Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Anyone else reading the SI 3 part story on Spider Gaines.

MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 37,781
First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
Swaye's Wigwam
Part 2 is awesome.

“On the eve of the 1978 Rose Bowl against Michigan, Gaines willingly abided by his team's 11 p.m. hotel curfew. Yet at 1 a.m., he let four high school friends into his room and they proceeded to party uninterrupted until the morning hours on a potent mix of cocaine, marijuana and beer. Spider got two hours of sleep.

He admittedly still felt a little buzzed when the big game in Pasadena began and he dropped the first pass delivered to him by quarterback Warren Moon. But he bounced back and scored a pair of touchdowns against the Big Ten powerhouse, though one was negated by penalty.

"I didn't come down from the cocaine until I started running and sweating," Gaines said.”

Comments

• Options
    TommySQCTommySQC Member Posts: 5,813
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes

Part 2 is awesome.

“On the eve of the 1978 Rose Bowl against Michigan, Gaines willingly abided by his team's 11 p.m. hotel curfew. Yet at 1 a.m., he let four high school friends into his room and they proceeded to party uninterrupted until the morning hours on a potent mix of cocaine, marijuana and beer. Spider got two hours of sleep.

He admittedly still felt a little buzzed when the big game in Pasadena began and he dropped the first pass delivered to him by quarterback Warren Moon. But he bounced back and scored a pair of touchdowns against the Big Ten powerhouse, though one was negated by penalty.

"I didn't come down from the cocaine until I started running and sweating," Gaines said.”

that settles it.

Cocaine and hookers for everyone

@volcanodawg true?
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,227
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Better than Rapp
  • Options
    picalogestabopicalogestabo Member Posts: 651
    Any relation to Greg?
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

Any relation to Greg?

It’s his uncle
  • Options
    CFetters_Nacho_LoverCFetters_Nacho_Lover Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 28,857
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club

Any relation to Greg?

Old Gainsey.
  • Options
    QuietcowskeeQuietcowskee Member Posts: 3,095
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Any relation to Chris?
  • Options
    BasemanBaseman Member Posts: 12,365

Any relation to Greg?

It’s his uncle
    Aunt. Things change.
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    Baseman said:

Any relation to Greg?

It’s his uncle
    Aunt. Things change.
    Black widow?

• Options
    HairyBallsDawgHairyBallsDawg Member Posts: 1,004
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Spider is such a badass name. I tried to get a friend to name his kid Spider using both Spider Gaines and Spider Sabich as heroic example but he wouldn't go for it.

If one of you guys is having a kid soon... you should really consider Spider for his name.
  • Options
    dnc said:

Baseman said:

Any relation to Greg?

It’s his uncle
    Aunt. Things change.
    Black widow?

No. Current husband is still living
  • Options

Spider is such a badass name. I tried to get a friend to name his kid Spider using both Spider Gaines and Spider Sabich as heroic example but he wouldn't go for it.

If one of you guys is having a kid soon... you should really consider Spider for his name.

Heroic naming your kid after two coked up athletes, one dead - gunned down by a woman who got 30 days in aspen and her choice of what color she wanted her cell painted (pink and purple)
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Baseman said:

Heroic naming your kid after two coked up athletes, one dead - gunned down by a woman who got 30 days in aspen and her choice of what color she wanted her cell painted (pink and purple)
    Might as well name the daughter Mercedez
  • Options

Baseman said:

Might as well name the daughter Mercedez
    One of my former teammates named his daughter Mahr-Say-Deez (sp?)
  • Options
    HairyBallsDawgHairyBallsDawg Member Posts: 1,004
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Baseman said:

Good point. People should probably just stick to safe names like Tom or Fred so the kid won't ruin his shot at getting a job at a CPA firm and going on weekend fishing trips with the other guys named Pat or Henry.