Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Rams excited for the Michael Sam pick

2»

Comments

• Options
    GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,481
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    The Sports-Industrial Complex is not doing this kid any favors with the wall-to-wall ball to ball coverage. They've set him up be playing for all of fagdom (75k) rather than himself and his precious partner. Most shit he's going to get in locker room is because guys be tired of seeing his frosting covered face.
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    edited May 2014

I feel uncomfortable watching men cry over something so trivial. Him being gay doesn't really matter, but labeling can be fun on anonymous online message boards.

I'm not a crier myself, but getting drafted isn't trivial when you consider how few football players accomplish getting that far.
    I agree with it's not trivial, but neither is getting eliminated from your last NCAA tournament, or knocked out of the playoffs in a *special* year. Most players don't get that far either. And I still laughed at those dudes.

I snicker over any player crying on draft day.

I'm probably an asshole.
  • Options
    topdawgnctopdawgnc Member Posts: 7,838
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Name Dropper

I feel uncomfortable watching men cry over something so trivial. Him being gay doesn't really matter, but labeling can be fun on anonymous online message boards.

PLSS and D2D thinks you are coming off a little bigoted.

HTH
    How am I coming off as bigoted, other than throwing around a few "curse" words?

I get the hoopla surrounding an out gay player getting drafted. But Mr. and Ms. Sam should have had a bit more respect for themselves than the display they put on, especially with the scrutinizing eyes of America on them.

Testosterone is on the decline in America. Cry when your mom dies, not when you get drafted in the last fucking round.
    PGOS likes to scrutinize gay dudes.
    No, I like to state facts. Lots of people were watching ESPN and were curious to see how Sam would react to being drafted. I'm sure many of the people who hate homosexuals weren't disappointed with it.

I was disappointed because I wanted him to nod firmly upon receiving the news, maybe give his bf a kiss and a slap on the ass, and then look into the camera and say, "I'm the best gay man in the league, I'm gonna show these mediocre NFL GM's that they should have drafted me in the first".

Instead he cried.
    If that was what you were expecting ...

Your TV Guide misspelled WWE.