Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Mycah Pittman, 4* 2019 WR, Calabasas (HS), CA - Offered 4/19/18

Comments

• greenbloodgreenblood Member Posts: 14,272
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited July 2020

DoogDawg said:

Ektard is an idiot, but so is Pittman if he doesn't think every single program is asking probing questions about his family and personal life during recruitment. Welcome to coaches doing their due diligence when you get a scholarship offer to play big boy college football.

Yeah, it's pretty obvious based on all the reporting at the time and the way things went down that Pittman's behavior at the UW camp caused him to lose favor with UWs coaches and hes trying to change that narrative now the Oregon fans are sending him all these screenshots of Eklund talking shit about him.

That being said, you're a fucking retard, Eklund. Why add fuel to the fire when you know for a fact that Oregon has been very successful in using negative recruiting against UW. Why give locker room bulletin board material to this kid.
    THIS.

If you aren’t negatively recruiting, you aren’t trying. Every successful program in the country negatively recruits to some extent. If you don’t want to get negatively recruited, don’t give programs ammo to do so. It’s really not that hard.
  • BasemanBaseman Member Posts: 12,365
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker

lawsandl said:

Beno4Life said:

All I know is Pittman fuckin balled out when healthy last year, especially against the Dawgs.

Ladies and gentlemen we now have a low bar for what can be determined as "fuckin ballin out," particularly against Washington. Credit gave for being a true freshman but 30% of his "highlight video" from 2019 is posing after make pedestrian catches and getting tackled in Bacceliaesque ways. Jordan Chin balled out more in that game than Pittman. Pittman caught a pass that the OC that apparently sucked perfectly dialed up that anyone who runs under a 5 second 40 would have scored on running in a straight line and 12 yard catch.

He was Oregon’s best WR last year when healthy. He’s going to have a great career but needs to protect his body.
    lawsandl said:

Beno4Life said:

All I know is Pittman fuckin balled out when healthy last year, especially against the Dawgs.

Ladies and gentlemen we now have a low bar for what can be determined as "fuckin ballin out," particularly against Washington. Credit gave for being a true freshman but 30% of his "highlight video" from 2019 is posing after make pedestrian catches and getting tackled in Bacceliaesque ways. Jordan Chin balled out more in that game than Pittman. Pittman caught a pass that the OC that apparently sucked perfectly dialed up that anyone who runs under a 5 second 40 would have scored on running in a straight line and 12 yard catch.

He was Oregon’s best WR last year when healthy. He’s going to have a great career but needs to protect his body.
    I don't know if I would go around telling people a small, not fast WR who never had more than four catches, 60 yards or a non-screen, non-garbage time TD was your best receiver. That's not a good thing. Juwan and Johnny (the next Dillon Mitchell) Johnson, were better even when Pittman was healthy though.
    Pittman has the surest hands on the team.
    He's no Cody Bruns
  • SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,043
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
    I feel like I should lock this thread very soon. It's garbage.
  • sinceredawgsinceredawg Member Posts: 766
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment
    Swaye said:

Do it!
  • theknowledgetheknowledge Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,555
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Swaye said:

Just move it to the duck bored. If duck fans and doogs want to discuss a duck receiver and a fat "player evaluator" they can do it there. I don't read that garbage anyway.
  • SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,043
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club

Swaye said:

Just move it to the duck bored. If duck fans and doogs want to discuss a duck receiver and a fat "player evaluator" they can do it there. I don't read that garbage anyway.
    You really are @theknowledge !!!!!!
  • theknowledgetheknowledge Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,555
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Swaye said:

Swaye said:

You really are @theknowledge !!!!!!
    Oxymoron. I'm actually @theretard @thealcoholic @thedropout @thegrocer
  • NorthwestFreshNorthwestFresh Member Posts: 7,972
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment Combo Breaker

DoogDawg said:

Ektard is an idiot, but so is Pittman if he doesn't think every single program is asking probing questions about his family and personal life during recruitment. Welcome to coaches doing their due diligence when you get a scholarship offer to play big boy college football.

Yeah, it's pretty obvious based on all the reporting at the time and the way things went down that Pittman's behavior at the UW camp caused him to lose favor with UWs coaches and hes trying to change that narrative now the Oregon fans are sending him all these screenshots of Eklund talking shit about him.

That being said, you're a fucking retard, Eklund. Why add fuel to the fire when you know for a fact that Oregon has been very successful in using negative recruiting against UW. Why give locker room bulletin board material to this kid.
    THIS.

If you aren’t negatively recruiting, you aren’t trying. Every successful program in the country negatively recruits to some extent. If you don’t want to get negatively recruited, don’t give programs ammo to do so. It’s really not that hard.
    You know who didn’t believe in negative recruiting?

Mark Helfrich and his “Golden Ticket” plan.

