Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

godawgst - a Q?

insinceredawginsinceredawg Member Posts: 5,117
First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
edited May 2022 in Tug Tavern
Thoughts on the upcoming Snowflake IPO?

Comments

• godawgstgodawgst Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,405
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    No opinion. For every Amazon, FB, Google IPO that is a home run life affecting event, 100 of them go the way of the dinosaur.

Not in my wheelhouse as the metrics I use (P/E, debt ratios, etc) those companies don't have. Usually they have rocket ship sales and that's it.
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Warren Buffett is putting 550 million into the company and why that is a big number he is sitting on 130 billion in cash so it's .5% of his available capital. So for poors like me it would be the equal of 50 cents of my $100, so in effect it's a lottery ticket for him.

He also is going to get to buy his shares at the pre-established ipo price of 22 ish. Once it starts trading opening day, my guess is it will open at 28-32 and could see it getting into the high 30's/low 40's by the end of the day so he will be safely in the money.

I can't say following him isn't smart as there are 1000's of people who have done just that and became millionaires. My only advise is if you are going to do that, wait a couple of days b4 buying it to let the price settle and get established.
  • insinceredawginsinceredawg Member Posts: 5,117
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    godawgst said:

Warren Buffett is putting 550 million into the company and why that is a big number he is sitting on 130 billion in cash so it's .5% of his available capital. So for poors like me it would be the equal of 50 cents of my $100, so in effect it's a lottery ticket for him.

He also is going to get to buy his shares at the pre-established ipo price of 22 ish. Once it starts trading opening day, my guess is it will open at 28-32 and could see it getting into the high 30's/low 40's by the end of the day so he will be safely in the money.

I can't say following him isn't smart as there are 1000's of people who have done just that and became millionaires. My only advise is if you are going to do that, wait a couple of days b4 buying it to let the price settle and get established.

Sounds like the IPO price is going to be over $100
    https://www.marketwatch.com/story/cloud-company-snowflake-raises-ipo-price-range-to-100-to-110-vs-prior-75-to-85-2020-09-14
  • SourcesSources Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 3,793
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Supposedly the IPO of the year, and that's coming from people I trust for this sort of thing. That being said, you'll want for the fervor to die off before you jump in.
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Sources said:

Supposedly the IPO of the year, and that's coming from people I trust for this sort of thing. That being said, you'll want for the fervor to die off before you jump in.

godawgst said:

https://www.marketwatch.com/story/cloud-company-snowflake-raises-ipo-price-range-to-100-to-110-vs-prior-75-to-85-2020-09-14
    Not a bad day at work for the Oracle. Buy in at 22, and if the IPO range has been upped to 100-110 he will have hit a 5 bagger on paper day one.
    Swaye's Wigwam
    godawgst said:

Sources said:

godawgst said:

Not a bad day at work for the Oracle. Buy in at 22, and if the IPO range has been upped to 100-110 he will have hit a 5 bagger on paper day one.
    Or an actual 11 bagger as the stock closed at $254 and hit $320 at it's high

Revenue this year will double to approx $500 million and will lose approx $170 million on it.

As Gene Simmons used to say on his reality show "It's good to be......me"

• HoustonHuskyHoustonHusky Member Posts: 5,951
    First Anniversary First Comment Photogenic 5 Awesomes
    SNOW killed the NASDAQ...