Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

2021 recruiting numbers

dOgmasterdOgmaster Member Posts: 560
First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
Nemec stated today that the class size should be 23. The two targets are Thornton and JTT. With some believing that Thornton is a silent commit that leaves just one recruit for the staff to focus on. Unfortunately I think uw is down to 2-3 recruits to close out their class.

I hope our coffee cup is bigger.

Comments

• greenbloodgreenblood Member Posts: 14,272
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment Combo Breaker
    Just wait until Lake gets him on campus...
  • IPukeOregonGrellowIPukeOregonGrellow Member Posts: 2,183
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    I don't think it's rocket science. 21 commits. 4 takes left in Thornton, JTT, Foreman and Foster. If they all commit, abundance. If none of them commit, then you start work on 2022.

I don't think it's rocket science. 21 commits. 4 takes left in Thornton, JTT, Foreman and Foster. If they all commit, abundance. If none of them commit, then you start work on 2022.

Thornton is already on board (silent commit). All the focus should be on JTT and 2022. Ohio State is the real threat until Jimmy and his staff figure out the power buttons on their computers. Until then, it's full court press time.
  • DJDuckDJDuck Member Posts: 5,970
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes

Cristobal and crew already working on 2022. Oregon ranked 13th.

• DJDuckDJDuck Member Posts: 5,970
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes
    edited September 2020
    Ducks could sign several really good recruits that want to be in this class but it comes down to Thornton, JTT and Foster. Thornton has a spot and they will keep spots open for JTT and Foster. Cristobal will find room for either of them.
    DJDuck said:

Ducks could sign several really good recruits that want to be in this class but it comes down to Thornton, JTT and Foster. Thornton has a spot and they will keep spots open for JTT and Foster. Cristobal will find room for either of them.

Bassa will be one, and Thornton will be another. That leaves them with 2 spots for only the 5 star guys, Foster, JTT, and Foreman. We can probably forget about Foreman, he's more than likely going to LSU. It's coming down to Foster and JTT. We'll take either or both. If we get neither then they'll probably save them for transfers.
  • IPukeOregonGrellowIPukeOregonGrellow Member Posts: 2,183
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment

DJDuck said:

Bassa will be one, and Thornton will be another. That leaves them with 2 spots for only the 5 star guys, Foster, JTT, and Foreman. We can probably forget about Foreman, he's more than likely going to LSU. It's coming down to Foster and JTT. We'll take either or both. If we get neither then they'll probably save them for transfers.
    I don’t necessarily buy that they’re sold on Bassa. I think they’d take him if space allowed, but they just shot off an offer to a four-star Louisville commit and there's still the looming question of "Is Ceyair Wright overrated or is SC trying to take a 7 defensive back class?"

I'll hold out on Thornton until he commits, because silent commit doesn't really mean much. But at the same point in time, a 6'4" receiver with a verified 11.01 100m as a sophomore is a take. The goal should be how many of JTT, Thornton, Foreman and Foster can you realistically land.