Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

What is your favorite memory of the old Pac 12 Conference?

Comments

• Options
    Doog_de_JourDoog_de_Jour Member Posts: 7,958
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter

Rick Neuheisel in his brief stint on the P12 Network was the only redeeming thing this shitty rebranded conference ever produced.

Seeing Slick Rick’s smug face made me want to destroy my television.

Like Elvis.

Or @Dennis_DeYoung
    I've personally met and conversed with three Husky head coaches in my life tim. Rick is, by far, the most congenial, interesting, friendly and approachable of the bunch. And, yes, that includes Dong James.
    The biggest sleazes usually are.

I don’t hate Rick, but he and my once beloved Chris Petersen are in the same category of coaches for me: TYFYS in getting us to the Rose Bowl, but they could’ve been so much better.
  • Options
    RatherBeBrewingRatherBeBrewing Member Posts: 1,557
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    My favorite signature Pac-12 moment came in 2012 in the Oregon-Stanford game.

First off, the game was on a Thursday, because you want the number one ranked team in the country playing a top-15 team on a Thursday night in late November. That is just smart marketing and makes for a great football game.

The real cherry on top was when Stanford turned the ball over on downs on Zach Ertz failing to secure the ball in the end zone and landing out of bounds. Oregon just needed to run out the clock. It was overturned by replay for a touchdown. Oregon loses in OT. Any video, picture, or opinion that Ertz scored can go fuck right off.

Oregon wins that game, they probably demolish an overrated Notre Dame in the Natty. I would forever be spared from having to hear our natty to uniform combination ratio.

They probably would have lost to Oregon State the next week anyway, but I'm allowed to dream. Fuck this conference, if the Big Ten ever wants Oregon and Washington we(?) should bail out of this truck bed of a conference.
  • Options
    Standard Supporter

Rick Neuheisel in his brief stint on the P12 Network was the only redeeming thing this shitty rebranded conference ever produced.

Like Elvis.

Or @Dennis_DeYoung
    I've personally met and conversed with three Husky head coaches in my life tim. Rick is, by far, the most congenial, interesting, friendly and approachable of the bunch. And, yes, that includes Dong James.
    The biggest sleazes usually are.

I don’t hate Rick, but he and my once beloved Chris Petersen are in the same category of coaches for me: TYFYS in getting us to the Rose Bowl, but they could’ve been so much better.
    That sleaze won a Rose Bowl and then popped off. Peterman bought a boat and a latte and then popped off.

#rick>petealldaylong
    Good for him. But for this girl, you should only be popping off for national championships.

Or even half ones. ;)

• Options
    creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,741
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Photogenic
    edited September 2020
    whlinder said:

Being up 7-0 on Alabama

Moral victories and lattes. Is that all takes to get into your, uh hmm, good favor?

Don’t be so easy ...

ily impressed my lady @Doog_de_Jour .
  • Options
    Pitchfork51Pitchfork51 Member Posts: 26,578
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    The pac 12 conference is fagerrific
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam

Like Elvis.

Or @Dennis_DeYoung
    Rick is more personable than Don James, Ty, and Gilby? I never knew that.
  • Options
    whlinderwhlinder Member Posts: 4,268
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment
    Standard Supporter

Like Elvis.

Or @Dennis_DeYoung
    Rick is more personable than Don James, Ty, and Gilby? I never knew that.
    Rick was very personable. He would talk to anyone like he had known them forever. Even the random towers in the athletic facilities. He was probably too personable for Babs where she did not like how close to the sun he flew with comments.

Ty, Gilby clearly didn’t have that type of personality. Never met them in person but you can tell. DJ I have no idea.

• Options
    dirtysouwfdawgdirtysouwfdawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 11,840
    5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes First Anniversary
    Swaye's Wigwam
    I want to say the pac 10 cared. Confirm or deny?
  • Options
    dfleadflea Member Posts: 7,220
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes

Like Elvis.

Or @Dennis_DeYoung
    Don James was too busy and important to waste tim on some schmo like you.

You're just lucky that he let you live.

Pure class, the Dawgfather.
  • Options
    Standard Supporter
    whlinder said:

Being up 7-0 on Alabama

Boy, my doog levels were off the charts that 1st quarter.
  • Options
    Ice_HolmvikIce_Holmvik Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,909
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Stanford at home 2016. We were back!
  • Options
    CuntWaffleCuntWaffle Member Posts: 22,493
    First Anniversary 5 Fuck Offs 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes