Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

What I'm hearing ...

2»

Comments

• Pitchfork51Pitchfork51 Member Posts: 26,538
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    edited September 2020
    RedRocket said:

As a Canadian I disagree. I'm far better managing fires than all u fags

Now you identify as full Canuck. What about the Banderas de Mexico and Kokopelli dick flute avatars?
    To be fair I forgot the context of the kokpelli thing

I remember doing it but not why
  • RoadTripRoadTrip Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 7,162
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club

My only response to sales off the National forest is this: you’re injecting the government into the market. Why could go wrong?

There is a WALL of wood out there in private hands being managed by professionals. We? don’t need federal wood. At all. There is no shortage of wood, and the demand is ALWAYS met by industry supply. In fact, if you ask anyone in the timber industry, they’ll? tell you that the industry’s Achilles heel is that it is almost too good at flooding the market with supply when demand goes up. They? never enjoy high prices for very long. Typical commodity market.

We? don’t need the National forests adding more supply. It would be analogous to having the fed get into the farming business. Not necessary or advisable.

But we should be managing it.
  • creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,696
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Photogenic
    edited September 2020
    RoadTrip said:

My only response to sales off the National forest is this: you’re injecting the government into the market. Why could go wrong?

There is a WALL of wood out there in private hands being managed by professionals. We? don’t need federal wood. At all. There is no shortage of wood, and the demand is ALWAYS met by industry supply. In fact, if you ask anyone in the timber industry, they’ll? tell you that the industry’s Achilles heel is that it is almost too good at flooding the market with supply when demand goes up. They? never enjoy high prices for very long. Typical commodity market.

We? don’t need the National forests adding more supply. It would be analogous to having the fed get into the farming business. Not necessary or advisable.

Don’t disagree. Especially against disease like the pinewood beettle, which makes future massive fires in Canada a virtual certainty.
  • GoduckiesGoduckies Member Posts: 5,301
    First Comment 5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes

So they are burning the Forest in the mountains for HSR that is nowhere near there? It's better to keep your mouth shut and make us assume you are an idiot than open it and confirm it.
  • Pitchfork51Pitchfork51 Member Posts: 26,538
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker

RoadTrip said:

Don’t disagree. Especially against disease like the pinewood beettle, which makes future massive fires in Canada a virtual certainty.
    I remember my pinewood beetle fearful phase
  • creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,696
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Photogenic

Seems like a reasonable amount of burn for the increase in infrastructure and efficiency.