Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

This Day in Music August 7

1942 - B.J. Thomas
B.J. Thomas, American singer. His 1966, album with The Triumphs I'm So Lonesome I Could Cry sold over one million copies. He is best known for his version of the Burt Bacharach/Hal David song 'Raindrops Keep Fallin' on My Head', which was featured in the 1969 film Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid. In 1975 he scored the US Country No.1 '(Hey Won't You Play) Another Somebody Done Somebody Wrong Song.'

1945 - Kerry Chater
Kerry Chater, Gary Puckett and the Union Gap who had the 1968 UK No.1 & UK No.2 single 'Young Girl' as well as the hits 'Woman, Woman', 'Over You' and 'Lady Willpower.'

1958 - Bruce Dickinson
Bruce Dickinson, singer, songwriter, airline pilot, entrepreneur with English heavy metal band Iron Maiden, who had the 1982 UK No.1 album The Number Of The Beast, and the 1991 UK No.1 single 'Bring Your Daughter ...To The Slaughter'. Iron Maiden have sold over 100 million copies of their albums worldwide.

1960 - Jacqui O'Sullivan
Jacqui O'Sullivan, singer who joined British female pop group Bananarama in 1988. She sang on the hits 'I Want You Back' and 'Nathan Jones'.

1954 - Johnny Cash
Johnny Cash married Vivian Liberto at St Ann's Catholic Church in Memphis. Cash had plans of becoming a Memphis appliance salesman, he instead formed a band with Luther Perkins and Marshall Grant, and was signed to Sun Records a year later.

1965 - Peter Noone
Herman's Hermits went to No.1 on the US singles chart with 'I'm Henry VIII I Am'. The single was only released in the US. Singer Peter Noone once interviewed Elvis Presley for UK music paper New Musical Express.

1976 - Elton John
Elton John and Kiki Dee were at No.1 on the US singles chart with 'Don't Go Breaking My Heart', giving Elton his sixth US No.1. It was written by Elton John with Bernie Taupin under the pseudonym "Ann Orson" and "Carte Blanche."

1982 - Dexy's Midnight Runners
Dexy's Midnight Runners were at No.1 on the UK singles chart with 'Come On Eileen' their second and last No.1. It was the Best-selling single of 1982 and the song won Best British Single at the 1983 Brit Awards. The "Eileen" as featured in the video is Máire Fahey, sister of Siobhan Fahey, former singer with Bananarama and Shakespears Sister. The American singer Johnnie Ray, mentioned in the opening lyrics, was also featured in the video using old film footage.

1982 - Fleetwood Mac
Fleetwood Mac started a five-week run at No.1 on the US album chart with 'Mirage'. The bands third US No.1. album.

2014 - Ed Sheeran
Ed Sheeran was at No.1 on the UK album chart with his second studio album X. The album has been certified 10x platinum in the UK with sales of over 3 million copies, making it the third best-selling album of the 2010s and one of the best selling albums in the history of the UK.

Comments