Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

What is your favorite memory of the old Pac 12 Conference?

13»

Comments

• haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 20,350
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Gladstone said:

Stanford at home 2016. We were back!

We were. What a game. First time since Miami 2000 I was supremely hyped and nervous for a game and it actually blew my expectations away for the positive.
    It was a great experience on a Friday afternoon but the game itself was so meh. It only means something because we thought we were going 8-4 or something equally disgraceful.

If we're going to trash a blowout over 4-win Oregon then beating a program that was simply done on any national level should also be scrutinized. They laid down as soon as McCaffrey looked at the defense and self-benched.

Other than 2018, we only beat Stanford when Shaw rolls out the wrong quarterback.

If anything that game just makes it all the more shameful they played so bad in Palo Alto the next year.
    Swaye's Wigwam

Rick Neuheisel in his brief stint on the P12 Network was the only redeeming thing this shitty rebranded conference ever produced.

Seeing Slick Rick’s smug face made me want to destroy my television.

Like Elvis.

Or @Dennis_DeYoung
    I've personally met and conversed with three Husky head coaches in my life tim. Rick is, by far, the most congenial, interesting, friendly and approachable of the bunch. And, yes, that includes Dong James.
    I wonder if Rick would actually be more successful in this era, what with recruiting being priority #1 and delegating the heavy lifting

Just go hire some redass d coord for 1-2 million.

He was a terrible fit for the LA schools though.
  • RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    haie said:

Rick Neuheisel in his brief stint on the P12 Network was the only redeeming thing this shitty rebranded conference ever produced.

Like Elvis.

Or @Dennis_DeYoung
    I've personally met and conversed with three Husky head coaches in my life tim. Rick is, by far, the most congenial, interesting, friendly and approachable of the bunch. And, yes, that includes Dong James.
    I wonder if Rick would actually be more successful in this era, what with recruiting being priority #1 and delegating the heavy lifting

I doubt it. Not sure how much time Rick put into coaching, but he doesn’t seem like a sleep in the office guy. His highly touted class also ended up being pretty bad and were the upperclassmen off the 1-11 and 2-9 teams.
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Still love the 2018 conference championship the most.

We were so flawed, and elite at a few positions. Just rubbed our sweaty decrepit little balls all over the other contenders with the same lazy shitty pretend-AI offense Pete wouldn't take responsibility for.

There was always going to be around 4k Utah fans and < 1k UW fans so just get drunk and high in front of all these tech workers by the Shark Tank that think the XFL season opener is happening at Levis.
    Swaye's Wigwam

haie said:

Like Elvis.

Or @Dennis_DeYoung

I doubt it. Not sure how much time Rick put into coaching, but he doesn’t seem like a sleep in the office guy. His highly touted class also ended up being pretty bad and were the upperclassmen off the 1-11 and 2-9 teams.
    Mario couldn't cut it until recruiting and hiring was all that mattered either.
  • DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 59,718
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club

haie said:

haie said:

Like Elvis.

Or @Dennis_DeYoung

That’s true for Ed O as well. LSU was loaded and it took Joe Brady to fix the offense.

It’s all important. Rick wasn’t a good enough coach to sustain success. I don’t think it would be any different today.
    Agreed. His UCLA stint proved that.
    Swaye's Wigwam

haie said:

haie said:

Like Elvis.

Or @Dennis_DeYoung

That’s true for Ed O as well. LSU was loaded and it took Joe Brady to fix the offense.

It’s all important. Rick wasn’t a good enough coach to sustain success. I don’t think it would be any different today.
    I just think it's interesting to ponder, since we're going to trip on our dicks for another ~18 hours anyways.

He won a rose bowl at a school that regressed before him, and after him.

The college game has just changed a lot in even a decade. It's obvious Chip can't come in and do in 2020 what he did in 09/10.

If you can get an assistant for just a couple mil who recruits years worth of advantage for you on the field, you'd take that even if he dips somewhere else eventually. I'm sure Oregon wouldn't even give a fuck if Mario left for Miami, as long as its the day after Signing Day.
  • RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    haie said:

haie said:

haie said:

Like Elvis.

Or @Dennis_DeYoung

I just think it's interesting to ponder, since we're going to trip on our dicks for another ~18 hours anyways.

He won a rose bowl at a school that regressed before him, and after him.

The college game has just changed a lot in even a decade. It's obvious Chip can't come in and do in 2020 what he did in 09/10.

If you can get an assistant for just a couple mil who recruits years worth of advantage for you on the field, you'd take that even if he dips somewhere else eventually. I'm sure Oregon wouldn't even give a fuck if Mario left for Miami, as long as its the day after Signing Day.
    Chip walked into a great situation for him. He already had the offense rolling, the program marketing was as good as anybody’s, and the staff was already in place. Then he had Mariota at QB his last two years.

His offense was new at the time and teams didn’t have an answer. I also think he’s somewhat lazy, especially after making tens of millions in the NFL.

At the right school with one of the best DC’s and a staff or recruiters he could probably be good again, but that’s not happening at UCLA. Not very many coaches can constantly change and have sustained success.

Harbaugh is another example to a lesser extent. He’s still good, but it’s hard to see him winning a championship at Michigan and he’s still yet to beat Ohio State.
  • thechatchthechatch Member Posts: 5,484
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Chip only had Mariota for his rFR year in 2012. He pushed Darron Thomas, who’d gone 23-2 as a starter, door ass out for Mariota, following the redshirt.

Savage.