Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Say their names

georgiaduckgeorgiaduck Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 1,535
First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
Swaye's Wigwam
Of the seven defense attorneys (three of them black) in Louisville who don't believe the cops involved in the death of Breanna Taylor should be charged for murder/manslaughter. Weigh their opinion vs legal expertise of Lebron or Beyonce

https://www.yahoo.com/news/police-officers-not-charged-breonna-100516825.html

Comments

• SFGbobSFGbob Member Posts: 31,919
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter

Other lawyers said if police are not allowed to return fire when they are shot at, nobody would be willing to work as an officer.

All the attorneys contacted by The Courier Journal described Taylor’s death as a tragedy and several said her family deserves to be compensated by the city for their loss.

“This case is an unmitigated disaster,” Shouse said. “It stinks to high heaven. We can either acknowledge this and make much needed reforms, or we can do what appears to be happening: using the same old playbook and hoping this mess will blow over. It won't.”

Three months after the Taylor shooting, the city banned no knock warrants. However, Shouse suggested two other reforms: assigning warrant applications to judges at random, rather than letting police officers shop for one they think will be accommodating, and recording the conversations between judges and officers.

“Every other interaction between a judge and a player in the criminal justice system is recorded," he said. “Why not this?”

I have to agree that if you shoot at a cop all bets are off. Also think the no knock warrant for minor charges in the middle of the night is going to continue to have this happen

Don't know if they're lying but the cops claim they did knock. Can't tell you how many times I read about this story in the press and never saw it mentioned that her boyfriend fired at the police before she was killed. Doesn't excuse her being killed but her old drug dealer boyfriend who was still using her residence as drop house shouldn't be ignored.
  • doogiedoogie Member Posts: 15,072
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    so, legalize drugs- Save Lives?
  • RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 100,726
    Swaye's Wigwam
    SFGbob said:

Other lawyers said if police are not allowed to return fire when they are shot at, nobody would be willing to work as an officer.

All the attorneys contacted by The Courier Journal described Taylor’s death as a tragedy and several said her family deserves to be compensated by the city for their loss.

“This case is an unmitigated disaster,” Shouse said. “It stinks to high heaven. We can either acknowledge this and make much needed reforms, or we can do what appears to be happening: using the same old playbook and hoping this mess will blow over. It won't.”

Three months after the Taylor shooting, the city banned no knock warrants. However, Shouse suggested two other reforms: assigning warrant applications to judges at random, rather than letting police officers shop for one they think will be accommodating, and recording the conversations between judges and officers.

“Every other interaction between a judge and a player in the criminal justice system is recorded," he said. “Why not this?”

I have to agree that if you shoot at a cop all bets are off. Also think the no knock warrant for minor charges in the middle of the night is going to continue to have this happen

Don't know if they're lying but the cops claim they did knock. Can't tell you how many times I read about this story in the press and never saw it mentioned that her boyfriend fired at the police before she was killed. Doesn't excuse her being killed but her old drug dealer boyfriend who was still using her residence as drop house shouldn't be ignored.
    I hadn't been following that close and it was just today that I read about the cops getting shot at.
  • HuskyJWHuskyJW Guest, Member Posts: 14,161
    I am for whatever puts pigs in jail
  • NorthwestFreshNorthwestFresh Member Posts: 7,972
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited July 2020

That's encouraging. Basically lifted right from that Warrior Cop book.

No-knock raids should be accessible, and very rare.
    Federal agencies searching friendly judges for no-knock warrants is still fine, though. Especially when you tip off friendly media to cover the raid. That’s just good policing.

https://youtu.be/dWTzCNY7_YY

• TurdBomberTurdBomber Member Posts: 19,735
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    I eagerly await the Dazzler's Guardhouse Lawyer insights.
  • Blu82Blu82 Member Posts: 1,497
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes

Of the seven defense attorneys (three of them black) in Louisville who don't believe the cops involved in the death of Breanna Taylor should be charged for murder/manslaughter. Weigh their opinion vs legal expertise of Lebron or Beyonce

https://www.yahoo.com/news/police-officers-not-charged-breonna-100516825.html

Lebron James is a loud mouthed, uneducated moron.
    A true case of idiots listening and taking guidance from someone whose only expertise is playing with a ball.
    Education and societal thought processes continue to reach new lows.
  • SledogSledog Member Posts: 30,483
    I never applied for or served a no knock warrant.
  • GoduckiesGoduckies Member Posts: 5,304
    First Comment 5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes
    They happen a lot in drug cases
  • HuskyJWHuskyJW Guest, Member Posts: 14,161
    edited August 2020
    I like to be a white and pretend I know what a no knock raid really means or does that’s what I like to do

You motherfuckers would shit your britches with the cops busting in your house with a no knock raid. They could come in and rape and your wife and your kids and you wouldn’t do a goddamn thing
  • GoduckiesGoduckies Member Posts: 5,304
    First Comment 5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes
    Cops would have no reason to give me a no knock raid, but if someone else comes in I would grab my bat or my roommates gun
  • BendintheriverBendintheriver Member Posts: 5,255
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    HuskyJW said:

I am for whatever puts pigs in jail

If all the pigs are going to be in jail what then will you do for a girlfriend ?
  • BendintheriverBendintheriver Member Posts: 5,255
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    HuskyJW said:

I like to be a white and pretend I know what a no knock raid really means or does that’s what I like to do

You motherfuckers would shit your britches with the cops busting in your house with a no knock raid. They could come in and rape and your wife and your kids and you wouldn’t do a goddamn thing

Wow. Someone needs to stop watching Steven Segal movies. I bet you own every one.
  • WestlinnDuckWestlinnDuck Member Posts: 13,701
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Standard Supporter
    Goduckies said:

Cops would have no reason to give me a no knock raid, but if someone else comes in I would grab my bat or my roommates gun

The problem is that at times the cops get the address wrong or a transcription error occurs. When they raid the wrong home, it doesn't matter that you aren't the small time drug dealer.
  • GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,480
    Standard Supporter
    Houhusky said:

I’ve worked hard enough to be able to live in a nice quiet part of town where nothing happens. There is zero chance I’m not firing at someone If I wake up at 3 am to mass confusion and someone violently breaking down my door or window regardless of what they are yelling.

No knock raids should not be a thing except for super high level organizational types like the Epsteins or Chapos of the world.

Precisely. There are exigencies where no-knocks are warranted (lulz). I think those are exceedingly rare.
  • SledogSledog Member Posts: 30,483
    edited August 2020
    Goduckies said:

They happen a lot in drug cases

Not in my experience. At least not in Kali and I served warrants on several of the large motorcycle gangs, street gangs etc. Not just in frog cases either. Murderers, armored car robbers, bank robbers gang manners etc. It's an extraordinary measure in my experience.

I'm certainly of the "if someone is breaking down my door and I don't know who they are" camp there WILL be gunfire. Lots of gunfire.