Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Comments

• RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 100,699
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    That's the thing. We? are in this together and we will die together

Oregon's big lead is gone. No warning, just gone. We? lose one of the best, allegedly, classes of all time in Washington. A couple years of guys that can now go south

The only way this worked was players dying in the SEC. Still could happen but heck of a strategy
  • dOgmasterdOgmaster Member Posts: 560
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    I threw some bones. Looks like it could be a good day for Oregon.
  • greenbloodgreenblood Member Posts: 14,272
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment Combo Breaker
    I hope for this kid's sake he chooses Arkansas. They suck, but at least he's playing for a football program.
  • DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 59,711
    Founders Club

I hope for this kid's sake he chooses Arkansas. They suck, but at least he's playing for a football program.

The late @DeLarry and I always rooted for Sark to go to Arkansas.... so we could say, "Sarkansas!"
  • NorthwestFreshNorthwestFresh Member Posts: 7,972
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment Combo Breaker

Oregon's big lead is gone. No warning, just gone. We? lose one of the best, allegedly, classes of all time in Washington. A couple years of guys that can now go south

The only way this worked was players dying in the SEC. Still could happen but heck of a strategy

Cristobal at least has a Rose Bowl win to show recruits that Oregon is still big tim. Lake has no track record to sell recruits on as a first-year coach. Sucks for him and UDub but it’s great for Oregon. Thanks PAC 12 Pussies for not playing this fall. Helps the Ducks.
    Swaye's Wigwam

Cristobal at least has a Rose Bowl win to show recruits that Oregon is still big tim. Lake has no track record to sell recruits on as a first-year coach. Sucks for him and UDub but it’s great for Oregon. Thanks PAC 12 Pussies for not playing this fall. Helps the Ducks.
    Not really

UW isn't who Cristobal needs to worry about in recruiting. Oregon is lucky Ohio State is forced out but the ACC and SEC win

I look at anyone committing to any Pac 12 school as not the kind of player I want anyway. That's not fair but that's what I think
  • greenbloodgreenblood Member Posts: 14,272
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment Combo Breaker

The Pac 12 is in a vegetative state after cancelling the fall season. Somebody just needs to pull the plug.

It will take years for the B1G to recover from the sting their recruiting is going to take over this, and that's actually a football conference. This is a death blow to the Pac 12. It's over.

Oregon and Washington for once are going to have to team up and join another conference if they want to keep any shred of football legitimacy they have left. It will take both of them, because Oregon has the marketing plan and Washington has the tradition for them to work in unison as a package deal. It will also mitigate some of the traveling issues the schools will have by switching conferences.
    Swaye's Wigwam
    JTT was looking at tSOU and Oregon besides UW so that's all equal now. Equally bad

That could keep a local kid home but what's the point? There will be something next fall too. The die has been cast

Not real positive these days on the future
  • dOgmasterdOgmaster Member Posts: 560
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Oregon is using this to their advantage as much as possible. Oregon targets kids that can enroll early. So those kids may get to go through a quasi football season assuming the PAC12 plays in winter/spring. I have heard recruits talking about how excited they are to have that opportunity. They can’t play, but they can be part of the experience. Thats making lemonade from lemons!
  • DonLemonPartyDonLemonParty Member Posts: 155
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    dOgmaster said:

Oregon is using this to their advantage as much as possible. Oregon targets kids that can enroll early. So those kids may get to go through a quasi football season assuming the PAC12 plays in winter/spring. I have heard recruits talking about how excited they are to have that opportunity. They can’t play, but they can be part of the experience. Thats making lemonade from lemons!

So you like lemonade?

DM me bruh.