Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

What is your DM.com banning story?

Comments

• SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,043
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club

Because newfish @UWDawg11 decided to start a thread on doogman bannination...

Search function is extra hard.
  • SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,043
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club

Swaye said:

Because newfish @UWDawg11 decided to start a thread on doogman bannination...

Search function is extra hard.
    It takes a minute.
    It's not microwave popcorn.
  • RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 100,683
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    I didn't really appreciate the search feature at the time
  • chuckchuck Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,586
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    There's a search feature?
  • DoogerMcFarlandDoogerMcFarland Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 739
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
  • DoogerMcFarlandDoogerMcFarland Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 739
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam

UWDawg11 said:

My bad.

You should lurk around a bit and get a feel for the boards. If you have any questions feel free to shoot @IrishDawg22 a PM, because he has this place dialed in.
    Thanks. Been lurking on the recruiting board for a couple of months now I think. Didn't think the thread I posted was appropriate for that forum, so I popped over here to ask.

I was also really heated at the time of posting and the thought of looking for a previous thread wasn't top of mind.
  • PurpleBazePurpleBaze Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 29,483
    Founders Club
  • RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 100,683
    Swaye's Wigwam
  • DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 59,702
    Founders Club
    UWDawg11 said:

UWDawg11 said:

My bad.

You should lurk around a bit and get a feel for the boards. If you have any questions feel free to shoot @IrishDawg22 a PM, because he has this place dialed in.
    Thanks. Been lurking on the recruiting board for a couple of months now I think. Didn't think the thread I posted was appropriate for that forum, so I popped over here to ask.

I was also really heated at the time of posting and the thought of looking for a previous thread wasn't top of mind.
    Don't mind these fucknuts. They're just hazing you
  • GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,480
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter

UWDawg11 said:

UWDawg11 said:

My bad.

Don't mind these fucknuts. They're just hazing you
    @UWDawg11 is well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
  • dannarcdannarc Member Posts: 2,244
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Come stir the hornets nest @UWDawg11
  • creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,696
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Photogenic
    UWDawg11 said:

TommySQC said:

UWDawg11 said:

UWDawg11 said:

My bad.

"Heated"?

Wtf...are you 12?
    Would you prefer I use a different word next time? Please let me know so I can still not give a shit.
    Now you’re getting the hang of it. Not to worry. I was once sincere and eager. Even now I occasionally lapse. But then the darkness of this place comes over me and makes me right again.
  • EsophagealFecesEsophagealFeces Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 11,439
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club

Got purged back on 08 (I think it was) with the rest of the Halfbrains. Stupidly subscribed again in like 2011, which at least lead to Kim's famous "But why is Emmert a bad president???" post. Seppuku'd my way into my final ban.

So I'm cleaning out some old emails and found this in my sent box dated October 28, 2009, so apparently my original bannination was a little later than I remembered.

Kim,

I've always felt that I had a good relationship with Dawgman, perhaps even a mutual respect. I have often defended you and your site against attacks from Ruth and her followers, Basnight and his ilk, and even the Oregon and WSU fans who claim that Fetters is bumping the ratings of UW's recruits. I trust you know this to be the case.

I'm not exactly sure when it happened or specifically why, but at some point you decided you didn't like me. That's okay, I suppose, I understand I'm opinionated and opinionated people will never be liked by all. When you left the Pit I took some of your comments as aimed at me (correctly, as it turns out) and PM'ed you about it to try and understand why you felt that way, but predictably you dodged the question and never responded. Five or six weeks ago I was banned from Dawgman with no explanation. I will readily admit that I created a couple of new handles (none of them offensive or attacking) and tried to return to the boards, only to be IP banned almost immediately.

I never complained or even asked about the banning. I decided to accept it and move on.

However, two things have come to light to me in the past week that have caused me to write you. First, westsidecougar1 PM'ed me and asked me what happened. I told him I was banned and he wasn't sure why, and he said that the rumor on Dawgman is that I was banned for a racist comment? I'm sure you can understand that I found that alarming. I don't assume that this rumor came from your staff, but if that turns out to be the case that would certainly be...bothersome.

Secondly, BM told me that before the banning you called me the biggest troublemaker of them all. I will not pretend that I've never stirred the pot but I think I've done far more favorable for you and your site than negative. I've never tried any hidden link BS. I've never had an obsenity laced tirade against an admin or another poster. I've never made more than a few handfuls of posts under alternative handles. I've been a loyal defender and advocate of your site for almost a decade.

Simply put, sir, "I don't get it". I believe I deserve an explanation. How did I become Grinolds Enemy #1? What did I do that was worthy of banning that hundreds of DM.c posters don't do all the time?

Please save the references to rule 8 and the list of alternative handles, and actually answer the question. What did I do to make you hate me?

Lil Kim never responded, of course.

FTG
    Your bannination was actually the catalyst that caused my bannination. You were always one of my favorite classy poasters, and you getting banned really pissed me off. I voiced my displeasure at your banning in a less than classy manner, and received a ban of my own.