Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Why didn't the cops wrestle him to the ground!!!!

Comments

• Options
    WestlinnDuckWestlinnDuck Member Posts: 13,844
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Standard Supporter
    My Hero
    Foo Fighters

Too alarmin' now to talk about
    Take your pictures down and shake it out
    Truth or consequence, say it aloud
    Use that evidence, race it around
    There goes my hero
    Watch him as he goes
    There goes my hero
    He's ordinary
    Don't the best of them bleed it out
    While the rest of them peter out?
    Truth or consequence, say it aloud
    Use that evidence, race it around
    There goes my hero
    Watch him as he goes
    There goes my hero
  • Options
    Pitchfork51Pitchfork51 Member Posts: 26,573
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Which idiot is this one? Can't keep track
  • Options
    SFGbobSFGbob Member Posts: 31,920
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter

Which idiot is this one? Can't keep track

That's the completely innocent, didn't do nuffin Jacob Blake.
  • Options
    georgiaduckgeorgiaduck Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 1,561
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    George Floyd, Rayshan Brook and now this guy all had multiple officers trying to get him into submission. None were successful- lots of videos on youtube showing criminals getting away from a cop's grip. Why is this so hard to understand that fighting in this situation just makes it worse?
  • Options
    Standard Supporter
    edited August 2020

George Floyd, Rayshan Brook and now this guy all had multiple officers trying to get him into submission. None were successful- lots of videos on youtube showing criminals getting away from a cop's grip. Why is this so hard to understand that fighting in this situation just makes it worse?

I don't know about you but I wouldn't be too keen on getting on the ground and wrestling with a guy who is holding a knife like that.
  • Options
    SledogSledog Member Posts: 30,650
    Should have been shot sooner!
  • Options
    Standard Supporter
    Sledog said:

If he really was carrying that knife prior to getting shot the police showed restraint in not shooting him earlier.
  • Options
    Standard Supporter

A person wanted for sexual assault , violating a restraining order, carrying a knife, and wrestling with the cops gets shot. So multi millionaires are literally in tears (doc rivers) and refuse to play sports ball games and hold this guy up as a hero.

Did I miss anything?

Yes, the facts don't matter. It's all about the narrative. I hear he was trying to go to the store and get Skittles for his kids when the police profiled him for being black.
  • Options
    georgiaduckgeorgiaduck Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 1,561
    Swaye's Wigwam
    SFGbob said:

I don't know about you but I wouldn't be too keen on getting on the ground and wrestling with a guy who is holding a knife like that.
    Good point- Dude had nothing to lose.
  • Options
    Standard Supporter

SFGbob said:

Good point- Dude had nothing to lose.
    I would like to know if he really was holding a knife like that. What he has in his hand in the photo could be the car keys, but the testimony from one of the eyewitnesses was that the police were yelling at him to drop the knife before he went around the front of the car and opened up the car door. The reports that they found a knife on the floorboard of the front seat could have just been the knife he was carrying.

Bullshit that we don't have more information on this.
  • Options
    SFGbob said:

Sledog said:

If he really was carrying that knife prior to getting shot the police showed restraint in not shooting him earlier.
    It's right there in the photo.
  • Options
    Standard Supporter
    Sledog said:

SFGbob said:

Sledog said:

It's right there in the photo.
    That could be car keys. Need to get the police report. If they really were yelling "drop the knife" prior to his opening the door as he came around the front of the car, then the odds of that being a knife increase greatly.
  • Options
    GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,481
    Standard Supporter
    That pic is only conclusive if that’s what you’re looking for
  • Options
    Fenderbender123Fenderbender123 Member Posts: 2,861
    Standard Supporter
    If it's cops shooting a black person, most people on the left will immediately look for any way to blame the police, rather than step back and look at each situation individually.

I disagree with how the police handled the situation with George Floyd. I disagreed with how they handled Eric Garner several years ago, too (if I recall correctly). So I'm definitely not a blind supporter of police.

But this situation is different. It does look like a knife in his hand. There are also witness accounts that he had been wrestling with the cops, too. He also tried to get into the driver's seat of his car with his kids in there. That means the police would have to get into their cars and chase him. Do we really want children involved in a police chase? Seems dangerous. This guy had a criminal history and in this situation it looks like he had reached his "I don't give a fuck about my life anymore" mental state. People in that state of mind and who are fleeing the police should not be allowed to get in their car and drive it, especially if there are kids in there.

If you want to argue that police should be highly skillled to the point where they are able to restrain and arrest a suspect with a knife more easily without having to resort to guns, I think that's fair. But right now the police are trained the way they're trained. And from the sounds of it, they did try to restrain him non lethally, but he got away. And if he was carrying a knife, I wouldn't trust a slapjack or taser against him.

That's how I feel based on the evidence and video footage we currently have. As more facts and evidence are revealed, I might change my mind.
  • Options
    Standard Supporter

Agreed.
  • Options

Very distinctive blade shape. Not much like it you'd be toting around. But hey the cops were just out to target this particular black and murder him. What do you guys think briefings are for before shift? To hand out the hit lists!
  • Options
    HouhuskyHouhusky Member Posts: 5,537
    Hot take; It is entirely irrelevant to the outcome whether he is carrying a knife in that picture or not.

Violent felon, with a warrant, physically resists arrest, both physical restraint and tasers were attempted, he continued to a car with children in it ignoring officer orders and reached into the vehicle.

Thats enough...

Whether there is a knife in his hand, a gun in the car or not, or he was just going to flee police in a car that was not his with children in the backseat doesnt change the fact that his actions, by themselves, are going to result in a justifiable shooting 9 times out of 10.