Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Non-binary former Husky now coaching high school basketball

Comments

• Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited September 2020
    Bakersfield is an actual shit hole. Smells horrible. Glad Sheehee (and every other former player) has a job, but football being too much of a commitment says it all.
  • Options
    GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,481
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter

Prior to Grumble Stiltzkin, Stalin would never have written a headline such as this one.

Pretty, pretty good
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,257
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    TTJ said:

Shehee was an underrated back, sandwiched between Kaufman and Dillon. Had some injury setbacks. But if you go back and watch some of those games—like the bowl game against Michigan State—Shehee was a weapon.

I get these things confused these days but didn't he get hurt in the big shut out win over USC and we faded away until we kicked Nick Saban's ass! WOOF
  • Options
    TommySQCTommySQC Member Posts: 5,813
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    TTJ said:

Shehee was an underrated back, sandwiched between Kaufman and Dillon. Had some injury setbacks. But if you go back and watch some of those games—like the bowl game against Michigan State—Shehee was a weapon.

BYU game in Provo
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,257
    Swaye's Wigwam

TTJ said:

I get these things confused these days but didn't he get hurt in the big shut out win over USC and we faded away until we kicked Nick Saban's ass! WOOF
    Leon Neal broke his foot against USC. Rashaan Shehee broke his foot jumping out of fraternity house window and then Lambright lied about it.
    That rings a bell. I thought Neal was involved.
  • Options
    TTJTTJ Member Posts: 4,795
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    TommySQC said:

BYU game in Provo

Word. Shehee ran wild on the Mos that day.

Leon Neal broke his foot against USC. Rashaan Shehee broke his foot jumping out of fraternity house window and then Lambright lied about it.

• Options
    TommySQCTommySQC Member Posts: 5,813
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes

TTJ said:

Weird and unfortunate injury history, those two.
    Neal got minor injuries in the '91 van accident/probable suicide with 6 other redshirting frosh.
    Both looked pretty good backing up Kaufman in '94

Then Neal couldn't stay healthy and only played in 5 games in '95, but in that awful 21-21 "loss" to USC, Shehee's broken thumb was worse than Neal's broken foot, so Leon gutted out a tough 152 yards against the league's top rated run defense.

Then '96, with Shehee only playing 5 games due to hamstring and the party/balcony/foot, luckily we had Dillon who was ok with games of school-record 36 & 37 carries.
    Then '97 Shehee hurt knee in aforementioned USC game.

If healthy, they could have been really great featured backs. I'm glad both still got drafted.

Accident in Talent, OR.
  • Options
    JaWarrenJaHookerJaWarrenJaHooker Member Posts: 1,980
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Shehee got 17 carries in the 1996 Season opener at ASU...Dillon got 7. Go back and look at that game. It was a wild one .
  • Options
    Pitchfork51Pitchfork51 Member Posts: 26,583
    All husky grads are non binary
  • Options
    CFetters_Nacho_LoverCFetters_Nacho_Lover Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 28,857
    Founders Club

Shehee got 17 carries in the 1996 Season opener at ASU...Dillon got 7. Go back and look at that game. It was a wild one .

I was there. I remember my brother telling me Dillon was supposed to be a stud but then he barely played.
  • Options
    jecorneljecornel Member Posts: 9,572
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Standard Supporter
    edited September 2020
    Notre Dame mopped up the dawgs in 96’ but if I remember right Dillon getting no run until late in the game. I think he put up a 100+ yards and two tds in short time.
  • Options
    DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 59,959
    Founders Club
    jecornel said:

Notre Dame mopped up the dawgs in 96’ but if I remember right Dillon getting no run until late in the game. I think he put up a 100+ yards and two tds in short time.

Dick Baird told me that Lambo was the reason Shehee kept starting ahead of Dillon. That the rest of the coaching staff wanted Dillon to start from day one.