Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Oregon State women's soccer making an impact off-the-pitch to fight systemic racism

Comments

• BendintheriverBendintheriver Member Posts: 5,837 Standard Supporter
    Who determines who has systemic racism?
  • MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member Posts: 37,781

Who determines who has systemic racism?

The system.
    And the institutes
  • MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member Posts: 37,781
    Stunning and brave
  • WestlinnDuckWestlinnDuck Member Posts: 15,008 Standard Supporter
    Good to know that the Beavs are acknowledging their systemic racism. Getting a college scholarship sure seems to be a prime example of racism to me.

"Amongst those leading the efforts include women’s soccer defender Maddy Ellsworth, who shared her experiences with systemic racism on the Talkin’ Beavers podcast in July. Ellsworth and midfielder Skylar Herrera have been at the forefront of making sure Black Lives Matter conversations continue with the soccer season halted."
  • doogiedoogie Member Posts: 15,072
    Courage would be giving up the Priviledge Scholarship you are no longer earning to an underprivileged youth
    I hate this politically correct BS. Of course real commitment and courage would be to shame yourself, give your schollie to a POC and then join a convent and repent for your sins. But this is just feel good Kabuki theater that ignores the real issues facing the black community and also the violence and communism behind the curtain of BLM and antifa.
  • doogiedoogie Member Posts: 15,072
    I don’t hate
  • HustlinOwlHustlinOwl Member Posts: 953

I hate this politically correct BS. Of course real commitment and courage would be to shame yourself, give your schollie to a POC and then join a convent and repent for your sins. But this is just feel good Kabuki theater that ignores the real issues facing the black community and also the violence and communism behind the curtain of BLM and antifa.

There's your answer folks. If you think their is a widespread racism then just join a convent. Stupid phuck.
    You missed the point dodo (big phucking surprise). I think if you feel guilt over your part in systemic racism, like not renting to section 8 renters, then you should do something real to repent. Not just have a kumbaya moment and then do nothing.
  • Pitchfork51Pitchfork51 Member Posts: 26,851

You missed the point dodo (big phucking surprise). I think if you feel guilt over your part in systemic racism, like not renting to section 8 renters, then you should do something real to repent. Not just have a kumbaya moment and then do nothing.

What if you feel absolutely no guilt at all over it
    That's the boat I'm in. I had nothing to do with the death of George Floyd. Furthermore, there is nothing I can do about it. And it ain't silence that's the problem. It's illegitimacy and a culture that resists education and tolerates immense levels of drugs alcohol and crime. If reading to my kids is a sign of white privilege that I'm supposed to apologize for, then phuck that sh*t.
  • SledogSledog Member Posts: 33,086 Standard Supporter
    Zero guilt here!
  • PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 43,526 Standard Supporter

Nice

Beavers

Some nice Sara Jean Underwood pics in the WAM
  • SFGbobSFGbob Member Posts: 31,942

That's the boat I'm in. I had nothing to do with the death of George Floyd. Furthermore, there is nothing I can do about it. And it ain't silence that's the problem. It's illegitimacy and a culture that resists education and tolerates immense levels of drugs alcohol and crime. If reading to my kids is a sign of white privilege that I'm supposed to apologize for, then phuck that sh*t.

Did they finally uncover the evidence that Floyd's death was caused by racism?