Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Comments

• SledogSledog Member Posts: 30,470
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Have rentals and have been selling them off when I can. A few left fortunately they've been paying their rent.
  • YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 33,793
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    @RaceBannon you planning on getting back in the eviction bidness?
  • doogiedoogie Member Posts: 15,072
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Hey, Brandon Leyritz, shut the fuck up. You gambled, you lost. The risks were always there whether you saw them or not.

Nobody should bail you out. Be thankful you live in the US where there is no debtors prison. Stalling your financial wipeout only hurts you at this point.

Call Softy and ask him to ask his Rent-A-State experts for a couple of BK attorney referrals, make the call, give it all back and start over.
  • TurdBomberTurdBomber Member Posts: 19,735
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    doogie said:

Hey, Brandon Leyritz, shut the fuck up. You gambled, you lost. The risks were always there whether you saw them or not.

Nobody should bail you out. Be thankful you live in the US where there is no debtors prison. Stalling your financial wipeout only hurts you at this point.

Call Softy and ask him to ask his Rent-A-State experts for a couple of BK attorney referrals, make the call, give it all back and start over.

You sound like an asshole. And a loser. And a leech.

Trifecta. Congrats.
  • GoduckiesGoduckies Member Posts: 5,301
    First Comment 5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes
  • WestlinnDuckWestlinnDuck Member Posts: 13,697
    Standard Supporter
    Trouble with a REIT is that commercial real estate has just started to tank. No tenants, no rents, no REIT dividend. But I agree that you aren't dealing with maintenance issues if you just hold stock.
  • doogiedoogie Member Posts: 15,072

doogie said:

You sound like an asshole. And a loser. And a leech.

Trifecta. Congrats.
    Live by leverage, die by leverage.

Sledog said:

Have rentals and have been selling them off when I can. A few left fortunately they've been paying their rent.

I never want to be in the landlord bidness ever. I know I'm dumb and pour but I don't have the patience for it. A man's gotta know his limitations.
    Start in Residential, acquire, then flip to Commercial.

Stay in Residential and eventually one POS, insolvent squatter will ruin your portfolio.

Inslee has destroyed a bunch of small LLs in the past 6 months. I hope he pays for it.
    Goduckies said:

Buy a reit

Risky with what's going on in our cities. With WFH, and all the malls dying and getting re-developed, it could be gangbusters in the burbs in a few years.
  • creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,696
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Photogenic

Goduckies said:

Buy a reit

Risky with what's going on in our cities. With WFH, and all the malls dying and getting re-developed, it could be gangbusters in the burbs in a few years.
    Agreed. Office REITs are going to take it in the ass.
  • UW_Doog_BotUW_Doog_Bot Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 14,093
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam

Sledog said:

I never want to be in the landlord bidness ever. I know I'm dumb and pour but I don't have the patience for it. A man's gotta know his limitations.
    Minus rents(which are high risk) the market pays more per year in returns than property.
  • YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 33,793
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam

Sledog said:

Minus rents(which are high risk) the market pays more per year in returns than property.
    All real estate is local. If you can buy and hold properties in markets that will appreciate you’ll get rich. But in so many markets, there’s no appreciation after inflation is accounted for.

Sledog said:

All real estate is local. If you can buy and hold properties in markets that will appreciate you’ll get rich. But in so many markets, there’s no appreciation after inflation is accounted for.
    I don't worry about appreciation as long as the tenants are buying and maintaining the building for me.