Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

What SEC school will our recruits end up at?

Comments

• Options
    TTJTTJ Member Posts: 4,795
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

What's funny about this, is the PAC 12 loses no matter what. If these other conferences play, it will decimate the Pac 12. If they don't, they can always say they at least tried, which isn't as devastating, but still hurts the Pac 12. There is no reward for being first in this case.

Nobody loses as well as the PAC 12.

Among P5 leagues, B1G was first. Are they not serious enough about football? I don't think the B1G or the P12 is too concerned how they'll look when SEC linemen with BMIs in the 40s and co-morbs start landing in the ICU.
  • Options
    Doog_de_JourDoog_de_Jour Member Posts: 7,958
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter

TTJ said:
    UNC just isn't serious about football.
    They have a football team????
  • Options
    greenbloodgreenblood Member Posts: 14,277
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment Combo Breaker
    TTJ said:

What's funny about this, is the PAC 12 loses no matter what. If these other conferences play, it will decimate the Pac 12. If they don't, they can always say they at least tried, which isn't as devastating, but still hurts the Pac 12. There is no reward for being first in this case.

Nobody loses as well as the PAC 12.

Among P5 leagues, B1G was first. Are they not serious enough about football? I don't think the B1G or the P12 is too concerned how they'll look when SEC linemen with BMIs in the 40s and co-morbs start landing in the ICU.
    B1G's reputation was good before this, so they wouldn't have been hurt as bad. The PAC 12 already has a soft persona, and this only strengthens it. There will be a few kids that get severely sick, but not enough for anyone outside of the media to made a huge deal over it. The PAC 12 would have been better to wait it out a couple more weeks before making the decision final. Now they open themselves up for transfers.
  • Options
    TTJTTJ Member Posts: 4,795
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

B1G's reputation was good before this, so they wouldn't have been hurt as bad. The PAC 12 already has a soft persona, and this only strengthens it. There will be a few kids that get severely sick, but not enough for anyone outside of the media to made a huge deal over it. The PAC 12 would have been better to wait it out a couple more weeks before making the decision final. Now they open themselves up for transfers.

Thus spoke greenblood.

• Options
    edited August 2020
    TTJ said:

Thus spoke greenblood.

Get butthurt all you want, but in the end this might be a good thing. Washington, Oregon, USC, UCLA, Arizona, and ASU can join the Big12 and create the first super conference. The S16?

Stanford will go independent.

To Cal, WSU, Oregon St., Utah, and Colorado. Play stupid games, win stupid prizes.
  • Options
    CallMeBigErnCallMeBigErn Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 3,978
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Founders Club

TTJ said:

Thus spoke greenblood.

Get butthurt all you want, but in the end this might be a good thing. Washington, Oregon, USC, UCLA, Arizona, and ASU can join the Big12 and create the first super conference. The S16?

To Cal, WSU, Oregon St., Utah, and Colorado. Play stupid games, win stupid prizes.
    Sometimes I mutter to myself, "Why am I reading this Duck's posts?"
  • Options

TTJ said:

Thus spoke greenblood.

Sometimes I mutter to myself, "Why am I reading this Duck's posts?"
    Because you can’t quit me
  • Options
    SourcesSources Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 3,803
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
  • Options
    Founders Club
    TommySQC said:

If these 3 conferences play this fall, there's going to be huge outbreaks, gigantic clusterfucks, and the PAC and Big 10 will look good in hindsight. This is not bad for the PAC. In fact, it is good. LIPO and let's play in spring.

Go Hawks.

Please
    Screenshotted. It's already begun.
  • Options
    Founders Club

If these 3 conferences play this fall, there's going to be huge outbreaks, gigantic clusterfucks, and the PAC and Big 10 will look good in hindsight. This is not bad for the PAC. In fact, it is good. LIPO and let's play in spring.

Go Hawks.

I said later that I was wrong. Forgive me. I thought the antigen testing was going to keep things running smoothly, but because of contact tracing, nah.

I was right about it being a clusterfuck.