Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Turns out sabotaging the USPS is not popular

https://apnews.com/a291ebc31c5638aa5a9adafc2ff2b430

And 84 House members — including four Republicans — signed yet another letter blasting the changes and urging an immediate reversal.

“This action, if not rescinded, will negatively impact mail delivery for Montanans and unacceptably increase the risk of late prescriptions, commercial products or bill delivery,″ Daines said Thursday in a letter to Postmaster General Louis DeJoy.

“Delaying mail service is unacceptable,” Gianforte wrote to DeJoy. “Do not continue down this road.”

Comments

• doogiedoogie Member Posts: 15,072
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Sounds like some folks might be ready to switch to UPS, FedEx and Amazon for their deliveries
  • BendintheriverBendintheriver Member Posts: 5,255
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    I have relatives who worked for the USPS. The stories about supervisors and workers sleeping on the job then waking up to work overtime and double pay are legendary. One relative worked with 6 women on the graveyard shift. He was the only pale face and male. All six slept as soon as they got to work at midnight. The supervisors would walk right past them and not even bother to wake them up. They all woke up and worked 4 hours of overtime after their shift. Happened all the time.p

The USPS needs some management. A responsible person gets in the leadership position, demands change and right on cue the rats worried about losing their corrupt mail in voting potential, ignore the bankrupt organization that costs 3X more than it should and bitch.
  • GreenRiverGatorzGreenRiverGatorz Member Posts: 10,147
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes

I have relatives who worked for the USPS. The stories about supervisors and workers sleeping on the job then waking up to work overtime and double pay are legendary. One relative worked with 6 women on the graveyard shift. He was the only pale face and male. All six slept as soon as they got to work at midnight. The supervisors would walk right past them and not even bother to wake them up. They all woke up and worked 4 hours of overtime after their shift. Happened all the time.p

The USPS needs some management. A responsible person gets in the leadership position, demands change and right on cue the rats worried about losing their corrupt mail in voting potential, ignore the bankrupt organization that costs 3X more than it should and bitch.

Sounds like most limp dick government agencies. Live in a metro area with low cost delivery via prime or any of the big shipping companies? Yeah, the USPS isn't all that critical. Live in a part of butt fuck nowhere where FedEx doesn't even have a map of your zip code? The USPS is a lifeline.
    If you live where FedEx/UPS or Amazon won’t go, you should die in peace , alone, just like you Planned it.
  • WestlinnDuckWestlinnDuck Member Posts: 13,701
    Standard Supporter
    Even in the middle of buttphuck nowhere you still don't need daily mail. Deliver on Monday, Wednesday and Friday. If it is important, use next day or this thing called email.
    Monday, Thursday
  • HHuskyHHusky Member Posts: 18,954
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

Even in the middle of buttphuck nowhere you still don't need daily mail. Deliver on Monday, Wednesday and Friday. If it is important, use next day or this thing called email.

Gasbag says "Fuck the hicks!", i.e., fuck Daddy's base.
  • GreenRiverGatorzGreenRiverGatorz Member Posts: 10,147
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes

Sounds alright to me, and if that's what the USPS has to do to stay financial self-sufficient then so be it. But something tells me that that won't be a political winner in rural America.
  • NorthwestFreshNorthwestFresh Member Posts: 7,972
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment Combo Breaker
    HHusky said:

Gasbag says "Fuck the hicks!", i.e., fuck Daddy's base.
    Getting mail every day is a Constitutional right.
  • RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 100,726
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    The concern for rural Americans shows through the comment of calling them hicks and Trumptrash

Why do we? care what happens to flyover country? They take the money from the coastal elite states as it is.
  • HHuskyHHusky Member Posts: 18,954
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

The concern for rural Americans shows through the comment of calling them hicks and Trumptrash

Why do we? care what happens to flyover country? They take the money from the coastal elite states as it is.

Agreed. High time they were disenfranchised.
  • GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,480
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter

HHusky said:

If I like my red states can I keep them?
    Sure. Everyone dead there, take all you want.
  • PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 41,659

HHusky said:

GLUTEN!! FUCK YEAH!!!

• MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 37,781
    Swaye's Wigwam

Whatever your feelings about the USPS, I think it’s important to have a non-commercial alternative for mail delivery.

Why?
  • Pitchfork51Pitchfork51 Member Posts: 26,538
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker

HHusky said:

GLUTEN!! FUCK YEAH!!!

My nemesis
  • Pitchfork51Pitchfork51 Member Posts: 26,538
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker

Whatever your feelings about the USPS, I think it’s important to have a non-commercial alternative for mail delivery.

Why?
    Agreed. Works well for ze Germans