Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Comments

• RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    An 18 year old kid from Canada did not open a store by himself in NY without loads of family money, but still.

On a side note, I remember record shop stores closing because of Covid shutdowns and I thought they could stay open if they just completely shifted online. The kid says as much in the article in that his sales weren’t affected too much.
  • GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,480
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter

An 18 year old kid from Canada did not open a store by himself in NY without loads of family money, but still.

On a side note, I remember record shop stores closing because of Covid shutdowns and I thought they could stay open if they just completely shifted online. The kid says as much in the article in that his sales weren’t affected too much.

Most record stores keep a Discogs.com storefront behind the counter. Pretty common really, not a big deal.
  • YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 33,796
    Swaye's Wigwam

Most record stores keep a Discogs.com storefront behind the counter. Pretty common really, not a big deal.
    My close fren who’s into @GrundleStiltzkin musik BTW prolly dropped $4k on vinyl from various stores selling rare stuff on IG or Discogs.
  • BasemanBaseman Member Posts: 12,365

My close fren who’s into @GrundleStiltzkin musik BTW prolly dropped $4k on vinyl from various stores selling rare stuff on IG or Discogs.
    $4k? what kind of titles?
  • GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,480
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    Baseman said:

It’s not hard. I’ve sold multiple electronic titles above $50. UK import DnB for instance, obscure shit that wasn’t pressed much to begin with, sell $25 - $40 titles all day long.
  • YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 33,796
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Baseman said:

Super rare soul, jazz, blues, funk, etc