Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Mark Nabou, 2022 3* OL, Seattle (O'Dea), WA (mutually parted ways)

Comments

• LesGrossmanLesGrossman Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 1,473
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    dnc said:

I mean we've already offered five of them (four of them months ago) so there's some reason for optimism.

We were early on every one and first on a few IIRC.

Yeah, but still
  • RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam

Some of the 2022 guys will lose their shine. I’m all for getting in-State lineman but not at the expense of missing out on other good ones.

I remember back when everybody was excited about Bailey Elder when he was a sophomore.
    These guys all have early offers, so it’s better than that, but I guarantee there are at least 2 of them that will be meh recruits or guys we eventually pass on.
  • GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,480
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    Dardanus said:

Nothing changed with me. Just got call from FRANNY 5 minutes ago and told me I was to show up in Maltby. If dad has stuff to do have him leave with you. I'll have Anna take me and Dad can leave with you. I would prefer u and dad leave together. I'll ask Anna. Shouldn't be a problem. If she can't I'll let you know

This just makes me sad.
  • DoogCouricsDoogCourics Member Posts: 5,739
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Melinda says he spoke with someone this weekend who told him it’s just a matter of time before he commits to UW.
  • UDubHusky23UDubHusky23 Member Posts: 889
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    NICE! We still going to have room for the rest? Connerly, Agbo, Ioane and Iuli if they wanna come?
  • dirtysouwfdawgdirtysouwfdawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 11,701
    5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes First Anniversary
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Conerly and one of the others.
  • bluechipuwrecruitsbluechipuwrecruits Member Posts: 394
    Roof compared him to Jackson Kirkland saying that 3 stars do not matter. Per usual.
  • Edwin_BambinoEdwin_Bambino Member Posts: 2,942
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes

NICE! We still going to have room for the rest? Connerly, Agbo, Ioane and Iuli if they wanna come?
    I have no idea if this kid is good or not but from my 10,000 feet view with no actually recruit video review or insider sources - this plus the Arizona OL commitment tells me they don’t think they are getting more than 1 or 2 of the above guys that you mentioned. Based on looking at the offer lists of all of the kids seems like Huff might not be having his best year.

Offer lists aren’t the end all be all, and if Connerly and Agbo are the two who commit I won’t be complaining. Also happy to have someone who spends time watching OL Hudl’s tell me I’m wrong and tell me why this kid or the AZ kid are better than some of the aforementioned players but that’s kind of where I’m at.
  • chuckchuck Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,586
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam

Roof compared him to Jackson Kirkland saying that 3 stars do not matter. Per usual.

UW 3* equal most others's 5*. It's well established. Remember the Will Disslys's and Stan Emptermans's? Proof is proof.
  • louism2washlouism2wash Member Posts: 330
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    If he's actually 6-4 and 300+ then he moves really well for his size. Shows good bend and power.
  • TTJTTJ Member Posts: 4,795
    So here’s the question: Would you take six OL in the ‘22 class?
  • RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 100,699
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    TTJ said:

Bumper crop?

• chuckchuck Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,586
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    TTJ said:

I suppose a few will portal, so,....maybe? I wouldn't like it normally. Mass defections can happen now, but even so isn't the portal the way to address that rather than repeatedly overstocking with underclassmen OL who are worthless for 2-3 years?

To me it seems like the OL is one group where you really want to find a balance between classes and keep as much continuity as you can. Feeding and training those big fuckers for two years then gifting that investment to some other team would bug me.

There are still aspects to player management with the portal that I'm not sure about.
  • haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 20,350
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    chuck said:

TTJ said:

I suppose a few will portal, so,....maybe? I wouldn't like it normally. Mass defections can happen now, but even so isn't the portal the way to address that rather than repeatedly overstocking with underclassmen OL who are worthless for 2-3 years?

To me it seems like the OL is one group where you really want to find a balance between classes and keep as much continuity as you can. Feeding and training those big fuckers for two years then gifting that investment to some other team would bug me.

There are still aspects to player management with the portal that I'm not sure about.
    We want to be motherfucking Wisconsin so it doesn't surprise me at all that we're loading up on OL, hemorrhaging skill players every year, and have a "stable" of like 9 rb's looking for that miracle workhorse.
  • TTJTTJ Member Posts: 4,795
    chuck said:

TTJ said:

This is the right answer. I think.
  • TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,800
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs

I have no idea if this kid is good or not but from my 10,000 feet view with no actually recruit video review or insider sources - this plus the Arizona OL commitment tells me they don’t think they are getting more than 1 or 2 of the above guys that you mentioned. Based on looking at the offer lists of all of the kids seems like Huff might not be having his best year.

Offer lists aren’t the end all be all, and if Connerly and Agbo are the two who commit I won’t be complaining. Also happy to have someone who spends time watching OL Hudl’s tell me I’m wrong and tell me why this kid or the AZ kid are better than some of the aforementioned players but that’s kind of where I’m at.
    His film is like watching The Blind Side movie ... he’s just scratching the surface of his abilities

Between Socha’s rhino cum and Huff’s teaching ... he should be good