Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

NCAA Allowing Social Justice Messages. Lake Speak Up!

ATLDawgATLDawg Member Posts: 89
First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Name Dropper
https://www.tmz.com/2020/07/30/ncaa-to-allow-athletes-to-wear-social-justice-messages-on-jersey-patches/,

The NCAA is allowing social justice messages on jerseys. I hope Lake takes this and runs with it as a African American head coach at a high level traditional power 5( most AA get jobs at bad schools in the power 5 if any) The need for social justice for black and brown people is becoming accepted in the American conscious. It’s understood in the NFL, MLB, & NBA. Lake can position himself as the “First African American Who Can Win A National Championship.” He was late with Floyd, and Cristoball respond first. This is an opportunity where he can blend his views with a great cause. If he doesn’t don’t be mad when Cristoball and Oregon does.

Comments

• ATLDawgATLDawg Member Posts: 89

I laughed because according to Ty Washington is one of those shitty programs

Facts are facts.. numbers speak for themselves.
  • RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 100,706
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    So Jimmy got a shitty job?
    Washington is a top 20 traditional program with a lot resources it's not Alabama, Oklahoma, Ohio State, but it's on a Clemson level those true blue bloods are not going to hire an African American so he has the next best thing.
  • AlexisAlexis Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,977
    Swaye's Wigwam
    ATLDawg said:

Washington is a top 20 traditional program with a lot resources it's not Alabama, Oklahoma, Ohio State, but it's on a Clemson level those true blue bloods are not going to hire an African American so he has the next best thing.

John Blake says hi. (RIP)
  • RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 100,706
    Swaye's Wigwam
    There are a couple threads on the tug about the marriage of social justice and sports, in particular football in our case

One can want to escape from the dreary existence through sports and alcohol and still be active and aware the rest of the week

All that being said I'm a whatever works when it comes to recruiting. If Jimmy has a message that works and is real then by all means use it
  • BleachedAnusDawgBleachedAnusDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,394
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    So now I tune in and get to hear the opinions of a bunch of dipshit 19 year olds? Season cannot get cancelled soon enough.
    Alexis said:

ATLDawg said:

say hello to Dennis Francione, Mike Shula, Mike Dubose, Bob Davie, Tommy Bowden, Rick Neuheusal, Gilbertson, etc.. Either way the point is that Lake is in a great position to take it to the next level. While being authentic when you walk into recruits households. I guess yes two blue bloods out of all the African American players in the last 100 years has hired an African American coach. Great Bro!!I
  • GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,480
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    ATLDawg said:

Alexis said:

ATLDawg said:

say hello to Dennis Francione, Mike Shula, Mike Dubose, Bob Davie, Tommy Bowden, Rick Neuheusal, Gilbertson, etc.. Either way the point is that Lake is in a great position to take it to the next level. While being authentic when you walk into recruits households. I guess yes two blue bloods out of all the African American players in the last 100 years has hired an African American coach. Great Bro!!I
    Away, Necromancer! Be gone!
  • DawgDaze71DawgDaze71 Member Posts: 701
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Wait til that Marxist, Stalingrad Black Panther Party shit shows up on Helmets and THIS time fucking Forrest Gump won't be there to lay the smack down.
    Either way, life and sales is about angles if Lake does not see this angle I am disappointed.
  • dannarcdannarc Member Posts: 2,244
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    NOGAF, play football and win.....
  • MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 37,781
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Notice this is for 2020. A year where there won't be sports. It's brilliant. Allow it in 2020 and be a hero. But not actually have to allow it
  • Postal91Postal91 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 1,727
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam

So Jimmy got a shitty job?

You have to wonder how hard CP is laughing to the bank right now.
  • mrdoogmrdoog Member Posts: 203
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Jimmy Lake makes Bryant Gumbel look like Malcolm X
  • no_uhno_uh Member Posts: 757
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    You sound very young/ignorant.
  • MotrboatnsobMotrboatnsob Member Posts: 424
    First Anniversary Name Dropper 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

Are Lake and or Washington getting this support from the players? I haven’t seen anything yet.
  • bananasnblondesbananasnblondes Member Posts: 14,876
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    As I've said over and over for years and years, moderating sucks.

If you disagree with somebody, respectfully disagree.

If you cant express your opimnion without using some type of profanity, don't post.

Leave politics off the board.

Don't be disrespectful to the mods.

if you have a post deleted, you know why. Don 't ask us to explain. It's just asking for an argument.

Lots of complaints lately. We're just trying to keep things moving along and civil. If you can't be nice, you don't get to post.

If your ability to post is revoked, it'll more than likely be for a day or two in order to chill a bit. Unless you have a history.

Don't make us moderate.

We really need some football.