Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Play or Doomed? (Wilner)

Comments

• CallMeBigErnCallMeBigErn Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 3,856
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Founders Club
    edited September 2020

@CallMeBigErn is hearing that it's a good thing the PAC12 gave itself a one year death sentence.

Don't twist.

We're playing football this year. Take your screenshots.
    Sure, a meaningless exhibition season that helps solidify the irrelevance of the PAC12 while being net negative in revenue.

But it may, kind of, sort of, perhaps save one life since we are going to play but on a postponed schedule...
    It's going to be a season with an asterisk for every conference. It's going to be a shitshow. Why is the Big 10 suddenly given a pass?

Once Covid passes, this will all be water under the fridge. This is not the death sentence that y'all are making it out to be.
    Who is making it out as a death sentence?

Weren't you team don't play not long ago?
    Many on this board.

I've never been team don't play. Y'all twisted the fuck out of my words like a bunch of retards.
  • BleachedAnusDawgBleachedAnusDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,380
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club

@CallMeBigErn is hearing that it's a good thing the PAC12 gave itself a one year death sentence.

Don't twist.

Please live stream your suicide when it doesn't happen.
    Founders Club

Don't twist.

Please live stream your suicide when it doesn't happen.
    Be better.
  • RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 100,687
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam

Don't twist.

Sure, a meaningless exhibition season that helps solidify the irrelevance of the PAC12 while being net negative in revenue.

But it may, kind of, sort of, perhaps save one life since we are going to play but on a postponed schedule...
    It's going to be a season with an asterisk for every conference. It's going to be a shitshow. Why is the Big 10 suddenly given a pass?

Once Covid passes, this will all be water under the fridge. This is not the death sentence that y'all are making it out to be.

Many on this board.

I've never been team don't play. Y'all twisted the fuck out of my words like a bunch of retards.
    And?

I thought you were. My bad. I've been team stop the lockdown since March.

Anyway some good news for you

Founders Club

Don't twist.

Many on this board.

And?

I thought you were. My bad. I've been team stop the lockdown since March.

Anyway some good news for you

Does that mean the Oregon schools will be excluded? Trump 2020.
    Founders Club
    edited September 2020

Don't twist.

Disagree. It won't be SMU bad, but sitting out the season while every other major conference plays will fuck us long-term.

The financial hit will take its own toll, but the knock to our reputation after a 6+ year period of the conference not even being remotely competitive on the national stage is going to be hard to overcome. We're further widening the gulf between us and the rest at the exact time we can't afford to.

College football has never been kind to those who can't keep up.
    Who says we're sitting out? We're playing football this season. LIPO.
    Founders Club
    edited September 2020

Don't twist.

Disagree. It won't be SMU bad, but sitting out the season while every other major conference plays will fuck us long-term.

The financial hit will take its own toll, but the knock to our reputation after a 6+ year period of the conference not even being remotely competitive on the national stage is going to be hard to overcome. We're further widening the gulf between us and the rest at the exact time we can't afford to.

If we start play before November and are eligible for the CFP, then sure, damage will be minimal.

Any other scenario harms us substantially.
    No shit. Let's cross that bridge when we get there. Like I said, it's kind of like shitting on a recruiting class in March.

We know the consequences of not playing. We are now the only major conference that's not playing. This is why we are going to be playing. And I happen to think that playing responsibly is a good thing for the Big 10 and the Pac 12, not a bad thing. That belief seems to be foreign here, especially among the Good Ol' Boys Club.

Fuck off to @PurpleBaze before he reads this.
    Founders Club

Don't twist.

If we start play before November and are eligible for the CFP, then sure, damage will be minimal.

No shit. Let's cross that bridge when we get there. Like I said, it's kind of like shitting on a recruiting class in March.

We know the consequences of not playing. We are now the only major conference that's not playing. This is why we are going to be playing. And I happen to think that playing responsibly is a good thing for the Big 10 and the Pac 12, not a bad thing. That belief seems to be foreign here, especially among the Good Ol' Boys Club.
    Lol. That's a shitty analogy.

Look at a calendar. November is a month and a half away. A full training camp to meet the deadline of starting football before then would need to happen right about now.

Look down. You're on the fucking bridge.
    LIPO
    Founders Club

Don't twist.

Still guided by Science?
    Antigen tests are critical to making this work, yes.
    Founders Club

Ern you magnificent dumb fucking bastard, somewhere around half of the good old boys were done with this nonsense months ago

I've just said that if the Pac doesn't want to play then so be it. And they still don't really.

Take it to the Tug, Bannon.
    Swaye's Wigwam

Ern you magnificent dumb fucking bastard, somewhere around half of the good old boys were done with this nonsense months ago

I've just said that if the Pac doesn't want to play then so be it. And they still don't really.

Fuck off. This is football

Swaye's Wigwam

Don't twist.

Still guided by Science?
    Antigen tests are critical to making this work, yes.
    How so?
    Founders Club

Fuck off. This is football

Be better.