Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Am I the only one who doesn't find Kevin Hart funny?

Shit, they're plastering him all over these NBA playoffs and that spoof he does of the TNT postgame show is way more embarrassing than funny.

Comments

• JaWarrenJaHookerJaWarrenJaHooker Member Posts: 1,979
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    one of his first hour long specials about 5-6 years ago was pretty good. He's been shitty ever since.
  • allpurpleallgoldallpurpleallgold Member Posts: 8,771
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    He's never made me laugh. Not once.
  • QuornDawgQuornDawg Member Posts: 1,160
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    you're not the only one
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,453
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment blah

Shit, they're plastering him all over these NBA playoffs and that spoof he does of the TNT postgame show is way more embarrassing than funny.

Does every one of your posts have to be about blacks?
  • Fire_Marshall_BillFire_Marshall_Bill Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 22,715
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    edited May 2014

one of his first hour long specials about 5-6 years ago was pretty good. He's been shitty ever since.

He had a Shaq comedy special from All Star weekend in 2009 or 2010 that was hilarious. He's over exposed now. He found his niche though. I'm not even trying to be an asshole, there is a market for horrible black comedy. See the Tyler Perry empire for further proof.

My guilty white Seattle liberal friend makes a huge effort to watch a lot of that shit. I've never actually done it, but I've been tempted about 45,000 times to ask him if he genuinely enjoys most of it, or if he's doing it just broaden his horizons, seek out different cultures, and all the other tired cliches. Since he'd get extremely pissy and defensive, I haven't and probably won't.

Chris Rock and Dave Chapelle are both pretty good (but not in the top 5% of comedians). I have watched their shows and stand-up...because it's actually of quality. The guy who died and had his own show was okay...and Steve Harvey is good on Family Feud (yes, I said it), but that's it. The rest just fucking suck.
  • RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam

He had a Shaq comedy special from All Star weekend in 2009 or 2010 that was hilarious. He's over exposed now. He found his niche though. I'm not even trying to be an asshole, there is a market for horrible black comedy. See the Tyler Perry empire for further proof.

My guilty white Seattle liberal friend makes a huge effort to watch a lot of that shit. I've never actually done it, but I've been tempted about 45,000 times to ask him if he genuinely enjoys most of it, or if he's doing it just broaden his horizons, seek out different cultures, and all the other tired cliches. Since he'd get extremely pissy and defensive, I haven't and probably won't.

Chris Rock and Dave Chapelle are both pretty good (but not in the top 5% of comedians). I have watched their shows and stand-up...because it's actually of quality. The guy who died and had his own show was okay...and Steve Harvey is good on Family Feud (yes, I said it), but that's it. The rest just fucking suck.
    Chappelle and Chris Rock are both great. They are about as good as it gets for comedians. I think Rock is a better stand up, but Chappelle Show is better than any movie/tv show Chris Rock has ever done. Cedric the Entertainer isn't the funniest, but he's got a good show. He has a funk band backing him up, and he's one of the those dudes with crazy talent. Chris Tucker and Eddie Griffin are pretty funny too. I disagree about Steve Harvey. I hate that guy, and Mr. Peterman was a way better Family Feud host.
  • HeretoBeatmyChestHeretoBeatmyChest Member Posts: 4,295
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment
    Kevin Hart is not funny, he's annoying.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,453
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment blah
    For being so hilarious I've always wondered why Chris Rock could never produce a funny movie or T.V. Show. Even Chappelle has Half Baked.

I mean look at this shit. Other than playing a talking zebra it's all pure garbage.

http://www.rottentomatoes.com/celebrity/chris_rock/
  • unfrozencavemanunfrozencaveman Member Posts: 2,303
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment
    Kevin Hart not even on the radar

Chappelle would be top of the list for black comedians - smart material. I have no idea wtf happened when he ran from that Comedy Central contract...crazy stories

Chris Rock funny back in the day through SNL, but his stand-up is stale now. Good stuff from the early days (I'm Gonna Git You Sucka - 1988):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KNQRqAoT-2c
  • dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

For being so hilarious I've always wondered why Chris Rock could never produce a funny movie or T.V. Show. Even Chappelle has Half Baked.

I mean look at this shit. Other than playing a talking zebra it's all pure garbage.

http://www.rottentomatoes.com/celebrity/chris_rock/

Rock's show at least gave us this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uj0mtxXEGE8

Overall I agree though, Rock's my favorite black standup act, but Chappelle show puts Chappelle on top overall IMO.

• CFetters_Nacho_LoverCFetters_Nacho_Lover Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 28,708
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club

Kevin Hart not even on the radar

Chappelle would be top of the list for black comedians - smart material. I have no idea wtf happened when he ran from that Comedy Central contract...crazy stories

Chris Rock funny back in the day through SNL, but his stand-up is stale now. Good stuff from the early days (I'm Gonna Git You Sucka - 1988):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KNQRqAoT-2c

I fucking love this scene but I think it's highly underrated or just unknown.
  • 1to392831weretaken1to392831weretaken Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 7,280
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Chappelle's post-TV show standup is some of the best I've seen. I remember really liking peak Chris Rock's stuff, too.

I agree Kevin Hart isn't on the same level, but this shit right here had me laughing like crazy:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aMmX-n1YGlA
  • BleachedAnusDawgBleachedAnusDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,386
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    How are you all gonna leave out Eddie Murphy when talking comedy?
  • animateanimate Member Posts: 4,230
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    hart isnt that funny but hes worth some two hundred fucking million dollars. hes doing something right.