UDub whining about negative recruiting is just stupid. UDub does it too.
  • NorthwestFreshNorthwestFresh Member Posts: 7,972
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment Combo Breaker
    Baseman said:

lawsandl said:

Beno4Life said:

lawsandl said:

Beno4Life said:

I don't know if I would go around telling people a small, not fast WR who never had more than four catches, 60 yards or a non-screen, non-garbage time TD was your best receiver. That's not a good thing. Juwan and Johnny (the next Dillon Mitchell) Johnson, were better even when Pittman was healthy though.
    He's no Cody Bruns
    That’s 4* Cody Bruns.
  • creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,696
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Photogenic

lawsandl said:

Why does Scott continue to bash these kids. Just no need

Here’s my rub and, yes, I am biased: Pittman has been nothing but a great representative for Oregon. He plays his heart out, puts out vlogs giving us a peak at student life, he works hard, etc.

What I don’t get is you had to look no further than his brother Michael. I don’t follow a lot of players outside of Oregon on twitter but I’ve followed Michael and he seems like a genuinely good guy. If CP dug that much into his family, it seems paranoid. Did Mycah “jaw” a little at the camp and act like an alpha? Good lord Thibodeaux was accused of being cancerous too and he has been nothing but a model citizen.
    Or maybe the UW staff didn't completely have their head in the sand and were aware of the very public way in which Michael Pittman Sr. lashed out at the USC staff for misusing their son at USC? The stories were all over the place. Whether it would prove to be the case or not (Pittman Sr. having a legitimate beef), any coach in the country would be merely doing due diligence to ask around and try figuring out if Dad would be a pain in the ass or if it was a single, explainable incident.
    Sounds like a winning strategy.

Recruit talent and fucking deal with it. Life's not supposed to be easy, nor is winning. Sometimes you deal with some baggage to get the talent.

Or try and win with Cody Bruns. IDRGAF either way.

Beno4Life said:

I'm taking it you didn't watch him play a lot last year. He missed a lot of tim and played hurt a lot after that. But the kid can play and made it on the field for a reason.
    edited August 2020

lawsandl said:

Beno4Life said:

lawsandl said:

Beno4Life said:

Again, you are trying way too hard here. The kid is a talent and makes plays. He separated his shoulder and then broke his arm and still contributed as a true freshman. If you want to focus on 100 meter times go ahead.
  • trubluetrublue Member Posts: 3,042
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Baseman said:

lawsandl said:

Beno4Life said:

lawsandl said:

Beno4Life said:

He's no Cody Bruns
    No, he certainly is not.

Cody Bruns was a 4* recruit according to that Fat Fuck, Fetters (Triple F).
  • trubluetrublue Member Posts: 3,042
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes

lawsandl said:

Why does Scott continue to bash these kids. Just no need

Here’s my rub and, yes, I am biased: Pittman has been nothing but a great representative for Oregon. He plays his heart out, puts out vlogs giving us a peak at student life, he works hard, etc.

What I don’t get is you had to look no further than his brother Michael. I don’t follow a lot of players outside of Oregon on twitter but I’ve followed Michael and he seems like a genuinely good guy. If CP dug that much into his family, it seems paranoid. Did Mycah “jaw” a little at the camp and act like an alpha? Good lord Thibodeaux was accused of being cancerous too and he has been nothing but a model citizen.
    Or maybe the UW staff didn't completely have their head in the sand and were aware of the very public way in which Michael Pittman Sr. lashed out at the USC staff for misusing their son at USC? The stories were all over the place. Whether it would prove to be the case or not (Pittman Sr. having a legitimate beef), any coach in the country would be merely doing due diligence to ask around and try figuring out if Dad would be a pain in the ass or if it was a single, explainable incident.
    Sounds like a winning strategy.

Recruit talent and fucking deal with it. Life's not supposed to be easy, nor is winning. Sometimes you deal with some baggage to get the talent.

Or try and win with Cody Bruns. IDRGAF either way.
    Are you kidding me? Cody Bruns was a 4* recruit. Just ask Chris Fetters.

He was pretty good at calling fair catch (and securing the punt) his senior year.

• dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

Mycah Pittman praising the OKG system that poisoned the well.

Sounds like Oregon should have axed better questions.

• RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 100,680
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Kids

What are you gonna do?
  • dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614

Kids

What are you gonna do?

I attribute it to young high school kids. This is what happens.
    edited November 2021
    I have no idea what is going on in this thread, but per usual, I'll read 1/2 of the last page in the thread and throw my opinion in there. (1) every kid who winds up at Oregon really wanted to come to UW but UW said "pass"; and (2) Pittman has been a disappointment last season and 1/2. He's made some big plays in his time in the Uge, but they have better options at WR now. Franklin and Hutson are taking snaps from him, and the big kid, #2, and Johnny Johnson. And in the "small and shifty" category, Jalen Redd is much more explosive and makes more big plays. He's good enough that you don't want to lose him; but he's not a back breaker by any means.
  • 46XiJCAB46XiJCAB Member Posts: 20,967
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    edited November 2021
    When you have TS and then AB throwing to you after JH? And then younger, better players come in. Portal time. I like how fierce the guy plays, he should do well in Corvallis.