Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Anyone Watching the NBA?

RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
Swaye's Wigwam
I tried, but these games without fans are like Summer League. Maybe the playoffs will be better, but after the layoff, I don’t care.

Comments

• BleachedAnusDawgBleachedAnusDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,379
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    Nope. Don't care to watch a bunch of BLM activists who are actively supporting China over America. No, I can't separate those things out because the future of America is much more important than watching a bunch of whiny, entitled shitheads. Haven't looked back since the Sonics left town, and I was a pretty dedicated fan who went to 10+ games a year with what little money I had.
  • Doog_de_JourDoog_de_Jour Member Posts: 7,955
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    I hear the WNBA is where it is at!
  • GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,480
    Standard Supporter
    The PLL 20 game season was more entertaining than I'd expected. The craziest shit was a 5 minute screen-inset interview with Method Man, talking Long Island lacrosse glory days.
  • UW_Doog_BotUW_Doog_Bot Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 14,093
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Refusing to watch the Marxist supporting NBA millionaires.
  • RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    Swaye's Wigwam

Nope. Don't care to watch a bunch of BLM activists who are actively supporting China over America. No, I can't separate those things out because the future of America is much more important than watching a bunch of whiny, entitled shitheads. Haven't looked back since the Sonics left town, and I was a pretty dedicated fan who went to 10+ games a year with what little money I had.

I can look past the political shit and China. Not hard to understand why they cater to China and most people would do the same.
  • RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 100,680
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    I'm back to waiting for the playoffs

I watched the Lakers beat the Clips then tried a couple other games but no

I really think it being August and no fans is more of a factor than the political bullshit. I'll watch regardless but its hard to get up for it with nothing on the line.

I did watch Toronto crush the Lakers for the second time this year. Toronto is dangerous.
  • RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 100,680
    Swaye's Wigwam

I can look past the political shit and China. Not hard to understand why they cater to China and most people would do the same.
    I think its good to call them on it though

You want to be a justice warrior where everyone applauds you for hating Trump but you can't risk the Benjamins? How is that any different than the folks they hate?
    Standard Supporter

The PLL 20 game season was more entertaining than I'd expected. The craziest shit was a 5 minute screen-inset interview with Method Man, talking Long Island lacrosse glory days.

Method Man likes and knows lacrosse?

Told a story about going in penalty box, then coming out with a full head of steam to take out the other kid again, and got tossed. It was entertaining.
  • dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614

Method Man likes and knows lacrosse?
    It's fairly big in the northeast so it's not cumpletely unfathomable. Butt still, it's not exactly a sport for the BCOP in BICOP.
  • RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    Swaye's Wigwam

You want to be a justice warrior where everyone applauds you for hating Trump but you can't risk the Benjamins? How is that any different than the folks they hate?
    Completely agree. Just when they are actually playing, I’m not really thinking about it. It’s still basketball.
  • greenbloodgreenblood Member Posts: 14,272
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment Combo Breaker
    NBA? What's that?
    Standard Supporter

NBA? What's that?

• UW_Doog_BotUW_Doog_Bot Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 14,093
    Swaye's Wigwam

Yeah, nah, when the entire court and jersey's are dedicated to BLM while also blatantly running cover for a regime that you know, actually murders people in the millions and has organ farm concentration camps, I can't separate it.

Even if the bundisliga was amazing during 1938 I think I wouldn't have watched.
  • BleachedAnusDawgBleachedAnusDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,379
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club

Completely agree. Just when they are actually playing, I’m not really thinking about it. It’s still basketball.
    They want to run around with SJW messages on their uniforms and BLM on the court. No thanks. Can't get me to even tune in in the first place anymore.
  • FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes
    get into gambling in order to make this shit interesting
  • DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 59,702
    Founders Club
    I haven't watched an NBA game since 2008
  • GladstoneGladstone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 16,417
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    low key hyped for the play-in game tomorrow. hard not to love dame at this point.

• doogiedoogie Member Posts: 15,072
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    I clicked on this bored, does that count?