Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Emeka Egbuka, 2021 5* WR, Steilacoom (Steilacoom HS), WA (Offered 10/20/18)

Comments

• CallMeBigErnCallMeBigErn Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 3,856
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Founders Club

TommySQC said:

dnc said:
    Grim reality
    Cordwood in Norman.

• dirtysouwfdawgdirtysouwfdawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 11,701
    5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes First Anniversary
    Swaye's Wigwam

TommySQC said:

dnc said:
    Grim reality
    Cordwood in Norman.

Wood
  • chuckchuck Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,586
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam

chuck said:

The shit show hasn't even begun yet.

I'm not worried about the players or coaches, students, instructors, or anyone else involved. IDGAF if they all get sick. Keep them isolated and play anyways. These outbreaks are eventually going to hit every school, or at least enough of them, and I'll be amazed if football gets played. Maybe one or two weekends will happen before a forced stop.

Or people realize a positive test isn't a death sentence and kids get sick every year.
    Irrelevant, as I've expressed before and as you well know. I doubt many, if any, football players or typical age students will have severe or deadly outcomes from Covid.
    Colleges aren't going to allow themselves, nor would they be allowed if they so chose, to be hot beds or reservoirs of infection and that's what is coming.

Throw in the attitude many athletes already have about being protected, how they are going to react when a bunch of them catch it and some get sick, and how admin and especially the media are going to react, and it's hard for me to picture thua working out.

I'm just forecasting. I want them to play and will gladly resubmit my idea to place a camera, screen and speaker in the seat of every ticket holder and quarantine the teams for the whole season so they either don't catch it or just don't spread it.
  • BreadBread Member Posts: 3,967
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Should we be concerned it is the WR group out at Oklahoma and Riley will convince Emeka to graduate early to play this season at OU?
  • RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 100,696
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    chuck said:

chuck said:

I'm not worried about the players or coaches, students, instructors, or anyone else involved. IDGAF if they all get sick. Keep them isolated and play anyways. These outbreaks are eventually going to hit every school, or at least enough of them, and I'll be amazed if football gets played. Maybe one or two weekends will happen before a forced stop.

Or people realize a positive test isn't a death sentence and kids get sick every year.
    Irrelevant, as I've expressed before and as you well know. I doubt many, if any, football players or typical age students will have severe or deadly outcomes from Covid.
    Colleges aren't going to allow themselves, nor would they be allowed if they so chose, to be hot beds or reservoirs of infection and that's what is coming.

Throw in the attitude many athletes already have about being protected, how they are going to react when a bunch of them catch it and some get sick, and how admin and especially the media are going to react, and it's hard for me to picture thua working out.

I'm just forecasting. I want them to play and will gladly resubmit my idea to place a camera, screen and speaker in the seat of every ticket holder and quarantine the teams for the whole season so they either don't catch it or just don't spread it.
    I think the Pac 12 would cave at the first positive test so they made the right call for them

The three that are playing have already decided they won't

I've accepted this.
  • chuckchuck Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,586
    Swaye's Wigwam

chuck said:

chuck said:

I think the Pac 12 would cave at the first positive test so they made the right call for them

I've accepted this.
    I think they'll cave. There will be a shit ton more pressure than there was on the Pac 12 (was there any?) after cases pile up..

I'm poor though so I'm only betting my pride.
    Swaye's Wigwam
    chuck said:

chuck said:

chuck said:

I've accepted this.
    I think they'll cave. There will be a shit ton more pressure than there was on the Pac 12 (was there any?) after cases pile up..

Oklahoma doesn't seem concerned about an entire position group testing positive

I think the pressure is to play. I could be wrong

The B1G has had some grumbling by players and parents. Haven't heard much out here. With 4 teams in California the Pac is in a tough spot to even practice
  • CallMeBigErnCallMeBigErn Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 3,856
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Founders Club
    animate said:

If the research claim that covid-19 affected individuals have exhibited residual and permanent cardiovascular damage ... that's actually fucking scary.

also fucking scary for the ncaa and the schools because someone (the lawyers) is/are monitoring this closely.

A student athlete that's been covid'ed and then allowed to play after - has a cardiovascular incident on or off the field - lawsuits are going to fly and it's going to be expensive and extensive.

The school/ncaa lawyers have all been sitting in the back of the room with their hands/arms crossed and thinking the legal long game.

hell, a player doesn't even have to have a documented positive covid-19 test and the lawyers are going to be all over this.

• whatshouldicareaboutwhatshouldicareabout Member Posts: 12,428

chuck said:

chuck said:

chuck said:

I've accepted this.

The B1G has had some grumbling by players and parents. Haven't heard much out here. With 4 teams in California the Pac is in a tough spot to even practice
    Probably because the players already quit before the conference, demanding a 50/50 split in July.

The conference isn't in any rush to go forward with a season, not until they have a plan of attack (spoilers: they won't)
  • TommySQCTommySQC Member Posts: 5,813

chuck said:

chuck said:

chuck said:

I've accepted this.

Probably because the players already quit before the conference, demanding a 50/50 split in July.

The conference isn't in any rush to go forward with a season, not until they have a plan of attack (spoilers: they won't)
    Only people hanging on to the last strings of nostalgia think it can come back. It's dead forever.

Too bad. Cfb had a good run.
  • dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    TommySQC said:

chuck said:

chuck said:

chuck said:

I've accepted this.

Only people hanging on to the last strings of nostalgia think it can come back. It's dead forever.

It will be back. It makes too much money not too.

It will never be the same. But it will be back in some form.
  • FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes
    dnc said:

TommySQC said:

chuck said:

chuck said:

chuck said:

I've accepted this.

So much optimism
  • animateanimate Member Posts: 4,230
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    FireCohen said:

dnc said:

TommySQC said:

chuck said:

chuck said:

chuck said:

I've accepted this.

So much optimism
    i've recently watched new jack city.

Swaye's Wigwam
  • EmotermanEmoterman Member Posts: 3,333

TommySQC said:

dnc said:
    Grim reality
    Cordwood in Norman.

Wood

Mother disagrees.
  • EmotermanEmoterman Member Posts: 3,333
    edited August 2020
    chuck said:

chuck said:

chuck said:

I've accepted this.

If the O/U as always is 5 games/weeks played, I'll take the under with the stakes of a Wam membership, or 0.087276865783017 ₿ if @sonics1993 is feeling froggy.
  • MotrboatnsobMotrboatnsob Member Posts: 424
    First Anniversary Name Dropper 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Whats Huffman saying about EE’s visits?
  • AtomicDawgAtomicDawg Member Posts: 6,957
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes

11/10. Could really see himself there. Great family atmosphere and the coaches care about you as a person. Not just football.
  • bananasnblondesbananasnblondes Member Posts: 14,876
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter

Doesn't really need to visit tOSU again. He's been out there several times. Loves the head coach.
    Really wants to visit Oklahoma. Loves their QB recruit and coaches.
    There's a local school still in the mix too. Their WR coach is a pretty nice guy.