Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

30% of season ticket holders ask UW for their money back

godawgstgodawgst Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,405
First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
Swaye's Wigwam
55% rolled it over to 2021
15% gave it to UW as gift towards their all in fund.

Surprised this hasn't been talked about more.

That should be a defcon 10 for the UW AD. My assumption is most season ticket holders had allready paid their money by end of March when this all hit, so it would be a sunk cost for them. Also, the average person most affected by Covid employment wise is not a UW season ticket holder.

In 2014 (the year after the reopening of Husky Stadium) we had approx 40k season ticket holders. Today we are at 28k. Obviously not all of them are coming back, and bigger picture this program just came off their best 4 year stretch in 30 years that included 3 NYE 6 bowls and 2 Conf. Championships, yet the season ticket base has essentially stayed flat.

Narrative for UW football last 15 years

Build it and they will come..... nope
Win and they will come..... nope

Keep beating the drum of Greatest Setting in College Football Narrative. I'm sure Jimmy and Pete love(d) selling that when there's 40-45k in the stands as they come running out of the tunnel, or last year when they didn't have enough people to even hold the "Greatest Setting" banner a for a couple games.

Comments

• FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes
    we are worshington god damn it
  • Doog_de_JourDoog_de_Jour Member Posts: 7,955
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    While I’m sure indifference or dissatisfaction with the program could account for the refund requests, lots of people were furloughed or lost their jobs. Might’ve just been cutting expenses.
  • HuskyJWHuskyJW Guest, Member Posts: 14,161
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Why would you have season tickets?
  • Purple_PillsPurple_Pills Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 1,809
    Swaye's Wigwam

While I’m sure indifference or dissatisfaction with the program could account for the refund requests, lots of people were furloughed or lost their jobs. Might’ve just been cutting expenses.

Or in my case I just got sick and tired of politics in sports. The NBA, NHL and a few cuck MLB teams boycotting games because a violent rapist was shot by police was the last straw for me. I requested my refund that day. I will be back if the politics go away.
  • godawgstgodawgst Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,405
    Swaye's Wigwam

I am sure there was some of that but bigger issue for the AD is the let's assume 30% (I think it's closer to 50% but to be conservative) of the people for whatever reason were on the cusp of not re-upping thier tickets and this was the tipping point for them.

That's 4000 people not coming back in 2021. Multipy that by 700-1k per ticket and that's 3 million in lost revenue minimum out of your budget.
  • ReignManReignMan Member Posts: 217
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary Name Dropper 5 Up Votes
    Getting really tired of the money grab they call seat reallocation.
  • Fire_Marshall_BillFire_Marshall_Bill Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 22,715
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    In 2002 you could get really good seats for $36. With inflation maybe that's $55. Without looking, I know it's not like that now. Plus scamdemic layoffs and it's gayer than it was then.
  • kanehallkanehall Member Posts: 38
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Photogenic 5 Awesomes
    30% in the lost revenue--time for UW to start cutting sports right (?) Super shit show coming. The top brass 5% pay cut really blew me away for their generosity in the matter. Yea right.
  • huskyhooliganhuskyhooligan Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 5,041
    Swaye's Wigwam
    HuskyJW said:

Why would you have season tickets?

Because I have no life. So hurtful.
  • TommySQCTommySQC Member Posts: 5,813
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    godawgst said:

I am sure there was some of that but bigger issue for the AD is the let's assume 30% (I think it's closer to 50% but to be conservative) of the people for whatever reason were on the cusp of not re-upping thier tickets and this was the tipping point for them.

That's 4000 people not coming back in 2021. Multipy that by 700-1k per ticket and that's 3 million in lost revenue minimum out of your budget.
    all we need is for Sonic to cash in some Bitcoin and ww are BACK BABY!
  • GreenRiverGatorzGreenRiverGatorz Member Posts: 10,147
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes

Or in my case I just got sick and tired of politics in sports. The NBA, NHL and a few cuck MLB teams boycotting games because a violent rapist was shot by police was the last straw for me. I requested my refund that day. I will be back if the politics go away.