Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Germie Bernard, 2022 4* WR, Henderson (Liberty), NV (Sparty)

Comments

• dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

Angulo:

Germie Bernard, a four-star wide receiver and Top247 member from Henderson (Nev.) Liberty, announced his commitment to the Huskies on Thursday night. He had amassed 10 other scholarship offers and likely would have garnered much more national attention had there been a tradition spring evaluation period this year.

“It’s perfect timing for me given all the covid stuff, just knowing the season is getting pushed back and we don’t know when coaches will be going out to see players,” Bernard told 247Sports. “Washington has always been in contact with me and I’ve got a great relationship with the coaches, ever since they first started recruiting me.”

“I have a really good bond with coach Junior Adams. We’ve been talking for the last few months and build that relationship between us. I know that coach Adams will always put me in a position to win, will always give me the right advice and tell me the truth, even if it’s something I don’t want to hear. That was really big for me.”

Bernard is the nation’s No. 20 rated wide receiver and No. 5 overall prospect in the state of Nevada for the 2022 class, per the industry-generated 247Sports Composite rankings.

Oregon and USC are the only other Pac-12 programs with commitments from rising juniors early on in the cycle.

The Huskies made a tremendous impression on the 6-foot-2, 195-pound Bernard when he visited Seattle last year to see Washington take on USC in a highly anticipated Pac-12 match-up. The talented pass-catcher was greeted with a new scholarship offer from the Huskies on that trip.

Adams continued to harvest that relationship and it's a big reason why Bernard has essentially shut down his recruitment with two more seasons of high school football remaining before he embarks on his college career.

Bernard also spent the early part of this off-season with Seattle-based 7-on-7 program FSP, which was headlined by Washington-bound quarterback and five-star Sam Huard.

“When I visited campus, it was just a great environment,” Bernard said. “Everyone was welcoming and I was able to get a really good feel for the program. All the players are very respectful and I feel that when I get there, I’ll be coached up well and get to learn a lot from the older guys in that room.

“It was also a great opportunity to play with all the top guys in Seattle and I learned a lot. Playing with Sam, I could tell he’s one of the top quarterbacks and when I found out he was going to Washington, I felt like if I went there, we could be unstoppable. It was a blessing being the first guy Washington offered and that also led me into leaning toward Washington. They don’t offer many players so for them to jump on me early, that was a big deal.”

Adams also reeled in the top-rated receiver in the Las Vegas area in the 2020 class, four-star wideout Rome Odunze of Bishop Gorman.

Bernard is an impressive athlete who excels in one on one match-ups, can gain separation early in the route and shows elite body control on the perimeter to go up for the football. He displays a great feel for the position and is a natural pass-catcher, making him one of the players to monitor the next few years.”

ISHIT
  • chuckchuck Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,586
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    dnc said:
    Jeez how old is that kid? Hell of a pick up. He looks more than a little like Kasen. I think he'll be a few steps faster though. Kasen ran like a long jumper. This guy has fast, choppy strides.
  • DoogWhispererDoogWhisperer Member Posts: 1,017
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment
    Looks like a strong possession guy
  • dirtysouwfdawgdirtysouwfdawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 11,701
    5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes First Anniversary
    Swaye's Wigwam
    I hate you and everyone.

This makes me happy.
  • SonnyShackelfordSonnyShackelford Member Posts: 915
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Everything looks great but his Twitter handle needs some work
  • DawgFaderDawgFader Member Posts: 1,414
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
  • ATLDawgATLDawg Member Posts: 89
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Name Dropper
    Junior Adams!!
  • ATLDawgATLDawg Member Posts: 89
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Name Dropper
    He still where fitted..
  • dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    His Hudl starts and ends with pancake blocks.

Seems to have some nasty in him.

Huge pickup.
  • DougDoug Member Posts: 40
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Photogenic
    Great start for 22
  • greenbloodgreenblood Member Posts: 14,272
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited July 2020
    dnc said:

This is bigtime. Proud of Junior Adams.

Is the bar really that low? Last year wouldn’t he have been behind Puka and McMillan? It’s a good get, but getting this excited should be a little worrisome