Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Comments

• Options
    BendintheriverBendintheriver Member Posts: 5,305
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    I guess I am not seeing how it was a "racist letter".
  • Options
    RoadTripRoadTrip Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 7,224
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club

She's brown and somebody didn't like her house being used for political statements thus a white racist had to have sent the letter in the oppressive and racist Lake Oswego. If you were a centrist, you would be smart enough to see this clearly.
  • Options
    MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 37,781
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam

It was. It’s in the headline.
  • Options
    thechatchthechatch Member Posts: 5,560
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Not a racist letter.

Also, it’s their house. They can put whatever they want in their windows, so long as it doesn’t break any laws/HOA rules.

But of course, every action has consequences. People pay a premium to live in places like Lake Oswego and Medina. They want peace and quiet. I don’t blame neighbors for being apprehensive about a BLM sign, given what’s happening in downtown Portland, but I don’t think a house is going to not sell because their neighbors put a sign in the window.

This is a situation where everyone needs to relax a little. It’s a 15yo with a sign. The letter wasn’t racist. NBD all around.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited August 2020
    thechatch said:

Not a racist letter.

Also, it’s their house. They can put whatever they want in their windows, so long as it doesn’t break any laws/HOA rules.

But of course, every action has consequences. People pay a premium to live in places like Lake Oswego and Medina. They want peace and quiet. I don’t blame neighbors for being apprehensive about a BLM sign, given what’s happening in downtown Portland, but I don’t think a house is going to not sell because their neighbors put a sign in the window.

This is a situation where everyone needs to relax a little. It’s a 15yo with a sign. The letter wasn’t racist. NBD all around.

She wrote the letter and called the news. FREE PUB! And everyone got to comment with support to show they are anti racist.

HTH
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited August 2020
    In other news, racist frat boys still on the loose. Unless google is censoring the latest developments from Madison.

• Options
    PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 41,833
    Kumar, 15, said her first reaction was to call friends and talk with her parents about the letter.

When da FUQ are parents going to parent?!?!