LSU-Oklahoma-Tennessee-Texas-AM-UCLA-Florida-150260921/

"So far, I've only visited Washington and Oregon," said Iuli.

Washington offered Iuli in the spring of 2019, when he was wrapping up his freshman year.

"After UW offered me, I went and visited," said Iuli. "Coach (Scott) Huff and I talk weekly and we have a close bond. I love coach (Jimmy) Lake, he always has a smile on a face."
  • DoogCouricsDoogCourics Member Posts: 5,739
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Eklund said he doesn’t expect a decision soon, but a source told him this weekend he is leaning UW FWIW.

Not much, but I update when I see an update I can copy and report here.
  • KrunkJuiceKrunkJuice Member Posts: 2,046
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Just got a CB to Oklahoma from their insider with a confidence level of 8. Interesting.
  • Miley_CyrusMiley_Cyrus Member Posts: 793
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Scott Huff’s not losing this kid to fucking Oklahomo. Ride the lightning bitch!!!!
  • bananasnblondesbananasnblondes Member Posts: 14,876
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    That said, I think he's going to be a Sooner. In terms of issuing my crystal ball, the tipping point for me came today, when Iuli told me that he didn't have plans to take an official visit to USC. That came as a bit of a surprise, because I've long viewed this recruitment as primarily a two-team race. USC and Oklahoma were clearly ahead of the pack for Iuli, with Oregon and Washington lurking in the mix due to proximity. But when he told me that he'd been invited to — and planned to attend — the ChampU BBQ, it reaffirmed the writing that I'd seen on the wall for quite some time. In fact, the first words out of his mouth on the call were, "I'm going to Oklahoma in June."

He's planned official visits to Oregon State and Cal, two programs that he's never touted as serious contenders for his pledge. While he's toying with the possibility of taking an official to Oregon as well, it's blatantly obvious that the visit to Norman is what he's most stoked for. Ever outgoing and gregarious, Iuli is thrilled at the prospect of meeting and building relationships with some of the other top recruits in the cycle. The Washington native has never been to the state of Oklahoma, and barring a negative culture shock of epic proportions, I don't see how his ChampU BBQ excursion does anything but solidify his interest in the Sooners and his bond with Bedenbaugh. Iuli is in contact with Oklahoma's revered offensive line coach on a daily basis, and no other coach or school has been as intentional in building a relationship with the 6-foot-5, 315-pound Puyallup kid.

With that in mind, I've become the first 247Sports expert to project that OU lands Iuli. I've attached a confidence level of eight to the prediction. I'll continue to monitor this recruitment closely as the days and weeks pass, but I don't think it's farfetched to conclude that Iuli could be committed to Oklahoma by the time Independence Day rolls around.
  • QuietcowskeeQuietcowskee Member Posts: 3,059
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    “ChampU excursion with Bedenbaugh?”

What a bunch of coogly sounding horseshit. Is he gonna go muddin’ with Alex Grinch after that??
  • Neighbor2972Neighbor2972 Member Posts: 4,286
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Definitely reads like someone who doesn't understand why anyone with an offer from Oklahoma would go to a pac-12 school. Like, Oklahoma isn't Ohio State/Alabama/Clemson, how many Polynesian kids have ever gone to Oklahoma?

I have no read on Iuli, but I would be just as worried about Oregon as Oklahoma