Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Fuck Cleveland!

I get it the decision hurt but how many times can the NBA try to make up for it by giving them a top tier pick? They are fucking Cleveland they'll find a way somehow to fuck it up like always. It's in their DNA they can't help it.

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,453
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment blah
    The NBA just clinched an interesting offseason now with Lebron. I think it was a longshot he leaves Miami but with the #1 pick going to Cleveland again there is a good chance Lebron might go there now.

Cavs third #1 pick and fifth top 4 pick since Lebron left.
  • Options
    doogsinparadisedoogsinparadise Member Posts: 9,320
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary Name Dropper
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Give it a rest. The NBA has nothing to gain by giving Cleveland the top pick.
  • Options

The return of Lebron?
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

Agreed. If it was Boston or LA I'd be all in on the conspiracy front. But Cleveland? Again?

Adam Silver is no David Stern. And that's a good thing.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

The return of Lebron?
    Good for LeBron if he goes back (I doubt he's playing for Gilbert). They still won't be a contender. You are pressing. They got lucky. It benefits the NBA more if the Lakers or Celtics got the #1.
  • Options
    Lebron going back to Cleveland and winning a title would be a ginormous story that most of you guys lack the foresight to understand.

With Miami aging it appears their title window is closing while in Cleveland he'll have Kyrie and Embiid. Also Lebron can opt in his contract play another year in Miami while Cleveland loads up another lottery pick.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

Lebron going back to Cleveland and winning a title would be a ginormous story that most of you guys lack the foresight to understand.

With Miami aging it appears their title window is closing while in Cleveland he'll have Kyrie and Embiid. Also Lebron can opt in his contract play another year in Miami while Cleveland loads up another lottery pick.

It would be a huge story. They would need to re-tool the whole roster. Irving is one of the worst defensive players in the league, Bennett is a bum, and their bigs suck excluding varejau who can't stay healthy.

Not to mention, LeBron is probably on the downside of his career. He will still be very good for 5-6 more years, but his best days will be behind him soon. Embiid or Wiggin will need 2 years before they are ready to win in the playoffs. Who was the last rookie or 2nd year guy to play a major role on a contender. Other than Kawhi Leonard, I can't think of one.

LeBron is better off in Miami or Chicago than Cleveland. Wade and Bosh have 2 years left. They can make minor changes to the roster and remain a contender than make a splash and get another star to pair with LeBron once those guy's deals are up.

• Options
    Lebron on the downside is a stretch. I mean he's still easily the best player in the game and will remain that for probably another two seasons if not three.

Durant can't do the things that Lebron can do.

Also Tim Duncan another former #1 pick was in his second year when they won the title. Kobe Bryant was in year four but didn't really play as a rookie.
  • Options
    doogsinparadisedoogsinparadise Member Posts: 9,320
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Living in Cleveland or living in Miami, hmm. Dude already got his titles.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

Lebron on the downside is a stretch. I mean he's still easily the best player in the game and will remain that for probably another two seasons if not three.

Also Tim Duncan another former #1 pick was in his second year when they won the title. Kobe Bryant was in year four but didn't really play as a rookie.

Father Time will get to LeBron. He has a game that will still be effective as he gets older though. He's good in the post, really improved his shooting, and is a great passer. He will be really good until he retires, but he's been playing heavy minutes since he was 18 with lots of deep playoff runs. He won't be the same that much longer.

Tim Duncan is a good call, but it's highly unlikely any of the rookie class will be able to sniff Duncan's jock.

• Options

Father Time will get to LeBron. He has a game that will still be effective as he gets older though. He's good in the post, really improved his shooting, and is a great passer. He will be really good until he retires, but he's been playing heavy minutes since he was 18 with lots of deep playoff runs. He won't be the same that much longer.

Tim Duncan is a good call, but it's highly unlikely any of the rookie class will be able to sniff Duncan's jock.

I'm aware of father time that is why I said 2-3 more years Lebron will be the best. The gap between Lebron and Durant is as big as Durant and anyone else IMO.

As for Duncan he's better than anyone in the class. However, the east sucks if Lebron went to Cleveland they'd probably be the favorites or close to it.

I think Lebron will age well much like Magic Johnson did. Remember Magic missed 5 years, was 36 had half AIDS and still posted a 21.1 PER(Kobe had a 21.9 in 2010 his last title for an example).

Good passers and post players always age well.
  • Options
    HeretoBeatmyChestHeretoBeatmyChest Member Posts: 4,295
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment
    Whats the difference between half AIDS and AIDS?
  • Options

Whats the difference between half AIDS and AIDS?

Full Blown AIDS means you die like Race Bannon.

Half AIDS is Magic Johnson.

I also love that because of Donald Sterling saying Magic has AIDS that Anderson Cooper literally said "Magic Johnson does not have full blown AIDS".
  • Options
    http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/10965714/charles-barkley-hopes-lebron-james-returns-cleveland-cavaliers

Barkley thinks Lebron should go back to Cleveland.

I don't see it happening due to their organization proving time and time again they are totally inept. I think in Miami he has a trust with Riley to be able to build around him while Gilbert proved he can't do that.
  • Options
    DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 60,237
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    Who is Father Time? Does he post here?
  • Options
    TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary

Who is Father Time? Does he post here?

He used to before the full blown AIDS finished him off.

RIP Race.